Summoning Event

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by ryesteve on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 pm

verbalkintify wrote:Pretty sure the reason they would not want people to use them is to prevent them from automatically having an aa in their form next day
This makes absolutely no sense at all; in order to win, they've already gotten 4 or 5 AAs to use the next day!

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by ryesteve on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Deathwish wrote:ok something very odd is going on yesterday i checked my rank and i was 480 and won a free dark summon and one hour later i was 1100 and got a participation prize energy potion for the same day i changed rank!!
Yeah, I noted something similar above. There was definitely something wrong with the first batch of winners and rankings they posted. I wonder why no announcement and no free gifts, like every other time they screw something up.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by verbalkintify on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm

ryesteve wrote:
verbalkintify wrote:Pretty sure the reason they would not want people to use them is to prevent them from automatically having an aa in their form next day
This makes absolutely no sense at all; in order to win, they've already gotten 4 or 5 AAs to use the next day!

In hindsight it makes no sense because you know the outcome of what it takes to win. Developers are not omniscient or clairvoyant. They logically thought out what people would bit@h about if people could use the aa summons for the event. They did not have the luxury of knowing ihat people would summon whether real or conned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verbalkintify
Player ID: 2543692559



My Store
http://www.ds-forum.com/t8177-verbal-s-vagabonds#46649

Skills Buy List
Agility, IPA, DED 5:2 or (4):2
Impulse, Covert, Psycho, Health 5:3 or (4):3
Demon and Brute 1:1 or (4):4
Mixes ok




verbalkintify

Posts : 133
Join date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by ryesteve on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Yes, I agree that A Team are masters of unintended consequences, but do you REALLY think anyone thought a team of 5 As would win this thing? Maybe two AAs would've been a fair assumption, in which case withholding the award for a week still doesn't seem like much of a competitive disadvantage.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by verbalkintify on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 pm

ryesteve wrote:Yes, I agree that A Team are masters of unintended consequences, but do you REALLY think anyone thought a team of 5 As would win this thing? Maybe two AAs would've been a fair assumption, in which case withholding the award for a week still doesn't seem like much of a competitive disadvantage.

*sigh* I did not say anyone thought 5aa summons would be possible/happen multiple times in a day. I think that is rediculous regardless. If two Aa's were expected single day winners, then given someone an automatic placement with one guaranteed and a 50% shot at getting that second one to be top would be a serious advantage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verbalkintify
Player ID: 2543692559



My Store
http://www.ds-forum.com/t8177-verbal-s-vagabonds#46649

Skills Buy List
Agility, IPA, DED 5:2 or (4):2
Impulse, Covert, Psycho, Health 5:3 or (4):3
Demon and Brute 1:1 or (4):4
Mixes ok




verbalkintify

Posts : 133
Join date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by ryesteve on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

verbalkintify wrote:*sigh* I did not say anyone thought 5aa summons would be possible/happen
You misread what I typed. But never mind, you made your point re: two AAs

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Event Horizon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I noticed the 'ranking screw-up' on the second day too.. when I logged in shortly after 4pm and my team was not even ranked. It was fixed a few hours later. I guess that the G Team screw-ups continue daily now. This may be why they held off on the AA summons? Because they knew that they would mess up rankings and did not want people who shouldn't be getting them to get them. Rofl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join the top clan on the forum? Take a look at us: ADRENALINE RUSH.
Multiple top 500 Event Rankers in the clan.

avatar
Event Horizon

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by verbalkintify on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 pm

ryesteve wrote:
verbalkintify wrote:*sigh* I did not say anyone thought 5aa summons would be possible/happen
You misread what I typed. But never mind, you made your point re: two AAs

Woops my bad on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verbalkintify
Player ID: 2543692559



My Store
http://www.ds-forum.com/t8177-verbal-s-vagabonds#46649

Skills Buy List
Agility, IPA, DED 5:2 or (4):2
Impulse, Covert, Psycho, Health 5:3 or (4):3
Demon and Brute 1:1 or (4):4
Mixes ok




verbalkintify

Posts : 133
Join date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by ryesteve on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Event Horizon wrote:I guess that the G Team screw-ups continue daily now. This may be why they held off on the AA summons? Because they knew that they would mess up rankings and did not want people who shouldn't be getting them to get them. Rofl.
You laugh, but I like that explanation!

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by overseer07 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 pm

I got hosed on day two rewards. I pulled an AA (miraculously!) and ended up with just a participation energy award. Now, it says I should have a dark and an epic dark, but it shows as already claimed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

overseer07

Posts : 119
Join date : 2012-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Jewelguy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 am

Maybe this summon event is a ploy of Ateam to sniff out suspicious accounts. If someone summons four or five AAs in one day, they might investigate to see if the AAs were obtained through hacking or what not. It could be getting to be "Banhammer time!" again soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Ologolos on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am

I'm a little miffed about "day 8"... Maybe I'm misunderstanding the event (I couldn't find a published time on when it was supposed to end) but are you (A-Team) telling me I had to log on between midnight and 1am to do a summon to be applicable for day 8?? (I'm a US East Coast player). C'mon...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
Ologolos

