Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for new game mechanic

+3
Sionzris
kheimon
JessicaMD
7 posters

Go down

Suggestion for new game mechanic Empty Suggestion for new game mechanic

Post by JessicaMD Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey everybody, I was thinking about something I think A-Team could add to the game to make it more fun, and here it is!

Monster Happiness Level.

The idea is that all monsters would have another value associated with them called Happiness. This would just be another thing like Skill, and could probably go right underneath Skill since there's space there

for example

Crystal Dragon
------------------------
Suggestion for new game mechanic 56033_big
Exp ======================== Lv 1
ATK #### DEF ####
HP #### BP##
SKILL Critical Rate Up (1)
Increases Monster's Critical Hit Rate
HAPPINESS (0/0)

And the happiness level can go from 0 to 100.

Based on how high the happiness level is, the monster becomes stronger in battles, the skill is amplified, and costs less to sacrifice too!

For example, for every 10 Happiness Levels, all of the monster's stats get a 1% boost up to 10%.

And for every 33 happiness levels, the monster gets 1 more agility; up to 3, which is not the same as Agility (3) skill, but rather the same as the agility added by the skill. Like if a 33happiness monster is in a team with an Agi(10), all monsters in formation gain 14 agility from the skill, but the happy one will gain 14 agility from the skill +1 from happiness for a total of 15.

For sacrificing, every 25 happiness levels will decrease sacrifice cost by 5%, up to a total of 20% less gold spent at maximum happiness *

*(I think this would encourage people to use their non-maxed monsters every now and then rather than letting them collect dust on the bench, and I think that amount of gold discount would be REALLY useful for AA/+ monsters, and would make the game more fun since we would have to vary our formations every now and then, and use those teams we are working on, rather than just statically leveling them up every now and then.)

Happiness Levels are gained from winning battles you start, where every monster in the formation when you win gains some happiness 'xp' which will be different for different rarities of monster (it will be easy to max a C monster's happiness, it will take time to max a AA+). I think it could go based on monster max level *100. So a Rank C monster would need 2000 hxp (happiness xp) to get 100, while an A+ would need 7000, and an AA+ would need 15000.
The happiness gain from winning a battle could be based on honor points won, say honor points directly, so winning a 25 honor point battle is 25 hxp, winning a 10 is 10 hxp for all in formation.

Happiness Levels can also be lost by losing battles you start, where every monster loses 1 happiness level (not xp! a whole level)

However, so something like that doesn't spiral out of control and make your formation depressed No Your monster's minimum loss of level is just 5 less than the highest happiness level it ever had! this would display as Happiness (95/100) or (47/51) but something like (20/30) cannot happen.

Trading a monster also resets the happiness level to 0, and so does evolving it.

Now, aside from getting happiness levels from battling, I thought of some "activities" which could be added as missions (much like event missions, and regular missions, where you spend energy, and get some gold and xp and some % to completion). Which can also be used to raise monster happiness levels if you're bored with the regular missions, and just lost a bunch of battles and need to recoup... OR you're trying to cheer up your new formation or AAs so it'll be cheaper to level them up! I think this would be good for non-maxed monsters and leveling up AAs to evolve them, because you might not really want to use them in actual battles.

Just like the regular missions have an overall area name, and 5 zones, there will be 8 different recreational areas with 3 different activities (missions) each for gaining happiness xp.

The three different activities will be staggered like standard missions, which cost energy,
Activity 1: "Frolic" - costs 5 energy, 0 gold gain, 4(summoner)exp gain, gives monsters in formation 10 happiness xp (up to happiness level 33).
Activity 2: Name Differs from area to area - costs 10 energy, 1000 gold gain OR loss OR no effect on gold (more on this later)$, 7exp, gives monsters in formation 15 happiness xp (up to level 66)
Activity 3: Name Differs from area to area - costs 15 energy, 1500 gold gain OR loss OR no effect on gold (more on this later)$, 10exp, gives monsters in formation 20 happiness xp (up to max)

Now the problem with this is that obviously Activity 1 has the best energy/xp return. So people don't just farm that non-stop; there will be heavily diminishing returns if you use a low level activity for a high happiness monster. Let's call it 3 categories of happiness levels A:0-33 B: 34-66 C: 67-100

A doing mission 1 gets 10 hxp
A doing mission 2/3 (strictly by virtue of being in the formation) gets 0 hxp because of level requirement

B doing mission 2 gets 15 hxp
B doing mission 1 gets 10/3 rounded down 3 hxp

C doing mission 3 gets 20 hxp
C doing mission 2 gets 15/3 round down 5 hxp
C doing mission 1 gets 10/3/3 round down 1 hxp

I came up with some names and areas that I think would fit the monster types
The idea is that using the correct type of monster species in the area gives you some bonus hxp (+1 for mission 1, +2 for mission 2, +3 for 3) kind of like progs or the dragon wall.

