superstack question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

superstack question.

Post by Maduk on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 am

Ive read about th a+m20 jumping a fresh aa+ to 10 when sacked.

My question is does this work when saccing a low bp (in this case a purp sorluna+m20) to another fresh aa+ (omniscient) anyone have any idea?

Thanks all,
Mad
Maduk

Back to top Go down

Re: superstack question.

Post by Maduk on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 am

I thought id try it as id get pittance for her anyway. Yes it does work.
Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MadUK
Player ID: 1838551205
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maduk

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 am

As you found out it does work.  It's more efficient to use singles to get the new card up to a skill level of 4 first though, you'll end up with a (12) after saccing the 20 to it Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Drop me an email or message me:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by sicness on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I would have thought this new trick would have ruined the SOS market but the are still selling high. You can get a SS of IPA for 16-20 EP. And a SOS+ will cost you the same. With this new trick I think the SOS are over rated! The SS will get you 1/2 of what you need to max. As said by lennon_68, but another SS will get you to 16. This is a great find!

sicness

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I always knew you could do that but I didn't think it would be that effective, I'd think that someone would usually save a +m(20) till when the monster they are sac'ing to is like lvl 19 so you could max it out lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lt. Colonel of JestersOfDestruction
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm

The price of SOS is especially high now because there's no other way to skill up the new abilities on the EX and Divinity cards.

A good friend of mine was telling me he wasn't having much luck with superstacks and odd numbers.  He had it happen twice - one he had a 4 and sac'd a 9 to it, figuring he'd get either a 6 or 7 but he just got a 5?  I know I've done it with odd/even combinations though and had it work, pretty sure it just rounded down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Drop me an email or message me:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 am

It's probably because it's too close in skill. Saccing a (20) to a (15) will get you up to (16) only, not (17). A (9) is quite close to a (4), that's probably it. Besides, you can't really call a (9) a superstack, it's nowhere near high enough, lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
General of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by yours truly

*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am

sicness wrote:I would have thought this new trick would have ruined the SOS market but the are still selling high. You can get a SS of IPA for 16-20 EP. And a SOS+ will cost you the same. With this new trick I think the SOS are over rated! The SS will get you 1/2 of what you need to max. As said by lennon_68, but another SS will get you to 16. This is a great find!
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but don't forget that if you can get IPA (4) stacks for 2 EP, you might not want to spend 20 ep on an IPA super stack if you'll only be getting 8 levels. The same 20 ep would get you 10 (4) stacks. Just something to keep in mind about super stacks; they're convenient, but if you have some patience and can grab 4s from the market at a low price, that can still be a more cost-effective way to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:27 pm

So you'd have to succeed 9 out of 10 times with a stack4 in order to be more cost-effective than a superstack. I don't know what sort of lucky charms you're carrying around with you, but I don't come anywhere close to a 9 out of 10 success rate.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:59 pm

ryesteve wrote:So you'd have to succeed 9 out of 10 times with a stack4 in order to be more cost-effective than a superstack.  I don't know what sort of lucky charms you're carrying around with you, but I don't come anywhere close to a 9 out of 10 success rate.
obviously the cost-effectiveness of one over the other depends on how much you paid for a super stack and how many levels you'll get out of it. Depends on the skill too... I think you know how it works.

But yeah, I've frequently gotten 8 or 9 out of 10 using 4s from a 4, making it equal to or better than a super stack. Sometimes you get 10 out of 10. Sometimes you get 7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm

"sometimes it's equal to or better" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
And yeah, cost-effectiveness depends on a lot of things, but in this case we're talking about paying 20 for the superstack vs. 2 for a stack4, when at skill level 4. On average, it's a wash at best.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 pm

SS are known to fail too, from what I've heard.  Some people might prefer not to risk a failed SS, if the cost is roughly the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~jimothy_
Player ID: 2098181636
Visit my store: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Who'd you hear that from? I've never heard from someone first-hand who said they had one fail.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Honestly, hearsay.  I thought it was on the forum in an earlier thread about superstacks. Also, "fail" in this context might mean that it only resulted in a gain of 1 level, which is still the equivalent of 6 or 7 failures if you're doing stacks individually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~jimothy_

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:58 pm

No, that I don't believe either. The closest thing I've seen to what you're saying is when someone said that unless the stack was 20, it wasn't working. And that I do believe, because I was the one saying it Smile

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

I humbly defer, since my only experience is with selling them. If I wasn't shooting for Ex, I'd probably hunt down some SS for my own use after your testimony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~jimothy_

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top