Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treasure event - Island of Avarice

+11
lennon_68
zzz1998
ryesteve
Xcalibre
Ologolos
echoside
I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!!
MoRandi
TheFury
cloudy09
Armitaage
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Treasure event - Island of Avarice  - Page 2 Empty Re: Treasure event - Island of Avarice

Post by zzz1998 Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:18 pm

ryesteve wrote:
zzz1998 wrote:Ateam just helped me do something that no one was expecting we can do 2 weeks ago.
Wasn't 2 weeks ago when we were finishing up a Tower event where a lot of people came away with 800-1000 of those stones?  I'd say getting a handful of stones out of this event didn't really do a whole lot to change expectations.
Ateam did something that I was not expecting them to do so quickly.  Which was high drop rate of stones at tower event. I was expecting about 2 stones per 100 floors.   By the time I saw how good the drop rate was on this forum, it was a bit too late for me to get all the stones necessary to complete the form.  But it turns out to be "blessing in disguise" moment.  If I would have gotten all the necessary stones, I would ended up with Ex Brute team with covert down+ (boooo) and miss out on kick a$$ crawler with impulse down+ team.  

Anyway, I have no problem with last event and this event because they have given me 2nd chance to collect missing stones to complete my form.

Side note: Talk about WTF moment... Psycho crawler.  If someone ask me what next Ex are.  I could easily guess sin undead and covert beast.  For psycho, I would have guessed creation, demon,  and even mystic before crawler.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Treasure event - Island of Avarice  - Page 2 Empty Re: Treasure event - Island of Avarice

Post by Armitaage Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 pm

I personally am not enjoying this event as much as the last event, mostly because of the randomness of the missions and because of the energy cost of the missions, but I don't hate it like some others seem to.

On the subject of the new Ex forms, I had another WTF moment when I uploaded the data to the party calc today; only the Psycho Crawler is winged, the sin undead and covert beast are not.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoa Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 pm

I agree that they made some terrible changes. The worst one being the random collection of the items. horrible drop rates on the 'important' items. Still play the event though for the flesh stones. I know for many of you they don't mean much anymore. But I didn't have the EP to rank let alone get far past floor 200 in the tower event. So for me it's great the flesh stones are fairly easy to get in this event.

Rinoa

Back to top Go down

Post by I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!! Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks MoRandi... but yeah, I got so many of the stones I could build a few full teams... I started to make them before I realized I couldn't sell them... thanks for putting the Grands on the species list of the TM then denying them to trades... thanks ateam... I wanted +50 of spent ep just sitting in my cage devaluing by the second as you pump massive amounts of stones out in every event....

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Magickiller Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 am

Thanks to everyone spending 500+ EP the last treasure event, which I tried to rank in, I believe that I am going to not be playing this event.

Along with the horrible reviews by long time people, they have prompted me not to do this event, or any other for that matter. HAHA

Bye Smile
Magickiller
Magickiller

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 am

Normally that would've prompted some "Can I have your stuff" messages, but I guess people saw your sig... Smile

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Armitage thanks for that tip, and i was just ready to trade my sin demon EXs for the undead ones...and yes, WTF is this, A-team now started to do guild favours or what the hell, that's totally not fair...
Back on topic...Zhoul, A-team is always full of "surprises", like last tower event, in this one the stones are easy to get aswell, or even more, indeed the EP cost is less, but the limit of stones is the same, anyway i got enough to have 2 full Ex teams.
Anyway the ammount u have to spend to get the AAA is tremendous, considering not even if u rank u cant get enough to cover the spent EP, and all that if we don't calculate the find rate and that shit area that is opened no one knows when...for example i got it only once so far, and no one cant get it twice a day, cause i think people have a life like i do and cant stay 24/7 on just to get those shit roses or what the hell they are...
I will be surprised if anyone will get the AAA and that person does not have a life, whatever he/she will say, atleast in my eyes...