Serene Park (Beasts) (Just thought of beasts as dogs, and what you would do with pets in general)
1. Frolic
2. Play Fetch $ no gold change
3. Cuddle/Pet $ no gold change

Busy City (Brutes) (Since brutes are kinda like people)
1. Frolic
2. Go Shopping $ gold spent on mission
3. Visit Tavern $ gold spent on mission

Lush Swamp (Crawlers)
1. Frolic
2. Build Nest $ no gold change
3. Feed sugar cubes $ gold spent on mission

Sparkling Mine (Creation) (Creation types might like precious stones and geological stuff)
1. Frolic
2. Search for Gems $ gold earned on mission
3. Make pottery $ no gold change

???? (Demons) (I'm not really sure what demons do for fun or where they like to go lol)
1. Frolic
2. ???? $ would depend on what the activities are called
3. ???? $ would depend on what the activities are called

Idyllic Forest (Mystics) (I guess these might not work for the non-plant mystics, but I don't think anyone really uses or cares about non-plant mystics)
1. Frolic
2. Water (as in watering your monsters) $ no gold change
3. Gardening $ no gold change

Peaceful Cemetery (Undead)
1. Frolic
2. spook passerbys $ gold earned on mission (people dropping their wallets when they run away lol)
3. place flowers on graves $ no gold change

Towering Mountains (Wyrms) (Dragons like treasure and caves)
1. Frolic
2. Explore Cave System $ no gold change
3. Search for treasure $ gold earned on mission

Also, each area will have drops similar to the collectibles which come at some random intervals, and once you have a set of them you can exchange them for some happiness related items. how this would work is having 4 collectibles from 4 different areas' Activity 1 (doesn't matter which 4, just 4 out of 8 distinct collectibles) lets your monsters recover up happiness levels at 1 every 8 hours. The second item would need 5 different collectibles form Activity 2, and regenerate happiness levels at 1 every 5 hours. The final item would need 6 different Activity 3 collectibles and regenerate at 1 every 2 hours. Also these items should be tradeable.

I'm not sure about what to call the items specifically (because they would vary from monster to monster in terms of making sense, like you could get your child of pit or Balrog a cute little top-hat (and a little cane for each of pit's little arms Razz), but that wouldn't really work for say WWSP since she's already wearing a hat, it gets even more confusing when you get to monsters like the crawlers and some of the more abstract creation types). I guess maybe something like scarves or ribbons might be universal enough.

Also similar to the destiny bell event, you can get a 'token' randomly, and swap 10 tokens for an untradable 'bag of monster treats' which recovers the happiness level of all monsters in formation by 2 (regardless of rarity! so using this on a C form would be a total waste, but using this on an AA form would saving hundreds of energy of doing activities)

So would anybody be interested in seeing something like this in-game? Or does anybody know any good names for the demons area/activities?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for new game mechanic Empty Re: Suggestion for new game mechanic

Post by kheimon Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I would add an explicit speed stat for every monster.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sionzris Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

tl:dr

Like the Speed stat idea.
Happiness way to complicated to explain to new users. So it wont happen^^
Sionzris
Sionzris

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Im pretty sure there IS a speed stat, but it's just hidden.

So did anybody actually read the suggestion? or is this now the speed stat thread lol
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 pm

JessicaMD wrote:Im pretty sure there IS a speed stat, but it's just hidden.

So did anybody actually read the suggestion? or is this now the speed stat thread lol
- that's why they said "Explicit speed stat", as in make it an obvious stat that can be seen by players, like the monsters ATK/DEF/HP.

I read until three lines after dragon stats. It seemed like a good idea, but way too intricate for some of the players. tongue
I've seen players in the mid 60's that ask me what EP is... scratch
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Sad I just thought this up yesterday while Christmas shopping... thought it would be nice if they added some 'cute' content... sorry if its too complicated. I was just thinking about some cute little ribbons and hats with minor stat benefits for monsters.... i thought homogenizing the items would make the whole thing simpler...
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by verbalkintify Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 pm

I think the idea would add a cool depth but then again I read through attack scenarios and built 30 different Stratego starting formations after the first time I played. The only thing I would suggest is not calling it happiness (maybe moral or rage?) Because it reminds me of those little tamogotche things my sister had that I just stopped feeding.

verbalkintify

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Isn't there a happiness thing with Pokemon? Its too complicated and too cutesy for most ppl I suspect but the game does need new mechanics or just fix the freaking battle ranking and reward for starter.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:21 pm

