iPhone iOS 5.1 Data Erase Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

iPhone iOS 5.1 Data Erase Issue

Post by KenshinX122 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:16 am

Hello All,

As the title suggests, I have an issue with Dark Summoner where if I update the operating system on the iphone to 5.01, there is a chance that it may erase my game/save data. I don't know if other people have this issue. Anyway, I am currently backing up my data now onto my laptop and was wondering where I can find my "Unique Device ID" in the event that I do lose my data. Has anyone done this update? Did you lose your data or was everything ok? Thank you very much.

-KenshinX122

Last edited by KenshinX122 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total

KenshinX122

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone iOS 5.1 Data Erase Issue

Post by ABeezy on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:19 am

KenshinX122 wrote:Hello All,

As the title suggests, I have an issue with Dark Summoner where if I update the operating system on the iphone to 5.01, there is a chance that it may erase my game/save data. I don't know if other people have this issue. Anyway, I am currently backing up my data now onto my laptop and was wondering where I can find my "Unique Device ID" in the event that I do lose my data. Has anyone done this update? Did you lose your data or was everything ok? Thank you very much.

-KenshinX122

I'm also wondering this, bumping for an answer on how to find the Unique Device ID.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: ABeezy
Player ID: 2158929188
Guild: Sin
LvL: 91
Store: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ABeezy

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001342318630

Back to top Go down

Post by Sameldi on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 am

If you click on (your name) Device, it should show up a Ipod/Iphone/ect. Summary, and on that summary where a pic of your device is, there should be one portion that says "Serial Number" and I'm guessing that's the Unique Device ID since that's the only thing on there that I can see as being indicative of an ID for your individual device.
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Post by KenshinX122 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 am

Hey ABeezy,

Thanks for bumping. I am going to type out the message that is displayed to me every time I open up Dark Summoner. Here it is:

PLAYER DATA ERASE WARNING - PLEASE READ
March 8, 2012 - 5:00 a.m. EST

Hello Dark Summoner players. Apple announced the release of iOS 5.1, and we have a VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE about this. When players update to iOS 5.1, there is a chance their player data will be erased. The reason for this is that during update the device's data may not backup properly.

THEREFORE PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU PLAN TO UPDATE TO iOS 5.1
A. Connect your device to your computer and through iTunes, backup your device's data before updating the OS.
B. Do not update the OS until you write down your device's Unique ID. We will soon give you steps to retrieve your device's Unique ID. If your data is erased, this ID is needed for any chance of data recovery.

I know this is an issue for me, so I am happy others are equally as concerned. I'll list down some things that I have done so far.

Part A:
I connected my iPhone to my laptop and clicked onto the summary tab and scrolled down to "Back Up". My back up is set to "Back up to iCloud". As a precaution, I changed it to "Back up to this computer" and pressed "Apply" on the bottom right hand corner and then switched it back to "Back up to iCloud".

Now, I have a few questions. Is this sufficient enough to back up my data for Dark Summoner? (I have not experienced ever resetting my phone and how to retrieve data). I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I just want to be sure. Also, please feel free to share if I am doing this incorrectly.

Part B:

I copied down my phone's Serial Number. I have no idea if this is the "Unique ID" that the Dark Summoner developers were talking about. I could not find any other unique identifier aside from the aforementioned Serial Number.

Now, questions for this section. Has anyone received more information about this matter? Does the Dark Summoner website have "steps" available for us to retrieve this Unique ID? Has anyone updated to 5.1 and not have their data erased? If so, please share.

I know these questions cannot be answered immediately, but I'd like to throw them out there for reference. I apologize for the long post, but I feel it is necessary as this is an urgent matter.

Thank you all,

-KenshinX122

KenshinX122

Back to top Go down

Post by KenshinX122 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:46 am

Sameldi wrote:If you click on (your name) Device, it should show up a Ipod/Iphone/ect. Summary, and on that summary where a pic of your device is, there should be one portion that says "Serial Number" and I'm guessing that's the Unique Device ID since that's the only thing on there that I can see as being indicative of an ID for your individual device.

Thanks for sharing Sameldi. I thought the same too. I am afraid to update to 5.1 until I know for certain all the steps necessary to get my data back in the event it is erased. I am such a scaredy cat haha.

KenshinX122

Back to top Go down

Post by Sameldi on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:55 am

Np I'll see if I can find some more info for ya, and it's good to be cautious when dealing with this stuff so nothing to be ashamed of here.
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Post by KenshinX122 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:00 am

Very true. I'd like to email the developers, but the Dark Summoners official website does not seem to have a support email address. I will also look into this matter. Thanks for all the help.

KenshinX122

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumais on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 am

Well my partner decided to be foolhardy and updated her iPhone.
As expected it did not back up and wiped her game data. She went into her game and it gave all the options we got at the start of the game but stopped before she could do anything saying her account have been temp banned. Lol. Safe to say updating just yet is not a good idea as of yet. She is awaiting a reply from their support now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep walking
Keep breathing
Keep cursing our names
We're plotting your end by the dawn
We're apparitions that stalk your every turn
We're death incarnate to cleanse you from this world

1808307654=D

Lumais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sameldi on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 am

Alright did some looking around on itunes, here's what I got.

To Store App Data and Sync it to the current version

1. Go to (Your Name) Device and look to the top bar, next to summary there's app. Click on the botton that says app. It should bring you to a page where it says:

[checkbox] Sync Apps, (Name of Device) (Ipod/Iphone/Itouch/ect.) # of apps

2. Check the box for Sync Apps, and choose the apps in the list below that you want to update. On the bottom of the list there's a checkbox for 'Automatically sync new apps'. Check this if you do not see Dark Summoner in the list above.

3. After you've checked all the apps you want to update and the checkbox below, click on 'Apply' where the capacity bar is

4. Wait for your device to complete syncing

5. Now you've just backed up your app info
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Post by KenshinX122 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 am

Lumais wrote:Well my partner decided to be foolhardy and updated her iPhone.
As expected it did not back up and wiped her game data. She went into her game and it gave all the options we got at the start of the game but stopped before she could do anything saying her account have been temp banned. Lol. Safe to say updating just yet is not a good idea as of yet. She is awaiting a reply from their support now.

Lumais,

I'm sorry your partner lost her data. That's unfortunate. If you do not mind, could you pass along A-Team's email address to me? I would like to email them and ask for more information. Thanks.

Sameldi,

Nice job with the data save info. I am definitely doing that now.

KenshinX122

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosomono on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:50 am

Do Not update unless you want to start from scratch! I lost everything with just a restore . This happened before they released the warning. I have been trying constantly to contact the Dev's I so far have received no response no help and no light at the end of the tunnel. Want to start from scratch? Update. Want to lose it all? Update. There is NOTHING in iOS 5.1 worth losing everything for even if the chances are rare that you will. Until they have a working solution they call guaranteed and are rady to help with you getting your account back in case of compromise.
Good Luck
Don't be impatient and don't be stupid.
The email is located in my post under bugs. They haven't replied at all to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ DSBestiary ~~
~~Reaper Battle~~
------------------
Have additions to the Bestiary?
Click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yosomono

Back to top Go down

Post by NightMend on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks for the heads-up guys. Wouldn't want a lot of effort put into this game go to waste Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NightMend

Back to top Go down

Post by miekery on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 am

If you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
Once you do that it will put the phone into setup mode with iPhone Data Eraser and everything will be delete from the phone and they won't be able to get your information back.I found the hard way that just because you wiped your iPhone's data doesn't mean that everything linking you to the phone has been removed. There are some apps that may still be linked based on your phone's unique hardware ID. I sold an old iPhone to a friend of mine and completely wiped my data using the method above, however, he informed me that my account was still linked. He said that the same was true for several other apps as well, to delete data from iPhone, you have to choose some professional iPhone data eraser software.

miekery

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:05 am

Why post on a thread that is almost 2 years old, and that is no longer relevant because of the password system that A team implemented?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top