Posts : 565
Join date : 2012-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Armitaage on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:54 am

Ologolos wrote:I'm a little miffed about "day 8"... Maybe I'm misunderstanding the event (I couldn't find a published time on when it was supposed to end) but are you (A-Team) telling me I had to log on between midnight and 1am to do a summon to be applicable for day 8?? (I'm a US East Coast player). C'mon...


i already sent them an email with a screenshot telling them "what the fk?" about it, still no response on that. help me get some real response from them and let's all spam their inbox with complaints about it so that they'll re-open day 8 or give us all a rank AA summon for the inconvenience it's caused us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly


*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
avatar
Armitaage

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Ologolos on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:56 am

YESSSS! I'm going to send an email right now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
Ologolos

Posts : 565
Join date : 2012-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Ologolos on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Did it... told them i was highly dissatisfied because I was planning on using my soul points for summons on day 8, as a tactic. I'll post if I hear anything back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
Ologolos

Posts : 565
Join date : 2012-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Bender214 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Nice, another 5 "my 100 eps" ftw?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Ologolos on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 pm

I'll take 'em!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
Ologolos

Posts : 565
Join date : 2012-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Deathblob on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

I think the window of opportunity was closer to one second, rather than one hour. There are only 2 guys that ranked. I'm pretty sure I summoned something between midnight and 1AM.

How ironic. I hit "Feedback" or the inner "Inquiries and Issues", and it force closes.

I guess I'll send a complaint about day8 to this address: info@a-tm.co.jp

Is there a better one?


Last edited by Deathblob on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


ID: 176 946 3849 Kik: Deathblob <::Sinnerz::}xx{o Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
avatar
Deathblob

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Event Horizon on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Day 8 results for the Grand Prix are available.

Good news is: You only need a SINGLE C to rank.
Bad news is: Only two people ranked.

HAHAHAHA. Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join the top clan on the forum? Take a look at us: ADRENALINE RUSH.
Multiple top 500 Event Rankers in the clan.

avatar
Event Horizon

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Jewelguy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:24 pm

I just emailed them. I know I don't rank but still want my participation reward. I did my daily free summons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Jewelguy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:41 pm

The following is a copy of the email I sent Ateam and the reply I just received. Please excuse the arrow symbols. I copied and pasted from my phone and it deleted the separate lines in-between each paragraph in my original email.


Hello Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. We are currently looking into the measure by identifying the cause from our end. Rest assured that we will update you once the issue is resolved. With this, we are hoping for your kind understanding and would like to ask to please wait for a little more longer.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, Ateam Support >

To whom it may concern, > > I wish to report an error made in the Summon Grand Prix event that just ende > d. I did 5 summons yesterday (the 4 free summons for logging in and for bein > g connected to Facebook and Twitter and 1 free for logging in during one of > the designated daily times). Yet it shows that I didn't participate in Round > 8 (yesterday) and that I don't get a Participation Reward. I know I probabl > y didn't come close to ranking but I still should receive a Participation Re > ward. > There must be an error because only two players ranked in Round 8 and they o > nly had one C+ in their summons according to the top 3 notification on the R > ankings page. I believe that there are many more players who didn't receive > a Participation Reward who did perform summons yesterday. > I would appreciate if you would award me a Participation Reward since I perf > ormed summons and help other get their proper awards. > Thank you very much in advance! I greatly appreciate it! > > Steven M. Johnson > > Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by JessicaMD on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Jewelguy wrote:

Hello Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. We are currently looking into the measure by identifying the cause from our end. Rest assured that we will update you once the issue is resolved. With this, we are hoping for your kind understanding and would like to ask to please wait for a little more longer.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, Ateam Support


lol this looks like an auto-generated response form if I've ever seen one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
Lieutenant ❚❚
cat Visit The DS-Forum Official Funny Cat Picture Thread! cat
http://www.ds-forum.com/t11084-funny-cat-picture-thread
avatar
JessicaMD

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Bobertson on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Jewelguy wrote:Maybe this summon event is a ploy of Ateam to sniff out suspicious accounts. If someone summons four or five AAs in one day, they might investigate to see if the AAs were obtained through hacking or what not. It could be getting to be "Banhammer time!" again soon.



I believe this to be true and I hope it is.

Maybe it was posted somewhere else and I missed it but I swore they extended the snake medal event until Wednesday 1am and it ended on Tuesday 1am.

I noticed the day 8 BS as well but passed it off as another ATeam screw up.

Bobertson

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Jewelguy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Bobertson wrote:
Maybe it was posted somewhere else and I missed it but I swore they extended the snake medal event until Wednesday 1am and it ended on Tuesday 1am.

I noticed the day 8 BS as well but passed it off as another ATeam screw up.


Actually, that was just a typo. The announcement that stated Wednesday actually stated Wednesday the 18th. The thing is the 18th was Tuesday. Wednesday was the 19th. Therefore it was a typo. It was to have said Tuesday the 18th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Bobertson on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm

That typo cost me and at least one other person our dark summon.

Oh well. Thanks for pointing that out! At least I'm not taking crazy pills, after all.

Bobertson

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning Event

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum