Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epics Vs Combo's

+5
Valloth
Hecatonchyr
Drag0n
Shadow Skull
baby_G
9 posters

Go down

Epics Vs Combo's Empty Epics Vs Combo's

Post by baby_G Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Maybe I didn't see it, but I couldn't find a topic that addressed this.

What is the better Tactic to take:
Creating a team of the Best Individual cards you can get (not including AA's)?
Or
Going for as many Combo's as you can?

I would think a potential +40%attk +35%deff team would be better than simply a
random collection of the best cards you could get?

Please advise
baby_G
baby_G

Back to top Go down

Epics Vs Combo's Empty Re: Epics Vs Combo's

Post by Shadow Skull Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Don't forget about the small bonuses while using strong cards like Level Bonus and Rarity Bonus (total of 20% ATK and 15% DEF)

Shadow Skull

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Fri May 04, 2012 9:15 pm

i have crunched the numbers many many times about this, and i think that its one of the best aspects of the game (AA ruined it though). It actually doesnt matter a great deal which way you go about it. combos are strong but so are elites!

for example covert/mystic combo and demon/impulse both have 47k attack.. however with the new addition of more monsters and no stats on the bestiary to look at its hard to tell whats what at the moment. I know you can get up close to those stats with elites too.. all just depends on what your trying to achieve... having a full elite team and trading for EP will give you a chance of trading for an AA but a combo team will require a heck of a lot more EP to get yourself one.
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Hecatonchyr Sun May 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I think the answer lies more on the mechanism used to determine which monsters attack first. For example if BP of monster determine mainly who goes first, then a team consisting in Asura Bayard Lewd and 2 of underdark/Dkr/Selene is infinitely better than any combo team you may create, because will always attack first (22 22 22 21 21). But if it is another mechanism, level for example, it is difficult to judge. Anyway it is easily demonstrated : take a friend in another guild, give him 1 Abyss 70 for example, and attack him with say 1 faith 70 and after 1 asura 70, if asura always goes first against abyss and abyss always goes first against faith, then it is BP.

Hecatonchyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Valloth Sun May 06, 2012 2:04 pm

or you could get a team of epics that form a combo
Valloth
Valloth

Back to top Go down

Post by kboy Sun May 06, 2012 2:17 pm

May someone explain what is " Elite Monster" :S and which monster is consider to be elite ?

kboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue May 15, 2012 8:14 am

Hecatonchyr wrote:I think the answer lies more on the mechanism used to determine which monsters attack first. For example if BP of monster determine mainly who goes first, then a team consisting in Asura Bayard Lewd and 2 of underdark/Dkr/Selene is infinitely better than any combo team you may create, because will always attack first (22 22 22 21 21). But if it is another mechanism, level for example, it is difficult to judge. Anyway it is easily demonstrated : take a friend in another guild, give him 1 Abyss 70 for example, and attack him with say 1 faith 70 and after 1 asura 70, if asura always goes first against abyss and abyss always goes first against faith, then it is BP.

I did some testing via randomly attacking ppl and assuming they have max70 team. In which case, agility determine who goes first after preempt with rare exceptions. Cent+ goes faster than expected for example. On equal agility the attacking team goes first with some exceptions. On my team order of attack is determine by placement in the formation. leader than second etc...

I have tried both a demon team and a high attack team and found both to be about the same depending on opponents. On paper the demon team has better stat about 2k higher attack and use less bp but generally I like the high attack team better because sear djinn preemptive actually mess things up if it doesn't one shot opponent lowest hp. The high attack team wins unless there is a rare miss.

I see a lot of complaints about AA. I did some testing during crypt and attack AA on purpose to see how my team do. I usually win with just a A+ max team. Granted I don't know if the AA is maxed etc... But in a 4 to 1 no AA can stand against 4A+. It just doesn't have enough attacks.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBad Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:12 pm

The advantage combos provide is not supremacy, but value. You don't have to spend as many BP per attack for the same level of power. My Psycho winged brute team deals over 50K damage, but with only 80 BP per attack.

BigBad

http://www.ds-forum.com/t3682-the-big-bad-s-place-of-business#22

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 pm

BigBad wrote:The advantage combos provide is not supremacy, but value. You don't have to spend as many BP per attack for the same level of power. My Psycho winged brute team deals over 50K damage, but with only 80 BP per attack.

True but so far only this event demands bp efficiency. If you're just battling opponents for honor/gold than bp/attack doesn't matter if you can't beat them. Under normal circumstances saving bp doesn't matter as much unless you're trying to get into the weekly top ranking for the reward. If you're high on the overall ranking, there really isn't any team you can beat with a low bp winged brute as they almost all have several AA. Beating a team rank higher than you is far better than one rank lower than you using fewer bp for honor points.

Kyan

P.S. even in this event by the lv28-30 boss. 50k attack just isn't high enough as the defense of the boss are so high that its worth it to go with a higher attack but lower efficiency team just to get over the def hump.

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:27 am

I don't necessarily agree with this. WIth my winged brutes, I can do a 100% attack and an 80% attack from full BP; with demons, whose total attack is about 8k higher, I can only do a 100% and a 20%. The first option clearly does more total damage.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down