WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by robinsonsteve62 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:10 am

I finish maxing my 5+ profs for vagrant lands....I just spent 50ep...(no where as much as some)....but I was preparing for vragrant lands not another freaking den of woes.....WTF I JUST FOR ME WHAT IS A TON OF EPS....and you know the profs will still work bite it will be like normal progs...set one as your leader and get a X bonus ...but it will only be one so all the others everyone has are now useless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

robinsonsteve62

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by bacsiha on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:04 am

We still can play vagrand land in the ...unknow future

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bacsiha's store : http://www.ds-forum.com/t10267-aa-monster-for-sale

bacsiha

Posts : 552
Join date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Terecon on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:12 am

Has anyone seen a link about the rumor of ATeam being sued and fined 5k by the IGA because of all the complaints about Vagrant Lands? I can't find one. I'd really like to read up on that.
avatar
Terecon

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by yinston on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am

Id love to see the link too. 5k is squat for what they pull up in for dark summons.

yinston

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by ryesteve on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 am

What made you think they fixed the Vagrant Lands problem? And what made you think these proggies will work for the event beginning on thursday? You're full of misconceptions...

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Armitaage on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:58 am

even if they don't work as proggies, i still want a sin+m(20), lol, looks like finally a replacement for asura, the weakest link in my team after pit. it's sad, they no longer make progs like they used to back in the days before i joined(speaking of balrog and asura, talk about useful progs).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly


*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
avatar
Armitaage

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Horg on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am

It has been explicitly stated by A-Team that the progs we used for Stalactite Event WILL BE USED IN VAGRANT...at least a dozen times now via messages. This next event is looking like it will be a new set of progression monsters from dark summons and the Aya/Ogame/whatever psycho was will not work, so save them when Vagrant comes out sometime 2014.

lol fined $5000 for a delay of an event on a phone based video game? Sure...
avatar
Horg

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-09-14
Age : 30
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by JessicaMD on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:27 am

Horg wrote:when Vagrant comes out sometime 2014.
Sad



these den of woe events are so boring... why can't they do something fun like dragon wall or the bell collection, or a battle tournament, even another clan collection like we just had... these collect 6x of some stupid crap to get some more stupid crap that nobody even wants (since everybody HAS), oh and maybe an incredible 1000 gold for beating a boss.

I'll bet the second half of progs are for mcfly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
Lieutenant ❚❚
cat Visit The DS-Forum Official Funny Cat Picture Thread! cat
http://www.ds-forum.com/t11084-funny-cat-picture-thread
avatar
JessicaMD

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by yinston on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 am

Horg wrote:

lol fined $5000 for a delay of an event on a phone based video game? Sure...

Its not about the delays. People pay $$$ for a chance at cards that will directly enhance their game play. Platform and media dont matter. What Ateam did was offer something, collect $$$, then give something else. Accident or not, they need take responsibility for it. You may not have spent $$$ on this game, but those who do allow everyone to play. No $$$, no game.

yinston

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Horg on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 pm

yinston wrote:
Horg wrote:

lol fined $5000 for a delay of an event on a phone based video game? Sure...

Its not about the delays. People pay $$$ for a chance at cards that will directly enhance their game play. Platform and media dont matter. What Ateam did was offer something, collect $$$, then give something else. Accident or not, they need take responsibility for it. You may not have spent $$$ on this game, but those who do allow everyone to play. No $$$, no game.

They could shut down the entire game tomorrow and not see any legal recourse or fines; they can do whatever they want with their product, regardless on if you think it's "fair". That said, I do agree it's a slap in the face to people who pay $$$ and A-Team really screwed it all up for a lot of people by releasing 2 EP events in a row after people have stocked up for a BP Event / Skill reset to BP. I personally put a lot of my assets into BP and am now stuck sitting on a large pile of it until Vagrant/Dragonwall Clone comes out. I know quite a few quit playing after this fiasco but all we can do is wait or quit so...make your choice.
avatar
Horg

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-09-14
Age : 30
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Jewelguy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:48 pm

