Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22)

+8
Mojo611
Scratch102
Bestron2
Stormbringer65
xzjn9p
JessicaMD
verbalkintify
larry378
12 posters

Go down

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Empty Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22)

Post by larry378 Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Untitl10

as announced in clan chat a few days ago, the thread is officially live.
Welcome to the first annual Monster Corp. Secret Santa Gift Swap Program!

Participation is strictly optional.
Post in this thread to if you would like to participate. [I understand that several interested parties have already stated their interest in-game, but please post here for the sake of my convenience so I can easily make a list and pm all of you with this thread as a reference; when this was announced in-game, I was at the mall, so I didn't really have a chance to write down who said they wanted IN etc...]

Enrollment closes on 12/22 at which point all participants will be informed of their assigned giftee.
Gifts are to be well... gifted on 12/25

Rules and Regulations:
1. please try keep gifts under 10ep in value (This will not really be 'enforced', if you feel inclined to gift someone a banished+m(20) for some reason, you're not going to be reprimanded or anything lol, but the general idea is thoughtful or funny gifts)

2. please do not contact your giftee and explicitly ask them what they want... as with rule 1, this will not really be 'enforced', but it's more fun to try covertly figure out what would be nice for them and let it be a surprise

3. Have Fun! (this is the only zero tolerance regulation, if you do not have fun, you will be subject to harsh punitive measures Razz )

Gift Ideas and Suggestions.

If your giftee has a posting on their profile that they are say... "buying Agi Stacks", you could gift them a few agi stacks

If your giftee is working on a new formation, and they need an asura to evolve theirs, you could gift them an asura reg.

If your giftee is trying to climb the rankings, battle point potions would be a thoughtful present

If your giftee is working on an 80bp AA form, a lv1 cast+ that they do not have would be a thoughtful present

Pure EP is always fine, but it is always preferable to gift something specific that would be unique to your giftee's wants

If you really can't think of anything to get your giftee without explicitly asking them, take a look at their formation and get them some skill stacks

e.g. if you were supposed to be gifting ME something, you could take a look at my formation and see that a Mesh Dragon would be a good replacement for my Ring Dragon as it would confer my formation with a winged bonus without any change in the skill layout. A Mesh Dragon reg is worth approximately 8, and that would be a thoughtful gift.

NOTE: as I am compiling the listing, I will not be participating (i.e. gifting or receiving anything)

larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Empty Re: Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22)

Post by verbalkintify Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:07 pm

I am in.

verbalkintify

Back to top Go down

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Empty Re: Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22)

Post by JessicaMD Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm

meeeeee too!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by xzjn9p Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll participate

-Xryn

xzjn9p

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Hehe phylorak, ya know death dancer is a HE right?
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormbringer65 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm

sure I'm in
Stormbringer65
Stormbringer65

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:27 pm

phylorak wrote:ill participate but only if i can have sex with jessi's fomation. all of them at once or in turns is fine Very Happy

lol, am I supposed to be the D.C.(S) madame or something now?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by verbalkintify Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Stormbringer65 wrote:sure I'm in

Trying to figure out if this is in response to the secret Santa or phylorak. Maybe both.

verbalkintify

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Well, I guess I'm in, courtesy of Phylorak, who evidently has enough EP to throw around Shocked He gifted me 10 EP to use for this Secret Santa.

TYVM, Phylorak!
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm in for whatever...but i'm totally not having fun. None at all.

*OWWW* teehee
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojo611 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 am

I love it.. Im in. Going to tell my clan santa Love to help !
Mojo611
Mojo611

Back to top Go down

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Empty Yay

Post by Ashroot Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am

I am so in and btw FOTS=Fate of the summoner for the win whoooo

Also how did you guys make the cool banners with your form in them and all that

Ashroot

Back to top Go down

Post by keyser sose Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 am

oh heck, why not. I'm poor, but I'll try. who knows what I might be able to find a REAL bargain on. (or already have..... the HORROR!)

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by keyser sose Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 am

Ashroot wrote:

*****EDIT******
just post here:
Sig generation post

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 am

Mojo611 wrote:I love it.. Im in. Going to tell my clan santa Love to help !

Ashroot wrote:I am so in and btw FOTS=Fate of the summoner for the win whoooo

ooh... this is awkward...

I was mainly planning on running this as a clan internal thing...

Perhaps a seperate inter-clan one could be nice. But the whole point was kinda "knowing" the people you were gifting and choosing presents accordingly; and most of our forum folks are very active and interactive in-game chat wise... It might be trickier to try covertly figuring out what players you don't interact with on a regular basis want and need inconspicuously...

You guys should totally do one in your clan though Smile
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by iGoD Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 am

i'm in. Also i'll send u a pm later Larry.

iGoD

Back to top Go down

Post by flipnotik Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:34 am

Count me in as well all!
flipnotik
flipnotik

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am

10 entries so far

Verbal
Jessie
Xryn
Phylorak
Stormbringer
Bestron
Scratch
Bobby
iGod
Flipnotik

keep em coming, the more the merrier Razz
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:17 am

Ok no...i want out...after seeing that new sig of Larry's....NOPENOPENOPE

Wink

ps can we bribe you with cookies to get a preferred gifterperson?
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:58 am

Scratch102 wrote:Ok no...i want out...after seeing that new sig of Larry's....NOPENOPENOPE

Wink

ps can we bribe you with cookies to get a preferred gifterperson?

while bribes are always welcome and in-fact encouraged, I cannot guarantee any requests being fulfilled.

since... that would be like corruption and stuff, and that's bad Razz

Participants have been messaged!

Later tonight I will be sending everyone an in-game gift with a message attached as a second confirmation of who your giftee is (primarily a countermeasure for the not altogether unlikely event that something screws up with the pm-system and the message isn't delivered [which many of you may know is not an incredibly rare occurrence])

Here is a picture of the spreadsheet with the assignments, the names are hidden in the tab displayed, upon the conclusion of the event, I will post the "actual" tab with the names; to the right of the table you can see the form I used for all of your PMs.
Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Hidden12

Have fun!

Oh, and here's a new wallpaper for you Scratch Very Happy

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Icc10
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 am

IMPORTANT: secondary gift message has been sent. If you are participating and have NOT received a pm, and have NOT received a gift message. contact me in-game via wall message, gift message, or trade message ASAP so I can rectify this. The PM system is not foolproof, and it is unlikely but not impossible that I might have messed up sending you a gift message

Please deliver gifts between 12/25 and 12/26, and attach a message to the gift so that your recipient knows what it's for and who it's from; a wall post won't hurt either. For all of us with cluttered giftboxes; spotting a bunch of blue text is much easier than going through 10+ pages and looking at the reason received text for every single one lol

oh yeah, and Merry Christmas! santa
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by keyser sose Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Merry Christmas to all. hopefully Santa gave everyone what they wanted/needed!

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Here's the official listing, hope everybody had fun!

Monster Corp. First Annual Secret Santa Gift Swap (Enrollment closes 12/22) Untitl12
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down