Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formation Guide

+27
Xcalibre
severin
jbbiggdogg
FireThunder
fast3
Kalceus
HelloKitty
Scratch102
Demoni
Bestron2
Xoct
willibond007
Sionzris
FightTheSun
kheimon
Slinger1
General Osf
Maduk
Bigzam
kyan
XJF
TheFury
ryesteve
JessicaMD
Armitaage
31 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Formation Guide - Page 2 Empty Re: Formation Guide

Post by TheFury Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:33 am

kyan wrote:Well, the popular psycho team are demon and winged brute. Psycho creation is also viable but not as powerful. The valuable card in your team is asura+, they rest aren't that expensive but they are maxed level. I would say you could exchange them either for a creation team or a winged brute without valk/wwoh.

Kyan

Psycho creation is stronger than winged brute, in stats and skills.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 am

TheFury wrote:
kyan wrote:Well, the popular psycho team are demon and winged brute. Psycho creation is also viable but not as powerful. The valuable card in your team is asura+, they rest aren't that expensive but they are maxed level. I would say you could exchange them either for a creation team or a winged brute without valk/wwoh.

Kyan

about the same stat. ~48-50k depending on member. Skills is also about the same though creation has ded which is a little better.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 pm

kyan wrote:
TheFury wrote:

Kyan

about the same stat. ~48-50k depending on member. Skills is also about the same though creation has ded which is a little better.

Kyan

My creation team has 51k attack, and yeah, DED too which helps. Winged brutes can get close (it's still lower), but only if they accept some pretty second-rate skills (like crit up and psycho down) - and it's much more expensive to bump winged brutes up to 50k than to just go creation and get above 50k for cheap.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigzam Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions, greatly narrows down my find list.

Thinking of going to A+ creation for now because of the "very cheap" comment, lol. If I can't build it, I should quit Wink

Bigzam

Back to top Go down

Post by Maduk Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 pm

WWSP Why Make this the Leader of a Flying Brute Team - at Max level she has less HP than SGQ and isnt hp the only thing that multiplies or have I got that wrong? (I may well be wrong ;o)

or, without the skill switching;
leader: WWSP
WWOH
Clarissa
SGQ
WWE

cheers
Mad
Maduk
Maduk

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Maduk wrote:WWSP Why Make this the Leader of a Flying Brute Team - at Max level she has less HP than SGQ and isnt hp the only thing that multiplies or have I got that wrong? (I may well be wrong ;o)

or, without the skill switching;
leader: WWSP
WWOH
Clarissa
SGQ
WWE

cheers
Mad

Yes, only bonus to leader is 2x to hp but leader also attack first so most people often put highest attack as leader so he/she can one shot opponents weakest. Putting your highest attacker as leader also protects it and allows it to last until the end so you get to use it more.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Bigzam wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions, greatly narrows down my find list.

Thinking of going to A+ creation for now because of the "very cheap" comment, lol. If I can't build it, I should quit Wink

Creation team are really cheap for its effectiveness. I think a lot of people haven't been clued in to how well it can work. I have several components of it in my store if you're interested.

Thanks,
Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 am

Great post Armitaage, i hadn't seen it until today. You are the Charles Darwin of DS bestiary, always creating good guides.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Maduk Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 am

Great Post Armitage and Thanks Kyan for Clearing that up.

Mad
Maduk
Maduk

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks for the praise guys, btw i've finally had a chance to update at least one of the posts with some information after over a week of no power.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Slinger1 Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm

for psycho demons:
there are 3 psycho demons that enable psycho demon team to fight all 3 different formation guilds more effective with their guild down.

Lust Demon (psycho down)
Typhoon (impulse down)
Arbitration demon (covert down)

---> when arbitration demon+ is maxed

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448821381819757&set=a.412666652101897.83187.338051989563364&type=1&permPage=1

well,of course with the con of more expenses needed to skill lvl these monsters.

Slinger1

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Slinger1 wrote:for psycho demons:
there are 3 psycho demons that enable psycho demon team to fight all 3 different formation guilds more effective with their guild down.

Lust Demon (psycho down)
Typhoon (impulse down)
Arbitration demon (covert down)

---> when arbitration demon+ is maxed

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448821381819757&set=a.412666652101897.83187.338051989563364&type=1&permPage=1

well,of course with the con of more expenses needed to skill lvl these monsters.

I would only use typhoon and arbitration demon of those, if i decide to use any, though i would personally forgo both for a SDD/Lewd and a Blue Steel, those have some impressive atk, especially Blue Steel. And defensively Pre strike is quite useful, more so than any downs, because it allows you to attack before the person attacking you, when agi is the same, making it harder for them to defeat you.

btw, another update has been made to the A+ guides, i have added sin beasts.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:45 am

You should add the new covert event monsters to the beast team guide, especially Scorch Behemoth. Along with Sentinel and BSK, this team has some serious firepower (Less skills, but AGI, IPA and DED are all there).
Also it has BP usage similar to full AA teams.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigzam Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 am

Question: if my 5 monster team, 2 has Pre-Emp, does both activate or only one?

Bigzam

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:53 am

kheimon wrote:You should add the new covert event monsters to the beast team guide, especially Scorch Behemoth. Along with Sentinel and BSK, this team has some serious firepower (Less skills, but AGI, IPA and DED are all there).
Also it has BP usage similar to full AA teams.

good catch there, kheimon, i updated the relevant post. 63k with all the essential skills? yes, please!(pity i'm sin, we're seriously out of favor these days Sad )

Bigzam wrote:Question: if my 5 monster team, 2 has Pre-Emp, does both activate or only one?

yes, both pre-emp will activate. this thread has all the info on all the skills, though it may be a bit outdated. to explain what is meant by skills "stacking", it means that their effects are applied on top of each other. some skills(such as Pre-Emp, crit, and dodge) stack, others(such as IPA, DED, and AGI) don't.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigzam Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 am

Thanks a lot Armitrage, +rep!