No offense intended (so plz forgive me) but I believe a lot of players are makng this into more than it should be. Yes, some players spent real $$$ for the intention of preparing for an event that got severely delayed. Well, guess what? Some of us can't even afford to spend as much on this game. I spend $22.00 a month on soul points while some spend 100s of dollars and others spend zero dollars a month. Those who can spend 100s of dollars should consider themselves very lucky that they can whether or not they "got" everything they paid for. Everybody on this earth is human (not counting animals, fish, etc.), including the devs. Nobody is "perfect". Mistakes will be made by everybody. We, as a human race, must learn to deal with mistakes, our own AND others. That's a part of life. Sh*t happens, deal with it.

In conclusion, give Ateam a freakin' break!


Thank you for listening to my two cents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by General Osf on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:01 pm

No wonder the event is called Vagrant lands... Some shady business going on there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud member of "CHAOS THEORY" Thanks to my great allies: Savilla, Angelina, Last King, GS693, Mojo611 and Okami.

http://www.ds-forum.com/t2535-general-osf-s-goodies-store-ep-prices#17802
avatar
General Osf

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-07-14
Location : CA, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Fenix00 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm


LOL @ Jewelguy and his everybody love everybody speech.

Yes, people make mistakes. ATeam is a company and they're open to criticism if they don't offer a good product and their product lately has not been very good so hence all the criticism recently.

Sorry you can only afford to spend $22/month. I haven't spent that much either but if a company advertises a prog at x4 and then releases a x6 a week later that's pretty shi.tty

You can't deny that moves like that is pure greed as well all their events where the only way you'll ever get an AA card is to spend 400 ep. I understand they need to make money but i get to have my .02 as well since some of that money comes from me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* My first +M(20) form back when Victoria was actually rare, the good old days.*

Fenix00

Posts : 134
Join date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Jewelguy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Fenix00 wrote:
LOL @ Jewelguy and his everybody love everybody speech.

Yes, people make mistakes. ATeam is a company and they're open to criticism if they don't offer a good product and their product lately has not been very good so hence all the criticism recently.

Sorry you can only afford to spend $22/month. I haven't spent that much either but if a company advertises a prog at x4 and then releases a x6 a week later that's pretty shi.tty

You can't deny that moves like that is pure greed as well all their events where the only way you'll ever get an AA card is to spend 400 ep. I understand they need to make money but i get to have my .02 as well since some of that money comes from me

I have gotten a few AAs and an AA+ recently but have gotten them all through trading and auctions and not through summons. Trading monsters and a total of 3 EP. Mind you they were all casts which are from my understanding low-end AAs but still good monsters none the less. Now I will attempt to trade some of them if not all for an AA with skill. Ingenuity and consistent perseverance are all that is needed to get AAs plus lots of patience.

Regardless, I understand fully that everyone is entitled to their own "2 cents". That is what maked this forum so great- everyone stating their unique views and opinions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by JaredAvery1 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Jewelguy wrote:No offense intended (so plz forgive me) but I believe a lot of players are makng this into more than it should be. Yes, some players spent real $$$ for the intention of preparing for an event that got severely delayed. Well, guess what? Some of us can't even afford to spend as much on this game. I spend $22.00 a month on soul points while some spend 100s of dollars and others spend zero dollars a month. Those who can spend 100s of dollars should consider themselves very lucky that they can whether or not they "got" everything they paid for. Everybody on this earth is human (not counting animals, fish, etc.), including the devs. Nobody is "perfect". Mistakes will be made by everybody. We, as a human race, must learn to deal with mistakes, our own AND others. That's a part of life. Sh*t happens, deal with it.

In conclusion, give Ateam a freakin' break!


Thank you for listening to my two cents.

Yeah you're right that Nobody is perfect and mistakes do happened to everyone, but the thing is, when you know you commit a mistake, what will you do? correct it aight? and this A-TEAM needs to be corrected. Yes, they created a temporary crap event to give them time to fix the vagrant lands (which is forgivable) and also give people time to prepare for the vagrant event which is a "BP event". what will they do for those who traded their EP's to BP's and use skill reset to put all points in BP? obviously most of those person can't participate for the next substitute event due to all of their points we're put on BP.

and we are not sure when Vagrant lands will be finished. maybe around 2014? 2015? or for the next 10 years?

