Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vault of Heaven

+6
applesauce
FrankF
ryesteve
echoside
lennon_68
AteamAreGreedyAsF
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vault of Heaven Empty Vault of Heaven

Post by AteamAreGreedyAsF Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:15 pm

These are my LEAST favorite events in DS. I usually skip them altogether and farm DLC's for a week.

So, maybe I am missing something? Aside from the obvious strategy of buying a ton of potions/progs, is there a good strategy for this event (for cashless players)?

AteamAreGreedyAsF

Back to top Go down

Vault of Heaven Empty Re: Vault of Heaven

Post by lennon_68 Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:33 pm

I disagree pretty heartily about these events.  They've been very profitable for me in the past and this one looks pretty good from a profit standpoint as well.  Pick up a single AA+ prog, create a team of him with four 1bp c cards, and farm the big guys.  With an 800 bp bar it should take a little over 1 bp per "uber boss" (whatever they're calling it this time).  Looking at the prize list I'd guess that the RSS x 3 for 8,000,000 points is the stopping point.  80bp gets you 4 RSS and the AAA.  Also you get 6 MyElixir and 3 myEP along the way to help fund some of that.  Worst case (if you buy the prog yourself) is probably a break even.  Share a prog with the clan and you're probably making 20ep at worst.  Best case you get some good drops from the uber boss along the way and make a good stack of EP.

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:07 pm

I've always wondered, but never tried too many methods, is the 54 bp team the most efficient way for the mega boss dude?

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by AteamAreGreedyAsF Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:17 am

I disagree.  By the third stage the energy cost is already 10 per.  I just used 2 ep and 1 bp,  only got three bosses,  so my reward for 3 potions is 1 SOW,  200 ap,  and 1000 gold.  That is lame as hell.

AteamAreGreedyAsF

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am

The 54 bp team isn't technically more efficient than a 250bp team of all AA+ maxed progs (because the boss' defense basically subtracts a flat amount off your attack each time - doesn't seem to be random on these events) but it's pretty close - you'd never recoop the cost of the additional 4 AA+ progs.

Fair enough Ateam.  I've done this event each time and consistently come away with a good profit.  If you're lower level I'm sure it could be very different though.  Oh, if you're on a section where it's 10 per tap you're at the end of a lap.  Once you complete that area you'll start a new lap and the usage will go back to 2.  It goes up 1 ep per tap in each area for each lap but eventually caps, maybe at 10 for lap start and 20 for lap end ?  Also don't waste BP on the regular bosses, only fight them if you can kill them with 20%.  Save BP for the uber boss Smile

On a sidenote the uber boss drops may have been improved.  I'm not sure if that's the case or if more people in my clan are doing it than usual but several clanmates have gotten AAA and EX from the uber boss and that never seemed to happen before.

Last edited by lennon_68 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 am

I used to like these events too, but as usual, ATeam's tweaks have made it way shittier than previously. First, they give the AA prog a stupid low atk rate. Compared to last time, every boss is going to take over 30% more energy to kill. Then they tie the big boss appearance to number of bosses killed, rather than time, so you can't sit at the first lap and find the bosses for less ep. And you no longer get a day where you have the big boss without the f'ing jiggle boss getting in the way and wasting battles. ATeam never rests trying to dream of ways to make us waste even more ep/bp in events.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 am

ryesteve wrote:I used to like these events too, but as usual, ATeam's tweaks have made it way shittier than previously.  First, they give the AA prog a stupid low atk rate.  Compared to last time, every boss is going to take over 30% more energy to kill.  Then they tie the big boss appearance to number of bosses killed, rather than time, so you can't sit at the first lap and find the bosses for less ep.  And you no longer get a day where you have the big boss without the f'ing jiggle boss getting in the way and wasting battles.  ATeam never rests trying to dream of ways to make us waste even more ep/bp in events.

I kinda' see your point but you have to get those kill counts up anyway for the rewards.  I thought it was nice that they allowed you to fight the uber boss on day 1 rather than waiting around with nothing to do in-game until the last couple days of the event.  I will miss that day of uber boss without jiggle boss for sure though.  And I have to admit I didn't (and probably wouldn't have) notice the drop in atk of the prog this time.

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 am

Atk this time, 14,220; last time, 18,960. Huge difference.
And you can get your boss count up just by not skipping battles as you're looking for big bosses. No difference there. The only difference is that you can no longer get the big boss for cheap ep.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:05 pm

I have a little over 4 million points so far...all I've gotten from uber boss is 1000 or less ally points or 200 gold.  one time i got 10,000 gold, not much different than the 200 :/

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by AteamAreGreedyAsF Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 pm

I have 450 energy and 360 battle. I have run through my entire energy bar several times without facing a single boss. The prizes have all been lame,  but I have nowhere near 4 million points.  Thats crazy.

