Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Treasure event - Island of Avarice

Post by Armitaage on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:59 am

A new treasure event is upon us, though there have been some changes:
To get treasure, we need to use bp to open a chest
They've also added Ex evo stones, which require very little treasure
Rank AAA monsters added to the trove
Rank rewards are somewhat sucky, though the fact that they offer a decent amount ep/bp makes up for it a bit. Unfortunately, it's not enough to offset the cost of ranking, imo.

Any other thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly

*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Re: Treasure event - Island of Avarice

Post by cloudy09 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:04 am

yeah, with so easy to get ex-stones everybody will have his full ex team soon Smile

And the the prices for sos's will get higher and higher and higher......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cloudy09

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 pm

cloudy09 wrote:yeah, with so easy to get ex-stones everybody will have his full ex team soon Smile

And the the prices for sos's will get higher and higher and higher......
Totally depends what limits they place on them. If you can only get 2 of each rare ex stone, it won't make a big difference. If limitless, then yeah.

Selling sos is a gamble. They are certainly going to release a ton more eventually (or another way to skill up monsters), but if you pick the right time to sell you can make a fortune. I already sold mine with the first wave of EXs, so now I'm just watching to see what I could have made : P

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Well in the last few events i spent little EPs to get all SOSs and sold them for 3x more EPs.
Regarding this event is a good one to rank or get all rewards that i feel i like, like the winged AAA, AAs, GES, SOEs and all much as i can stones, like in the last treasure event that i ranked in.

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!! on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:52 am

Wow... this is by far a supremely crappy redo of the last treasure event... no ranking AAA card, progression is clunky & slow... treasure is by chance not specific to the mission your currently on...

FAIL IN EVERY WAY!!!

Which makes me sad... I was really looking forward to this event... :-(

Nathan

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!! on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:54 am

It's truly depressing when all I want is a Tower Event cause they have only managed to screw that up once...

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 am

And to get the AAA you have to wait for bonus times, lame.  Need 999 blue things only available in bonus area, went nonstop for 20 minutes before area closed and managed to get 6 with an AA+ prog.

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 am

echoside wrote:And to get the AAA you have to wait for bonus times, lame.  Need 999 blue things only available in bonus area, went nonstop for 20 minutes before area closed and managed to get 6 with an AA+ prog.
C'mon... you knew there had to be a catch.
Otherwise you'd be looking at a new crop of AAA+ in TM selling for 50 ep each. 
Still might happen, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Xcalibre on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:23 pm

One thing I noticed quickly, is you do not get sac fodder in this event.  Only the items you can trade. not cool, especially since there is a limit on SOE and SOW. How do they expect us to level anything?
Xcalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Echoside is telling the truth, this event sucks, damn A-team, with AA+ prog and 5 hours of constant play in same area, i only managed to get 138 of those green scepters, and spent 40 EP to get those, considering for GES i need 333 and for both AAA 1998, at current rate, with bonus time with no end even if i play 24/7 till event ends i can't get those, considering i didn't had so far the special area from the hour event started...
Imagine this event, no one will get AAAs and to get the GES that worth 60-70 i have to waste 100 at least at current rate...
Stupid idiots all employees of A-team, stupid manager, they are hungry for money, but i think in the end they will die, and i hope so and with so for them.
Lost 115 EP to get the prog for nothing...

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 pm

MoRandi wrote:Stupid idiots all employees of A-team, stupid manager, they are hungry for money, but i think in the end they will die, and i hope so and with so for them.
Lost 115 EP to get the prog for nothing...
Easy with the death threats, guy... it's just a game.

Personally I still like this event better than a tower event. I like being able to choose my rewards. And I'm not just participating in order to rank or turn a profit, so it's still enjoyable to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:01 pm

You like being able to choose which prizes you have to grossly overpay for?? Jesus Christ, did Jewelguy hack into your account or something?

I agree with everyone else... they've completely destroyed this event. Anything they're offering here is way cheaper in the market. Spending on this event is pointless.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:12 pm

ryesteve wrote:You like being able to choose which prizes you have to grossly overpay for??  Jesus Christ, did Jewelguy hack into your account or something?

I agree with everyone else... they've completely destroyed this event.  Anything they're offering here is way cheaper in the market.  Spending on this event is pointless.
Jewels are available in the trade market now? So are ally points, gold and colored flesh stones? Aw sweet, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm not spending anything on this event other than a little time, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. You should try playing for fun instead of always looking for an excuse to complain about something and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:19 pm

I guess you should have clarified your enthusiasm for this event with, "I play all events casually, so I'm not already choking in ally points, gold and stones like everyone else, so I'm really hyped to get a few"

If I'm not playing for fun, what am I playing for? Are these other guys getting paid and no one told me? Sorry, but there's no fun to be had in this event. It's just an opportunity to do something else for the next 10 days, which I'm totally fine with... but that doesn't mean I'm going to avoid calling a turd a turd. And this event is the biggest turd ATeam has pushed out since "gift tickets"

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:22 pm

ryesteve wrote:I guess you should have clarified your enthusiasm for this event with, "I play all events casually, so I'm not already choking in ally points, gold and stones like everyone else, so I'm really hyped to get a few"
If that's what it takes to get it through your thick skull that people's experiences of this game differ from yours and that their opinions can be voiced in a public forum without unnecessary criticism, then I'll gladly do so next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Yes, good idea, that would be helpful. Considering this is a dying game, and this message board is frequented these days by maybe a dozen or so people, it's easy to jump the conclusion that those who are still around are hardcore players. Now I know otherwise.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!! on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:53 pm

As I already said... total fucking fail but why eat the 115ep on the prog..? I got mine for 60 (tyranny 30×2... I changed out of sin way back when cause the progs were to expensive) and it was in the tm for about 5min at 60 with a 55 up when I listed it... so im out some gold and some ep to burn through the event missions the first time... not to bad of a loss on the hope ateam will ever get their cranial-rectal syndrome cured...

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!! on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:05 pm

And in the "I've never played to rank" noobs defense... reading his post makes it pretty clear he's a noob... he liked it better than a tower whereas I was clearly being sarcastic... and mainly he likes the event, & obviously hadn't even played the last treasure event which was really good cause it actually did what he described this one doing... ie picking the treasure you wanted to get by giving clear missions with set treasure in that mission... unlike this random bubble bullshit...

Nathan

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:12 pm

@ Ologolos: with death i mean that the company will die, not the employees
@ Zhoul: i totally agree, finally someone with a clear perspective about this shit with "catch the bubble" event, slow progress, u cant choose (like in prev treasure event) witch mission to do for exactly the item u need.
And with all the necesarry items we need for the AAA and their find rate, i belive no one will be able to get it...lame

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 pm

People will get it, because some have unlimited time, unlimited EP, and a compulsion to do so... then they'll put it in the market for 999 just to show it off.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Heh, i tried out the bonus area once more, got up to 30-something blue things, only 960 more to go. Prog is in market as no sane person would go for the AAA.

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Ok, I have my armor suit on and ready to take hits from you guys...

I love this event... 

I need 6 more blue stones to complete my ex from, and I will get it from this event since it is actually very easy to get to those.  Most likely I won't play anymore after I get what I need but who care.

Did I mention that I love this event?  Of course I do, Ateam just helped me do something that no one was expecting we can do 2 weeks ago.  Create a kick a$$ psycho crawler formations. Lol.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:46 pm

zzz1998 wrote:Ateam just helped me do something that no one was expecting we can do 2 weeks ago.
Wasn't 2 weeks ago when we were finishing up a Tower event where a lot of people came away with 800-1000 of those stones? I'd say getting a handful of stones out of this event didn't really do a whole lot to change expectations.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:35 pm

ryesteve wrote:
zzz1998 wrote:Ateam just helped me do something that no one was expecting we can do 2 weeks ago.
Wasn't 2 weeks ago when we were finishing up a Tower event where a lot of people came away with 800-1000 of those stones?  I'd say getting a handful of stones out of this event didn't really do a whole lot to change expectations.

Pretty sure it was the kick ass psycho crawler part that nobody expected Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something Smile

Drop me an email or message me:  darkSummonerTrader_68@hotmail.com
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:40 pm

... which has nothing to do with the current event...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top