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:53 pm

MoRandi wrote:WTF is this, A-team now started to do guild favours or what the hell, that's totally not fair...
No, what this tells you is that we're going to continue to see more EX monsters released fairly quickly, and things will even up. I'm sure we'll see non-winged psycho demons shortly...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:57 pm

I wanted to pass from my Ex demons to undeads considering many ppl run demon down than undead down, and i find the undeads are non winged...
To be sincere i would preferred to have sin winged crawlers cause i would immediatly switch on them since allmost no one uses crawler down Smile

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Err... Mo, which is more prevalent, demon or undead, is debatable, lol. Honestly, I think that demon is safer than undead for sin, because most AA+ high end forms are undead and therefore the other guilds are more likely to run undead instead of demon. Prior to Ex release, demon was more a staple of psycho and covert than sin, at least at the AA+ level. For AAAs there's still not a full species team for any guild without using divinities and we know how very rare they are.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm pretty sure psycho can get a demon conbo, assuming the cyphers are fair game

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:56 pm

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. At this time there's enough Demon AAAs to make a full form in all three guilds without needing cyphers, though I doubt they are all winged. Not sure if there were enough before Ex release, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Err... Guys? "That shit area" that is open two times a day IS announced, though you'd have to have notifications on in order to find out when, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyles Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:46 am

Didn't know there was so much heat on the forums.
I guess it wouldn't help if I say things like "Chill guys, it's just a game."

Everyone knows this is a game, but whatever we do, we would want to do it well. It's normal to feel bad when you make a loss, but why kick a fuss? You can't blame god if you're doing business and you make a loss right? We made decisions whether to commit in each event and if you Think the event has bad payout, then just sit it out.

Ologolos has a right to voice his opinions, be it a noob comment or not doesn't matter. However, it's true that he may not have realised that previous event was way easier and lucrative.

Before I proceed further, let me state my stand. I don't Think I'm a hardcore player, but I've played for like 500 Days. I don't buy soul Points and had slowly saved and built my team. Why I say I'm no hardcore player is because I had 5 x EX sin demons, 100 over SOE+, enough jewels, but still yet to finish my Sin EX demon formation just because I'm lazy to do so. (Only had 2/5 done).

Next, let us analyse this event.
1) A-Team probably wanted to make great animated effects, but IMO, the Graphics and effects are just making the gameplay poorer. For some instances, I actually clicked and took some time to process and if I click too fast, I risk opening treasure chests.
2) Speaking of treasure chests, as I'm EP based build, I nv like to open them unless I got spare BP without using BP potions. I guess that's common sense, unless you really wanted it badl (i.e. during bonus time).
3) Yes, there is actuall notification for bonus time. Sadly, I've turned it off. However, @MoRanDi's comment that no one would be able to get it twice a day, that's very wrong. I had it twice yesterday, even though I didn't use notification. You just need to know the right way to do it. I simply check during the first few minutes of the hour and if it's not bonus time, I carry on to do my work. No big deal.
4) Treasure finding rates - I sense everyone was unhappy with this "NEW" change from last event. However, was it really "NEW"? All along in our "MISSIONS", we had 1/3 probability to get an item. It had been this since the start of the game. Why not try looking at Another perspective, A-team may just wanted to try out how it worked during last event and when the reward outputs was too high, they need to do something to correct the economy. People would be more upset if they had changed it mid-event, so they're doing in this event.
5) Rewards - due to the randomness, many have complaint making a loss, or using more EPs to get lousier rewards. I Think for a start, we need to accept that we don't usually always make profits. I had made a loss last event despite being ranked. I overlooked on the price of the AAA reward and went ahead to rank despite being a mostly EP-based player. Every event, there are bound to be people making a loss. (i.e. Rank 501, just out of top 500, but spent a lot of EPs to try for rank rewards). It's only healthy for the economy that way because it'll be a diaster if everyone only makes a profit. There'll be crazy inflation and RSS could be Worth 1EP Before you know it. However, most importantly, it is still possible to get more rewards than what you paid for. You just need to do it right. I've spent like 30EPs and have gotten GES/RSS/all SOE+/all SOW+/rank AA summon etc.

I'm not a very lucky person either. In the bonus area, I had spent 15 minutes Before I see my first 3x blue rose, but as times goes by, it averages out to 57 roses in 45mins. Due to randomness of bonus time and low rate of dropping the roses, I do agree that it takes a very hardcore person to obtain the AAA reward and it would be even harder than ranking normally.

