Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!

+7
bacsiha
larry378
Beatdowncity
Lindz408
ryesteve
SwtLaotiaNix7
Scratch102
11 posters

Go down

You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!  Empty You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!

Post by Scratch102 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 am

Not going to get into details but I just got a late Christmas Gift from a relative, a $50 Google Gift card. I just dumped it into Soul Points (first time ever doing that, not a FUN process) and I have 6010sp now to play with.

Soooo what the heck is the use of these? How have any of you found is the best way to convert these into EP or how to get what you are actually after?

Myself I am trying to create an AA+ hybrid team, going after Wingarm+ and the like.

Looking at the options in here as of today:

40 Ice Decimators - kinda silly NOW but something similar during the next event? Do you buy to use or resell them?
72 EP - just straight conversion to EP... boring but effective?
72 BP - prep for Vagrant Lands? Resell them at the stupid higher ratio during the event?
2x Skill resets?
2 of the Dark Summon x11 Packs? Possibly get an AAA?
2 Delightful Doom boxes (lulz)

What sort of things would you folks do? I have never done this before so I don't want to just burn/waste this.

Smile
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!  Empty Re: You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 am

Depends if you want to gamble or not.
If you want to gamble on the chance to acquire something great, do the Dark Summons or Ice Deci.
If you want a sure thing, do the EP or BP.

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!  Empty Re: You won a Soul Point Lotto... NOW WHAT?!

Post by ryesteve Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 am

No, the sure thing is to buy the skill resets, and resell them for more ep than you could otherwise buy with those soul points.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindz408 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 am

definitely go for the resets and sell them. there's no reason to buy ep unless you're only buying a very small number of soul points

Lindz408

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am

Oh forgot bout those...

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 am

Interesting. So you get to gamble and probably end up with a Dru or something equally boring...maybe luck out with something nice...

But the sure money is the skill books. I haven't traded these before, so i'll just guess their value is increased IF we get VL right after this Energy-geared event, yes?

...and you can get more than 72ep for 2x books?
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatdowncity Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am

Dark Summon x11 can net you a high return if you get something like an Ash Bahumut, a skill book will get you between 40-60 EP per. I don't see why anyone buys EP with real cash, though I guess the EP Economy has to come from somewhere...
Beatdowncity
Beatdowncity

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:30 am

No idea, I don't plan on ever buying anything, but I looked at this gift card and browsed the current app offerings from Android, the possible movies, music, etc...and ended up back here.

Heck, I was surprised to get anything, all I did was help one of my Aunts with a bunch of issues on her laptop and setting up her SGIII over the holidays and this ends up in the mail to me. Smile

So out of 22 "paid" dark summons (since this x11 thing ends on 1/7) one would HOPE I could get something that is sellable for ep??

Or is this just...a joke. I'd hate to burn it on summons and end up with 22 Blood Blobs.

The kicker would be to get an AAA which would be like a 401k sitting until they release them into the trading market, if ever...

bleh...
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Beatdowncity wrote:I don't see why anyone buys EP with real cash,

that's a pretty pessimistic standpoint seeing as YOU are trying to sell ep for real cash lol
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Well i am sorely tempted to gamble and get 22 dark summons. Any guesses on how badly this will go?
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Did you summon all ? Im very curious Smile

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:24 pm

No no, haven't bought the Summons yet. The more I read about the failure rates people have, the more I lean towards buying 2 skill resets.

Heck people will want the books as soon as the next BP event arrives.

I am so tempted to gamble though. I do enjoy gambling. Especially when the payoff could be a AAA that is all sparkly and shiny...
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummus Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Scratch102 wrote:No no, haven't bought the Summons yet. The more I read about the failure rates people have, the more I lean towards buying 2 skill resets.

I am so tempted to gamble though. I do enjoy gambling. Especially when the payoff could be a AAA that is all sparkly and shiny...

If you want to gamble, I would wait until Ateam does an event that increases the rate to summon AA,AAA like 2x or 4x.

P.S.: a guildie spent 5 11x packs to get a AAA and no luck... not even a AA lol

Hummus

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 am

Hummus wrote:
Scratch102 wrote:No no, haven't bought the Summons yet. The more I read about the failure rates people have, the more I lean towards buying 2 skill resets.

If you want to gamble, I would wait until Ateam does an event that increases the rate to summon AA,AAA like 2x or 4x.

P.S.: a guildie spent 5 11x packs to get a AAA and no luck... not even a AA lol

4 x original chance of summoning an AA or AAA = 4 x 0 = still equals .... 0.
lol

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinite Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:44 pm

I'll tell you honestly that I've done over 200 dark summons in the past month and I've got 1 AAA, 1 35 BP AA and a few 30BP AA's. The crap rate on dark summons is incredibly high.

I've convinced myself not to gamble anymore. Best to get something more solid (like skill books) and sell those.
Infinite
Infinite

Back to top Go down

Post by yinston Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 pm

From my exp dark summons are a money sink. Skill resets are the way to go. ...but then theres that gambling temptation to deal with...

yinston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down