Bigzam

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 am

You could also add Dashing mantis to the "ultimate underdog" crawler team. Its skill is useless, but the stats are nice.
Crawler is still the weakest agility team around, but it can do some damage against unprepared teams. I use it on my alt account and get attacked A LOT (lots of wins for me) just because evererybody sees an easy win in a bug team.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 am

I have heard that Dawn Lilin has high innate agility. Can anyone confirm? Because if so, this following team seems incredible:

DDC - Agility Up
Selene - Increase Attack
Dawn Lilin - Decrease Defense
Shadow Domain Demon - Preemptive
Lewd - Preemptive

Sure, you lose some on attack, but unless I'm mistaken high innate agility monsters attack first even in defense (assuming agility up is equal). The team would almost guarantee you get 4 attacks off before the enemy attacks once for practically every standard non-AA team out there. And it has the three key skills for a first strike team, and still has pretty decent attack.

I'm not sure I would choose it over the attack-heavy psycho demon formation, but it's an interesting alternative to consider... if Lilin has improved innate agility.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 am

TheFury wrote:I have heard that Dawn Lilin has high innate agility. Can anyone confirm? Because if so, this following team seems incredible:

DDC - Agility Up
Selene - Increase Attack
Dawn Lilin - Decrease Defense
Shadow Domain Demon - Preemptive
Lewd - Preemptive

Sure, you lose some on attack, but unless I'm mistaken high innate agility monsters attack first even in defense (assuming agility up is equal). The team would almost guarantee you get 4 attacks off before the enemy attacks once for practically every standard non-AA team out there. And it has the three key skills for a first strike team, and still has pretty decent attack.

I'm not sure I would choose it over the attack-heavy psycho demon formation, but it's an interesting alternative to consider... if Lilin has improved innate agility.

Not true. Lilin does not have high innate agility. I have Lilin in my party and she does not attack out of turn. Selene and centaurus are the only 2 A+ that I know of that has high innate agility.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

And added the last team that I had left undescribed here, the impulse wyrms. I tried searching the forum for a current thread outlining the best pure A+ team of impulse wyrms but there seems to be rather a lack of those, so the team I have put there is built from my own understanding of what is important and using the party calculator. As such, I may be wrong about a few points, if anyone spots something not right, just post here and I'll take a look at it. This last goes for pretty much all the A+ teams described herein, so if you see something, just post here.

Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am

Haven't seen many of those around, but I wonder if an unwinged psycho brute formation would be viable. The new event monsters Silver giant (34bp) and Iris (IPA) really make a difference here:

Silver giant (no skill)
Barrier artist, Iris (IPA)
WWE (agi)
Last two spot: Beheaded lunatic (impulse down) / Lunatic Medic (beast down) / Headhunter Exorcist (undead down) / WWSP (IPD)

According to party calculator, 50-53k attack depending on 4th and 5th member. I would probably go with headhunter (highest attack) and beheaded (2nd highest attack, impulse down), but lunatic medic could make an interesting choice for anti-beast form (since covert beasts are getting quite popular). WWSP is always a decent choice too.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Armitaage wrote:And added the last team that I had left undescribed here, the impulse wyrms. I tried searching the forum for a current thread outlining the best pure A+ team of impulse wyrms but there seems to be rather a lack of those, so the team I have put there is built from my own understanding of what is important and using the party calculator. As such, I may be wrong about a few points, if anyone spots something not right, just post here and I'll take a look at it. This last goes for pretty much all the A+ teams described herein, so if you see something, just post here.

The sin wyrm formation as you described it is word-for-word the most popular one among wyrm forms in my clan! The only thing is that sometimes people switch NWD for Magma.

But MLD, Ring, Nidhogg seem to be the must-have defensive foundation of sin wyrms,

while the other two add offensive power to the team allowing for some flexibility; out of the pool of Kanna, Magma, and NWD in some combination.

Although I would think that Kanna has a slightly higher priority because of Demon Down which will get far more mileage than Brute Down, but then again Magma is a BEEFY monster with big stats, which I think leaves NWD as the odd one out, but I think that NWD with high skill is essentially more useful than Magma with low skill, and Brute down is really hard to level up, also NWD has very high attack compared to the other sin wyrms (I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think NWD might be to sin wyrms, what balrog is to sin demons, but how important that is is open to discussion since wyrms are defensive and demons offensive)
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Sin beast team is perfectly viable with crimson lion in place of madflame. With crimson its still 53k attack 50k def(from DSD) if I remember correctly. By taking out madflame you get a good team for cheap.

For sin wyrm, your suggestion is probably the best formation but uranus+ and furnace+ are perfectly viable substitution for kanna+. I personally don't like magma, its expensive and has lower attack and high hp (worse distribution of stats). The sin wyrm team lacks an ipa monster so the better formation is to go for those that has the highest attack follow by high def to take advantage of ipd+20. While it is describe as a "tanking team", you still need monster strong enough to take down opponents. Its also not that cheap to put together. NWD has risen a lot in price and if you opt for magma that'll cost you quite a bit as well.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slinger1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:27 pm

info for updating psycho creation formation:
got myself grand demon warrior+
psycho creation 28 bp from tower of baneful event.
her max status when lvl 70
attk: 7458
def: 8136
HP: 5424
Critical up is her skill.
this creation have her max status close to flame kagustuchi+ max (flame is higher).
and she's great for serious psycho creation formation.

Also off topic: How often can a monster with critical up (20)critical hits ?
in 3 out of 5 battle waves or more/less?

Slinger1

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm

but... isn't grand demon warrior a.... demon?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next