Ohh take note, I never spend a single penny on this game. but still in my point of view. A-team's decision to fix the issue is really awful.

JaredAvery1

Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by ryesteve on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

JaredAvery1 wrote:I never spend a single penny on this game. but still in my point of view. A-team's decision to fix the issue is really awful.
If you never spent a single penny on the game, A Team has no reason to care what your point of view is.

But tell us what you would have done differently. If the servers couldn't handle that event, what were their options?

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by francofong667 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 am

you can use 6x dmg prog during vagrant lands release again .... they are just also release a 12x dmg prog in that period ... Razz

francofong667

Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by kyan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm

ryesteve wrote:
JaredAvery1 wrote:I never spend a single penny on this game. but still in my point of view. A-team's decision to fix the issue is really awful.
If you never spent a single penny on the game, A Team has no reason to care what your point of view is.

But tell us what you would have done differently. If the servers couldn't handle that event, what were their options?

That's not a fair attitude. Just because they don't get money from players who don't buy soul points doesn't mean their issues and concerns are invalid. They made up the community and without that DS will tank. I have never spend any money on DS. I haven't had to but I do spend hours on this game and that counts for something.

As for doing something differently. They say its a server issue but from the brief 15 minutes the event is up, its just pure and simple buggy code. People were getting 2 summons instead of the 3 they should have. Having a clan help you beat boss really screw up how the summons were handed out and it gets confuse as to whether you have summons left and don't let you encounter new bosses. In essence it was poorly tested or in all probability not tested at all. It takes all of 2 minutes to see that it wasn't functioning correctly.

I was one of those that switch over to bp for the vagrant event. I did it on the cheap with an ally dump as you also need some ep for that type of event but is now stuck with a relatively high bp for stalactite and now catacombs. Who knows if and when vagrants will come back. They refunded those who use a skill reset but should have just given a free reset for everyone who has switch points in anticipation of this event that broke. I think Ateam could have handled it better. For god sake, its a near clone of moebius what's taking them so long to "fix" it.

As for greed. The route Ateam has taken recently doesn't impress me. Their player base will dwindle if they keep this up. The trap only prog than a better prog in later half of event. The overly powerful AA from dark summons but comparatively shitty ones from events. Many in my clans are discussing abandoning events all together as it is no longer profitable and you can't sell those ranking AA that is suppose to be the reward for hard work and lots of ep spending when you can get better ones from dark summons. Just wait for the summonable ones to be common and get it for cheap instead of spending that much or more for reward AA that you'll never use.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by ryesteve on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 pm

1) I'm not arguing that it's a fair attitude; but it's reality. Since there are no in-game ads, the only way A Team makes money is through soul point purchases. No business concerns themselves with non-customers.

2) It's NOT just "buggy code". The problem was lag and/or dropped data over the network. The reason you were getting 10 summons instead of 3 wasn't because the code didn't know how to count to 3, it was because your act of executing the summons wasn't being properly communicated back to the server. The reason these problems weren't seen in their initial testing was that you're only going to see these problems under the stress of tens of thousands of people playing the event at the same time.

3) I agree, A Team is trying to suck us dry, and I'm not at all happy about it. Having double/triple progs in events is a transparent money grab. I also agree that it sucks that the better AAs are in the summons, but I'm not convinced that it's going to kill the value of the event rewards. I would hope that rarity is still valued... I mean, people will still pay over a 1000 for a Fate+, and it's not because the stats are so great.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by kyan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:58 pm

ryesteve wrote:1) I'm not arguing that it's a fair attitude; but it's reality. Since there are no in-game ads, the only way A Team makes money is through soul point purchases. No business concerns themselves with non-customers.