AteamAreGreedyAsF

Back to top Go down

Post by AteamAreGreedyAsF Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 pm

So far i have fought the special boss 6 times and i have received 4600 gold and 2000 ally points.

AteamAreGreedyAsF

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 am

ryesteve wrote:I used to like these events too, but as usual, ATeam's tweaks have made it way shittier than previously.  First, they give the AA prog a stupid low atk rate.  Compared to last time, every boss is going to take over 30% more energy to kill.  Then they tie the big boss appearance to number of bosses killed, rather than time, so you can't sit at the first lap and find the bosses for less ep.  And you no longer get a day where you have the big boss without the f'ing jiggle boss getting in the way and wasting battles.  ATeam never rests trying to dream of ways to make us waste even more ep/bp in events.

At least the jiggle boss doesn't actually jiggle this time.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:48 am

AteamAreGreedyAsF wrote:I have 450 energy and 360 battle. I have run through my entire energy bar several times without facing a single boss. The prizes have all been lame,  but I have nowhere near 4 million points.  Thats crazy.

Yeah, that's horrible if you can't find a boss to fight with 450 energy.  With those bars I wouldn't run the event - no profit in it.  It might be a bit better to go to like 200/600 but it still won't be profitable.

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by AteamAreGreedyAsF Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 pm

I just beat the super boss. 9 bp, 3mil hit points. My prize: my elixer100.

That is absolute bullshit. Time to sell my prog and quit this event. I'm down 14 fucking potions already and I got fuck all to show for it.

AteamAreGreedyAsF

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 pm

lennon_68 wrote:Yeah, that's horrible if you can't find a boss to fight with 450 energy.  With those bars I wouldn't run the event - no profit in it.  It might be a bit better to go to like 200/600 but it still won't be profitable.

Even with a free prog, 200/600 isn't profitable.  I think this is a problem for ATeam -- there is no point for lower level players to seriously do the events.  They can't compete with players for whom 1 bp goes 3x as far.  This might be part of the rationale for dropping the AA event rewards -- if you make ranking less attractive, it's easier for the low level players.  Maybe ATeam needs to trot out another Forgotten Island event...

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 pm

I have about 8.3 million points now...still only got ally points and gold from bosses

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:25 am

[quote="FrankF"]
lennon_68 wrote:This might be part of the rationale for dropping the AA event rewards
No, the reason they dropped monsters as rank awards is so that they can dictate how much you have to spend. The final event that had monster rank awards, I was able to rank without spending any potions at all. Seriously. That was a wall event. I think you only had to get to lap 11 or 12 to rank in that one. Now, they force you to go to lap 25. That kind of a change has nothing to do with helping low level players. It's about screwing high level players and forcing them to spend more to get the same rewards that used to cost way, way less.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm

FrankF wrote:
Even with a free prog, 200/600 isn't profitable.  I think this is a problem for ATeam -- there is no point for lower level players to seriously do the events.  They can't compete with players for whom 1 bp goes 3x as far.  This might be part of the rationale for dropping the AA event rewards -- if you make ranking less attractive, it's easier for the low level players.  Maybe ATeam needs to trot out another Forgotten Island event...

the fact that higher lvl players get more out of a potion has always been the case, this is not new and there is nothing wrong with it, if i spent more time, effort and/or money than you i should have some advantage.

for lower lvl players, ranking has always been hard/expensive, we have all been there, i feel no sympathy for people with short attention spans that want the best stuff and top ranks with zero time/effort and/or money.

that said, i do feel they could make it more inviting for the lower lvl people with some nicer rewards, or even divide up rankings/rewards by lvl, such as 2 AAA for top rank of the higher lvls, 1 AAA for top rank of mid lvls, and maybe AA and some other stuff for top rank of the low lvls.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:38 pm

ryesteve wrote:
FrankF wrote:
lennon_68 wrote:This might be part of the rationale for dropping the AA event rewards
No, the reason they dropped monsters as rank awards is so that they can dictate how much you have to spend.  The final event that had monster rank awards, I was able to rank without spending any potions at all.  Seriously.  That was a wall event.  I think you only had to get to lap 11 or 12 to rank in that one.  Now, they force you to go to lap 25.  That kind of a change has nothing to do with helping low level players.  It's about screwing high level players and forcing them to spend more to get the same rewards that used to cost way, way less.

i feel like that's definitely a part of it. on the other hand it also really help event planning because you know you will get the AAA for a certain amount of eps and can stop once you reach it
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:41 pm

True, certainty is one advantage, but I was never one to hover around the cutoff. I always gave myself plenty of cushion to make sure I ranked, and it was still way cheaper than it is now.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 pm

applesauce wrote:for lower lvl players, ranking has always been hard/expensive, we have all been there, i feel no sympathy for people with short attention spans that want the best stuff and top ranks with zero time/effort and/or money.

True enough, but there are way more level 230 players now than there were when you were level 60 (or when I was, for that matter).  The older DS gets, the tougher it will be (all else being equal).  I just now hit level 120 and have been able to rank* in the top 1000 -- and that's after a year+ of playing.  For new players, it's very possible they'll never rank.

* I did rank in the top 500 for Forgotten Island II, which was a level playing field for all.

applesauce wrote:that said, i do feel they could make it more inviting for the lower lvl people with some nicer rewards, or even divide up rankings/rewards by lvl, such as 2 AAA for top rank of the higher lvls, 1 AAA for top rank of mid lvls, and maybe AA and some other stuff for top rank of the low lvls.

This.  They have to do something if they want to preserve the long-term health of the game and not milk their cash cow to death.  Otherwise, they won't get new players because they're too far behind and will eventually lose the top players to various forms of attrition.  And the game will die a slow death (which it seems to be).  They have been fixing some of the glaring problems (the monster guild distribution in Ex and AAA is much better than it was in AA and A, e.g.) and clan leagues was pretty decent, so maybe something like this is coming.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 pm

ryesteve wrote:True, certainty is one advantage, but I was never one to hover around the cutoff.  I always gave myself plenty of cushion to make sure I ranked, and it was still way cheaper than it is now.

i do agree that the general requirements for the AAA has gone up. therefore the cut off lvl between profit and loss has gone up too.

from my own experience, my first profitable AA ranking in the olds days was around lvl80. 
I do not feel a lvl80 player could profit going for an AAA in the current game

FrankF wrote:
True enough, but there are way more level 230 players now than there were when you were level 60 (or when I was, for that matter).  The older DS gets, the tougher it will be (all else being equal).  I just now hit level 120 and have been able to rank* in the top 1000 -- and that's after a year+ of playing.  For new players, it's very possible they'll never rank.

* I did rank in the top 500 for Forgotten Island II, which was a level playing field for all.

well since most rewards are disconnected from rankings now, the competition is no longer a consideration

FrankF wrote:
This.  They have to do something if they want to preserve the long-term health of the game and not milk their cash cow to death.  Otherwise, they won't get new players because they're too far behind and will eventually lose the top players to various forms of attrition.  And the game will die a slow death (which it seems to be).  They have been fixing some of the glaring problems (the monster guild distribution in Ex and AAA is much better than it was in AA and A, e.g.) and clan leagues was pretty decent, so maybe something like this is coming.
[/quote]

since the competition no longer matters as i said above, whether everyone else is a higher level also no longer matters. the main problem for newer player, im my view, is that unless you pay tons of cash, its much harder now for newbies to make eps, TM and its limited trades, fall in values of DLC, A, AA becoming worthless, all of those serve to cut off the few methods for beginners to build up a ep supply.

applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagheera Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm a newer player, the only way I make ep right now is trading aa regs for soe/+ and sell for 1ep. If I get soe I have to eco it. I still make ep but altogether very slow process. But better than dropping $25 for 35 ep/bp again

Bagheera

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skill Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Bagheera wrote:I'm a newer player, the only way I make ep right now is trading aa regs for soe/+ and sell for 1ep. If I get soe I have to eco it. I still make ep but altogether very slow process. But better than dropping $25 for 35 ep/bp again

You can also make stacks and sell them.

The Skill

Back to top Go down

Post by rkhtse Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Bagheera wrote:I'm a newer player, the only way I make ep right now is trading aa regs for soe/+ and sell for 1ep. If I get soe I have to eco it. I still make ep but altogether very slow process. But better than dropping $25 for 35 ep/bp again

This game doesn't worth to put in money. Dont buy ebon chest and soul point.

You can earn soul point by downloading some "free" advertising game.
Play for 1 minute after download and then delete the game.
But be careful, those with more than 20 soul points reward might require a cash purchase of something.
The 7-15 are generally safe.

It is a hard, long way job, but once 100 soul point is gathered,
it can be used to buy 1 EP or  1 BP.
rkhtse
rkhtse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next