Which direction, AA or Ex?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which direction, AA or Ex?

Post by Eldred on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:38 am

I'm covert/rancor, I just joined the forum and my guild request is pending.

I am currently running an A+ wyrm team which is not winged but has a pretty good skill set:

Lindwurm: 19bp, agi(Cool
Quicksand Worm: IPD(6)
Brontoxic: 30bp, IPA(9)
Plague Dragon: DED(2)
Mesh Dragon: DEA(Cool

Total BP: 123

I rarely run into fully maxed skill formations in random battles, though it has been happening more as I level up (currently 53).  I did however run into an entire clan in CW3 of maxed skill formations and I couldn't win a single battle.

Should I level up skills on my current form to stay competitive as I go from 50-100, or focus on building an AA+ or Ex formation?

I am contemplating a few options:

Winged Demon Form

Grand Schemer, Taksada:  33bp, increase dodge rate (change to Health)
Abyss Knight: 34 bp, IPA
Conceited Gregean: 50bp, DEA
Stone Wings Demon: 31bp, PDP
Demon Crow, Beyser: 45bp, IPD

Special mention goes to the new agi AA demon,

Emerald-Star Demon: 40bp, agi

Does anyone know if he is winged?  Doesn't really look winged and I'm not sure how to check.

If the new agi demon is winged, a winged AA+ demon team is looking pretty nice.  I'd swap for stone wings.  I could also change PDP to something else, but this is a pretty defensive form so stacking IPD and PDP might be interesting (assuming they stack). 

Or:

Winged Wyrm Form

There are more options here and I'm not sure which I would choose, I'll list them:

Dragon of Disaster: 31bp, IPD
Wingarm Dragon: 34bp, DED
Vanity Dragon: 40bp, Impulse Down
Scales of Lightning: 37bp, DED
Full Moon Dragon: 42bp, Psycho Down
Force Flux Dragon: 38bp, Impulse Down
Terra Dragon (not sure if winged): 45bp, IPD

Special mention goes to the new Ex winged wyrm:

Dragon Princess, Felia:  50bp, Impulse Down

Not sure what type of combos will be available with an Ex-4AA+ team or if an all Ex team will be possible.

I've read a lot of posts about how AA teams are underpowered and irrelevant.  I've also read posts about how new agi AA's might tip the balance.  Furthermore there are posts about how insanely overpowered a fully maxed Ex team might be. 

So, winged demon team?
Demon team (winged or not) with new agi demon?
Winged wyrm team(include Ex or not)?

Sorry for the long winded post, I hope it is well organized and I appreciate any feedback you folks may offer.

Eldred

Back to top Go down

Re: Which direction, AA or Ex?

Post by rekt on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:46 am

depends on what can you afford.

Winged Wyrm Form is your best bet. not to many people carry wyrm down skill. Winged demon form will be nice with agility but to many people uses demon down (20) Neutral if you decided to go demon, you need to pick either health up or agility. do not mix the 2 skills. if you go agility you need atk+, def-, and 2 guild downs. health up with other skills is up to you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rekt
Adminus the Second
Adminus the Second

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:44 am

I would definitely, 100%, NOT invest any more into your current team.  As far as what direction to go in, if you have a pile of EP to buy a form that's great!  Do like you're doing now - pick a direction and head in it. 

If not (more likely) I'd focus on buying a full set of cheap AA+'s with good skills then build from there.  I personally prefer IPA, IPD, DEA, DED, and Health Up.  In Rancor I know you can get a Dru +M(20) for less than 20 ep then throw in an Epatamanu (or however you spell that), a Turvain (saw one +M(16) for 25 the other day!). 

Just my 2 cents though.  The trouble with that strategy is there's no really clear upgrade path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Drop me an email or message me:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:21 pm

I might try Ex, considering they are cheap and have good stats even at the base level, if you have the BP to support a full form.

There aren't many out now, so you could also support your effort with some inexpensive AAs to get a well-rounded form.

Since you have a bunch of covert wyrms, I'd go with the AA wyrms, but there are other inexpensive AAs you can start with that aren't wyrms that have some skills you may wish to use, then work your way up to the pricier ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:58 am

I'd personally go for a wyrm AA+ form, but note that the 4th stage of the Ex monsters is Grand [Demon | Wyrm | Brute], which is not the same as Demon, Wyrm, or Brute.

If you can afford to get 5x Ex and 400 vitality stones, though, the Ex form can be worth the time to max and specialize, even w/o maxing its skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly

*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldred on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:13 am

I picked up the covert ex monster because it was cheap and also a winged wyrm.  It does make sense to stick with wyrm since I can replace my non winged cards with winged and keep all but rarity combo and gain winged.  Probably getting a wingarm or other cheap aa+ winged worm next.

Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top