This is too complicated for G Team. lol
And their idea of fixing the battle rankings and rewards is giving FIVE epic Dark Summons for their 'Celebration.' YAY! Now I really want to get to number 1 to summon yet another FIVE EPIC BLOOD BLOBS! (Imagines the Unreal Tournament commentator saying.. "BLOOD BLOB!".. after every summon)
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Event Horizon wrote:This is too complicated for G Team. lol
And their idea of fixing the battle rankings and rewards is giving FIVE epic Dark Summons for their 'Celebration.' YAY! Now I really want to get to number 1 to summon yet another FIVE EPIC BLOOD BLOBS! (Imagines the Unreal Tournament commentator saying.. "BLOOD BLOB!".. after every summon)

The weekly tourney is a joke. Only low rank player ever has a chance to get there because of their stupid system of rewarding battle points.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:43 pm

verbalkintify wrote:I think the idea would add a cool depth but then again I read through attack scenarios and built 30 different Stratego starting formations after the first time I played. The only thing I would suggest is not calling it happiness (maybe moral or rage?) Because it reminds me of those little tamogotche things my sister had that I just stopped feeding.

tamagotchis? and you just stopped feeding them? I though those were only around in the late 90s lol.

Maybe "loyalty"? I think morale could work too, but rage kind of doesn't make sense lol, having fun shouldn't necessarily make your monsters angrier lol.

kyan wrote:Isn't there a happiness thing with Pokemon? Its too
complicated and too cutesy for most ppl I suspect but the game does need
new mechanics or just fix the freaking battle ranking and reward for
starter.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

I didn't know they had that in pokemon, but I think it won't be too complicated when you look at it from a player perspective. I mean all of the other game mechanics are linked to a bunch of numbers and equations, but we don't really see the specifics. Also I thought the whole 'cute' part of this was a major selling point! I actually thought up of this as "something cute they could add to the game" and then tacked on some functionality (stat, sac, agi boosts) as an afterthought.

I though cute was 'in' lol

I guess even if people aren't into the whole adorable part of it, I'm pretty sure people would use it for the benefits to stats, agi, and sacrifice costs.

But yeah, they need to do something with the battle system... fighting people on the random battle screen sucks when you're trying to get honor points, and for some reason there's like an arbitrary "YOU CANNOT ATTACK THIS PERSON" thing on the rankings where the battle button doesn't even appear for some people, even if they're 10-20 levels higher than you, and in the rankings. I mean come on, if you are in the rankings, people should be able to fight you if the whole level limit thing isn't applicable.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Personally I'm not a big fan of "cute" in these kind of games so that would turn me off. There are many other RPG/trading games on android with cute stuff like that, and I'm glad DS is sticking with the more "badass" aproach.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm

I don't really know about any of these 'kinds' of games. I think Dark Summoner is pretty unique as far as cell phone games I've played...

I didn't really think some cute content would be considered distasteful by the fanbase based on the people I've interacted with on the forum here, but I guess I haven't talked to everyone, and for a fact there are many more people in-game who aren't in communication here...

Oh well, it was worth a shot... the responses were pretty uniform which was disappointing (too complex, too cute), but I guess I learned a something.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Instantial cuteness in pics is nice and all but having it explicitly as a mechanism in the game is another thing all together.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:29 pm

A game mechanic I think would be a game changer and all around plus for A-Teams rep would be a "Progression Combo"
Obviously it would be a combo that activates for having a party made up completely of Prog monsters past and present.
It could also give you a 1.5x progression bonus in whatever event is currently going on. and maybe a 2x bonus if the progs are all the same guild.

I think it'd be cool
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 pm

XJF I think that would be great for us, but A-Team would never be ok with that... It would tank the prog market which is probably a huge source of their income since everyone has tons of old progs sitting around.

I mean some people would still be getting dark summons to try get the new progs to try to rank and stuff, but I think tons of people who don't care about ranking and just do events for minor rewards would just totally no longer be involved with the prog market which I think would be bad sales for summons.

also they would probably have to modify the events so that it takes about the same amount of time/energy to get to "floor 100" with a team of old progs as it would with no progs normally, or else everyone would be at floor 1000 by the end of the event with tons of monsters they could have bought via dark summons, and the leaders would have to be at floor 10,000 or something

Although I think if they had some 'universal' progs like for tower style events or for the collect 10 items events that had like a minor boost (maybe -20% rounded up, so 2 energy for 3 cost, or 8 for 10 cost etc... it might help some progs retain their value instead of crashing instantly lol

Like if I use my Astaroth+ on the next dragon wall style event, it'll maybe just take off 1bp cost per swipe, and an astaroth reg would do nothing, while the event progs would have significant impacts
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:57 pm

I know it wouldn't happen but thought the idea itself would be neat.
However, the Prog Combo (for stats like Brute combo, legendary combo...) I really think they should implement. I've recently gotten bored and starting collecting old progs and thought about having a party with them, but unfortunately most of them are painfully weak, with absolutely no practical use outside of their bonus for that one event.
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down