They release the game as free with in game purchases like many games are doing these days so anyone who plays it is a consumer regardless of whether to go on to do in game purchases. It's poor business practice to ignore their concerns as they are potential customers you're alienating. Its not any different than giving away free samples to get people to buy things. If they say there is a problem with the sample you'll do well as a business to pay attention as they'll likely echo the concern of paying customers as well. Feedback is valuable to any company. Its better to prevent a problem before people walk away with their cash.

ryesteve wrote:
2) It's NOT just "buggy code". The problem was lag and/or dropped data over the network. The reason you were getting 10 summons instead of 3 wasn't because the code didn't know how to count to 3, it was because your act of executing the summons wasn't being properly communicated back to the server. The reason these problems weren't seen in their initial testing was that you're only going to see these problems under the stress of tens of thousands of people playing the event at the same time.

That's probably true but I'll content that the codes was buggy. Literally within the first few minute it was doing things incorrectly. I can't imagine that that many players were on at that time to completely over load the servers. Its middle of the night in north america which is probably a significant chunk of DS player base. Maybe I'm underestimating how many people were doing this event. I didn't notice any lag in the summons or with the event in the few minutes it was up, it was just executing incorrectly. I have experience server lag in other games before and this didn't feel like it but I have no hard data to go with my opinion. I'm sure the server had an impact but I really thing there were bugs in their codes as well.

ryesteve wrote:
3) I agree, A Team is trying to suck us dry, and I'm not at all happy about it. Having double/triple progs in events is a transparent money grab. I also agree that it sucks that the better AAs are in the summons, but I'm not convinced that it's going to kill the value of the event rewards. I would hope that rarity is still valued... I mean, people will still pay over a 1000 for a Fate+, and it's not because the stats are so great.

Possibly but all these things are falling in value very very rapidly. Rarity were only value as long as it comes with usefulness. By itself it will only appeal to collectors and those are few. I have seen Anna+ goes for 800 with Bide Randia having better stat and the same skill. Even the mighty beast king has fallen with the rise of the herder. Its really hard to find buyers for these super rare AA now.

Kyan

kyan

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by ryesteve on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:05 pm

kyan wrote:Its not any different than giving away free samples to get people to buy things.
Yes, but just to clarify, I'm talking about the guy who shows up at the food court every afternoon and has his lunch off the free samples trays. After 3 months of this, if one day he complains that the samples should stay out longer because he's still hungry, I don't think he'll get a receptive reaction.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by kyan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:41 pm

ryesteve wrote:
kyan wrote:Its not any different than giving away free samples to get people to buy things.
Yes, but just to clarify, I'm talking about the guy who shows up at the food court every afternoon and has his lunch off the free samples trays. After 3 months of this, if one day he complains that the samples should stay out longer because he's still hungry, I don't think he'll get a receptive reaction.

Its an inept analogy. Its a different business model. Its a free to play game so another who play is a customer. its only true if the food court gives away lunch everyday but you'll have to pay for dessert. In which case, a complaint on the lunch even if its free is completely valid.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by ryesteve on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm

You brought up the free samples, so if the analogy is "inept", that's on you. I don't like where this is going, so i'm out. Enjoy.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Xoct on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Armitaage wrote:even if they don't work as proggies, i still want a sin+m(20), lol, looks like finally a replacement for asura, the weakest link in my team after pit. it's sad, they no longer make progs like they used to back in the days before i joined(speaking of balrog and asura, talk about useful progs).

Hold up, who exactly is the potential replacement for Asura?

If it's Haddu, he's definitely got a large amount of Hp at 7.8k compared to Asura's 4.7k. I would have thought that since Asura has the highest attack between the two, Haddu would not out do him. But thinking about that Hp Haddu's got. Is he a potential replacement based on the idea that Due to Haddu having more Hp he will be able to survive longer, if he's able to survive longer his damage output would be greater than Asura despite that 1k Atk difference?

Bestiary:

Asura+ Max: 7128 Atk, 6534 Def, 4752 Hp
Haddu+ Max: 6051 Atk, 5850 Def, 7800 Hp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Shop
avatar
Xoct

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Armitaage on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Lol, I posted that before the max stats were out. I was hoping for more atk out of haddu, and must say I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not really looking forward to using haddu in place of asura anymore :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly


*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
avatar
Armitaage

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum