Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed!

+16
robinsonsteve62
Khastarax
ctigers124
General Osf
J-Tin
kyan
Gespens
ILVS2
larry378
Armitaage
Bestron2
.:::Yoshi:::.
Horg
blah
applesauce
JessicaMD
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 Empty Re: Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed!

Post by robinsonsteve62 Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 am

You know I gotta say I like the first few lords...I think the artwork in those pics are pretty cool....especially lord of massacre

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 Empty Re: Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed!

Post by .:::Yoshi:::. Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 pm

So basically the favorites in this game (aesthetically) are dragons and girls? Razz

.:::Yoshi:::.

Back to top Go down

Post by mofoho Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:33 pm

i like the whole picture of vert caquix lol. also like kali of massacre, , harbor eating serpent, lightning grip and corporeal.

mofoho

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel Demonshire Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Selene always reminds me of Dizzy from Guilty Gear.

nail://res.game.darksummoner.com/en/s/cards/56021_big.png" alt="" />

nail://dreamworlds.ru/uploads/posts/2009-06/1243921575_x_7659a832.jpg" alt="" />

Last edited by Jezebel Demonshire on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezebel Demonshire
Jezebel Demonshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I like how we can't post pictures anymore, brought to you by FREE SOUL POINTS GUY!
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Horg wrote:I like how we can't post pictures anymore, brought to you by FREE SOUL POINTS GUY!

Yeah, that sucks big time. This post is more fun when looking at the pics. Thank you "Free Soul Points Guy"(Troll)
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Use the bb code img tag like this:
Code:
 [img]url of pic [/img]
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 pm

No one has mention Fire lord, Suzaku yet. Love his golden armor and giant tail/wing. I might be bias as he is my first AA but his design is awesome.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel Demonshire Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Armitaage wrote:Use the bb code img tag like this:
Code:
 [img]url of pic [/img]

I am using that code but without the use of h.t.t.p then there is little hope for linking images.
Jezebel Demonshire
Jezebel Demonshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Hmm... Will have to see if I can figure out something, lol. I wonder why is that getting filtered now.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 am

i think as for the creepyist pic would be kotone definitely

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I think A-Team could make some sort of beanie-baby style plush toys of some of their more popular 'cute' monsters like Crystal, Snowstorm, Quetz, the new psycho event 'fuzzy bird', tarasques, etc. Maybe they could even do all 3 of the 'childs' pit,purification,uncouth; they're not really good looking monsters, but if they slap on some googly eyes they would be better Smile

I guess A-Team is missing out on the kind of people who might never ever actually buy soul points, but would very possibly buy some merchandise!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Lol. Some might The wheel of fortune for their Child of Pit to be removed though...

It's a nice idea, but what monsters are best for fuzzi-wuzzies? And what monster would you prefer most of all? The AA's are all pretty cool, but they wouldn't be very plushable(plushy Vlad with a plushy ax, etc.). And poor Devoid, what would we do with his giant non-corporeal body? The list goes on, but it's a nice idea. A-team doesn't have any cover monsters(other than girls, I suppose).

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 pm

It would only be a matter of time before the Selene plush toy...

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:20 pm

faithnomorex wrote:It would only be a matter of time before the Selene plush toy...

You mean the Selene lifesize blowup doll :-P
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel Demonshire Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Blood Blob Beanie Hats for the winter.
Jezebel Demonshire
Jezebel Demonshire

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 pm

White wolf child, seta makes a great beanie baby but than I'm partial for wolves.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 am

since A-team is japanese(?) i would expect figurines before stuffed animals.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 pm

applesauce wrote:since A-team is japanese(?) i would expect figurines before stuffed animals.

figurines? I think stuffed animals are so much better than figurines for something like Dark Summoner since most of the monsters aren't really 'super cute' in the way they are accurately depicted, but almost anything made as a stuffed animal gains some cuteness by virtue of the medium and associated materials (plush, soft felt, googly eyes)

kyan wrote:White wolf child, seta makes a great beanie baby but than I'm partial for wolves.
Kyan

That's a good one! He looks really fuzzy Smile They could really do something nice with some of that faux fur stuff! I think the same goes for Huri (aka fuzzy bird)

Jezebel Demonshire wrote:Blood Blob Beanie Hats for the winter.

haha I like that santa

blah wrote:Lol. Some might The wheel of fortune for their Child of Pit to be removed though...

It's
a nice idea, but what monsters are best for fuzzi-wuzzies? And what
monster would you prefer most of all? The AA's are all pretty cool, but
they wouldn't be very plushable(plushy Vlad with a plushy ax, etc.). And
poor Devoid, what would we do with his giant non-corporeal body? The
list goes on, but it's a nice idea. A-team doesn't have any cover
monsters(other than girls, I suppose).

The problem with most AAs is that they have really complex forms that would be difficult to do as stuffed animals (fate colossus with the floating limbs, dru with that whole big 'thing' she's connected to, Sara & Anna since she's human shaped and you don't really know what her lower body looks like, Vlad since he's human shaped too (I guess you could superglue a little battle axe to a robocop action figure and call it vlad if you wanted to Razz), or Moon Sea because of the complicated long horns and that he looks armored.

On the bright side, there are quite a few AAs which I think would look great, and be easy to make as plush toys. We've got; Ice Lord, Wingarm, Dragon of Disaster, Forgotten Holy Soldier, Hellish Hazeling, Continent Devourer, Banished Dragon, Luka, Cthulu, and Gold Gorger would look great with some of that shiny gold fabric stuff.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjohnson58 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:33 pm

A mini-fig series could be amazing could slack on the details and go more cartoony.

Personal favourite is cursed georug, looks awesome in the window, stupidly evolved mine and cried when I saw he changed appearance.

Danjohnson58
Danjohnson58

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:21 pm

I think overall, A-team needs to release more 'strong' cute and good looking monsters... I don't like how most of the serious formations have crucial ugly monsters. I mean look at the demon teams for psycho and sin; the only (readily available, and statistically superior) ipa monster is who? Sekhmet. come on. And Lewd; the whole "evil clown" thing is soooooo overplayed. And for sin, they're stuck with Pit. and flame kag with his ziggy nose. and poor covert; beast teams being stuck with bayard (that weird horse-person guy), on another note, lots of the covert beasts are good looking; Sky Navy Slayer looks like a big flying pillow Razz. Centaurus is a nice concept since you normally have a knight in armor riding a horse, but he's a centaur dressed like a knight, I also like the minotaur, seta and BSK

also what's up with progs? I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the progs are like predominately UGLY monsters... I mean I understand that they're just something that people are supposed to be using for the events, and not changing the metagame of formation of building too much; hence the crappy skills and arbitrary species, but couldn't they at least make them look better? The last few batches have been particularly bad. (as a concession, I'll say that Astaroth was pretty good looking, albeit useless for formations; they should do more progs like that!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:01 am

JessicaMD wrote:I think overall, A-team needs to release more 'strong' cute and good looking monsters... I don't like how most of the serious formations have crucial ugly monsters. I mean look at the demon teams for psycho and sin; the only (readily available, and statistically superior) ipa monster is who? Sekhmet. come on. And Lewd; the whole "evil clown" thing is soooooo overplayed. And for sin, they're stuck with Pit. and flame kag with his ziggy nose. and poor covert; beast teams being stuck with bayard (that weird horse-person guy), on another note, lots of the covert beasts are good looking; Sky Navy Slayer looks like a big flying pillow Razz. Centaurus is a nice concept since you normally have a knight in armor riding a horse, but he's a centaur dressed like a knight, I also like the minotaur, seta and BSK

also what's up with progs? I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the progs are like predominately UGLY monsters... I mean I understand that they're just something that people are supposed to be using for the events, and not changing the metagame of formation of building too much; hence the crappy skills and arbitrary species, but couldn't they at least make them look better? The last few batches have been particularly bad. (as a concession, I'll say that Astaroth was pretty good looking, albeit useless for formations; they should do more progs like that!

Well, really, the current progs don't look all that bad. Sure, they're useless battle-wise, but in the appearance department, they're better than most.

And speaking of "serious" formations, Psycho Demons don't look all that bad. If by "serious" you mean hardcore formations, then a psycho demon formation would look something like this: Victoria, Dawn Lilin, SDD, Selene, and DCC. All of them are not-so-bad looking females except for DCC, and I've heard him described as the pet Laughing

And for strong, powerful monsters that look decent, there are quite a few really. There's Anna, Fate Puppeteer, Rhea... and all of the ones I listed above besides DCC. Moon Sea, Dragon of Disaster look pretty cool as well - actually, pretty much all of the AA dragons besides the low BP ones.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Bestron2 wrote:
Well, really, the current progs don't look all that bad. Sure, they're useless battle-wise, but in the appearance department, they're better than most.

And speaking of "serious" formations, Psycho Demons don't look all that bad. If by "serious" you mean hardcore formations, then a psycho demon formation would look something like this: Victoria, Dawn Lilin, SDD, Selene, and DCC. All of them are not-so-bad looking females except for DCC, and I've heard him described as the pet Laughing

And for strong, powerful monsters that look decent, there are quite a few really. There's Anna, Fate Puppeteer, Rhea... and all of the ones I listed above besides DCC. Moon Sea, Dragon of Disaster look pretty cool as well - actually, pretty much all of the AA dragons besides the low BP ones.

Hmmmmmmmmm.......... I don't know, aside from the sin prog (who reminds me of a female Conan, (yeah, I saw red sonja and everything, but ardeyuna really looks like a direct female version of Conan lol)) the others just look kinda dopey, like their faces were weirdly drawn and look smushed... (By the way; the new +1 bell progs that just got released aren't bad looking, but that was before I posted, or I didn't see the new progs until afterwards anyways Razz)

When I said serious formations, I meant the one that most people would be likely to use; Leth, Lewd, Sekh, DCC, Typhon (sdd would be better than lewd, but sdds are prohibitively expensive for most players)

I think the 'hardcore' psycho demon form would actually be.....
Leader: Virup (switched to IPA)
Taroth (DEA)
Fate (DED)
Kotone (switched to IPD)
DCC (agi)

But I'm not all that concerned with how weird Fate Puppetter looks, since that's a problem that affects an incredibly small number of people Rolling Eyes

As far as A-rank 'hardcore demons'
Leader: Blue Steel (IPA)
Leth (DED)
Victoria (DEA) (artctic blast or whatever is sooooooooo overrated, it's practically a 'post-emptive' strike, a high damage one, but what good is that if it hits a monster with 10% health left, or Vic goes down in the first round?)
SDD (P-Strike)
DCC (Agi)

And the 'realistic' psycho demon team that a large number of people actually have;
Leader: Leth/Blue Steel (If Blue Steel is used as leader, put Leth in Lewd's Spot)
Sekhmet
Typhon
Lewd/Leth (If Blue Steel is used as leader, put Leth here!)
DCC

I agree that there are quite a few nice looking AAs, but I think making more nice looking As should be something of a higher priority than nice looking AAs. We already know people are going to want AAs for sake of stats, and species types for combos; I think if they added some cuddly agility monsters for each and every species, there would be a ton more formations being built, and formerly useless monsters would actually be useful! like psycho beasts, or sin mystics
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Hooray, pictures are back, and now for an episode of "Dopey looking monsters"!

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 53053_big
come on agares, I have no idea what's going on in this picture, he's riding his pet crocodile down the freeway, and a dove sitting on his shoulder like he thinks it's a parrot. Also looks like he's shaking his fist at someone who cut him off, or "those damn kids". For some reason, this reminds me of a rude motorist on magnum PI.

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 56007_big
A-team, you guys don't get it. Men are the majority consumer of your products (and 'games' in general I think), and men like boobs; that doesn't mean you can toss a pair of boobies onto a BEE, or a CAT (sekhmet), and people will be all over it. THINK guys, come on THINK

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 56030_big
Blue/Orange: worst camouflage ever... I mean this critter lives on dark purple rocky mountainsides or something (assuming the picture is accurate), what is his power? straining people's eyes?
Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 56029_big
huge body, tiny head, enough said (hey that rhymes)

Monster artwork critique. no number crunching allowed! - Page 2 56027_big
I am led to believe that ancient huge statue was a huge statue built in ancient times of a drooling slack-jawed gumby-headed hunchback (who had an eye on his chin).
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2