To be honest, I'm still holding on to faith that A-team will do something in part 2 of the event to make the AAA easier to obtain. Thought even if there's not, I'm happy with gaining more than what I had invested.

Dyles

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:22 am

Ur right, i also got more now than invested, i only catched the bonus area once from the beginning of this event, and today when i entered treasure trove to get the IPA spirit i already had the needed treasure, also with one of those free dark summons i got a sin prog and sold for 50 right away in the first event day, also to save EP each day i buyed a prog and after get daily needs sold it for allmost same ammount, than next day i buyed cheaper and sold same allmost same ammount, now i don't have a prog but if i see something or the area i buy it, use for my needs and sell right away, and with all these i'm still rank 67 Smile
now i have 34 EP less than had before event started, but i have the GES, the RSS and the IPA spirit, witch will cover above 100 EPs, and all this profit thanks to the ideea to buy and sell prog each day to recover ep Smile

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyles Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Good for you MoRanDi, i was never lucky with free dark summons or even free AA summons.

Dyles

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Neither do i Dyles, i used alot SP to do dark summons (more than 150) in all this time spent in DS, used more than 1000 free dark summons and alot free AA summons, and with all this, i only got:
- AAA luminescent or what that psycho AAA is, before AAAs were tradable, and after sold it for 150 (from free dark summon)
- AA Demise chains sabis sold it for 300 that time (payd summon - those trial dark summons that were in the past, when u first summoned the monster and pay only if u like it)
- And now current sin prog in the first event day, from those 3 free dark summons in treasure trove
So this is luck? Never catched good monsters in tower events, never captured a divinity and all other "chance" rewards, never, so as i sayd, this is luck? No way...
And back on topic, now i am out of those shit roses or what the hell they are and got only once that area (because i'm lucky), thanks to A-team to made that shit area, make it unanounced, without those guys think that, in comparation to them, we have a life and cant stay 24/7 in ds and press "home" each hour...lame

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Hate evening time bonus area coz it's early morning in my country. Sometimes it's 3am, 5am, 7am. And early bonus time is evening in my country which I'm busy with work.
Seems like I won't be able to get the event aaa. Really wish I can get it so I can sell it for 100(covert winged beast) lol

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Yea T that's bad luck for you, i dont even know when the areas are, only once i got it but it seems the hours each day differ since i checked same hour next days and nothing,
Not to mention how much bp (200-300) u used for stones and i got 40-50 of each untradable for nothing...

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Mo, turn on notifications, they announce the time via a notification in your phone's notification bar, you don't even have to check in the first few minutes of each hour to get it.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Armitage, my notifications were never OFF, i always receive notifications of trades or ally requests, but most of the times, from DS i receive notifications later than the original time...
And about the announce of the area i mean with a few hours later like they did with the first area, at 5:00 am ET they announced area open at 12:00 pm ET
Because of that, when i wake in the morning i see notification (witch i don't know if it has arrived with delay or not) "bonus area opened", when i come from work same "bonus area opened" so i always miss if i don't know few hours before to prepare...that's lame, that only A-team can do...

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Same here, I have notification on but it doesn't help when it notice me at 4am for 5am bonus time -__-
I don't think it's worth it to wake up and play game that early in the morning...unlike cw lol

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:12 pm

hgrubandT wrote:Same here, I have notification on but it doesn't help when it notice me at 4am for 5am bonus time -__-
I don't think it's worth it to wake up and play game that early in the morning...unlike cw lol
T we talked alot on the game and i know your desire and pleasure to fight alot, and in CW i am very sure that you never missed a battle, so here is the point where the alarm clock found his true purpose lol Very Happy

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am

Finally got the covert aaa, and will get another on alt the next time bonus stage open. No idea why I'm doing this.
-___-

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:16 am

hgrubandT wrote:Finally got the covert aaa, and will get another on alt the next time bonus stage open. No idea why I'm doing this.
-___-
The wild women, the rippin' and the tearin', the rippin' and the tearin'.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next