Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

superstack question.

+4
TreyDobe
sicness
lennon_68
Maduk
8 posters

Go down

superstack question. Empty superstack question.

Post by Maduk Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 am

Ive read about th a+m20 jumping a fresh aa+ to 10 when sacked.

My question is does this work when saccing a low bp (in this case a purp sorluna+m20) to another fresh aa+ (omniscient) anyone have any idea?

Thanks all,
Mad
Maduk
Maduk

Back to top Go down

superstack question. Empty Re: superstack question.

Post by Maduk Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 am

I thought id try it as id get pittance for her anyway. Yes it does work.
Mad
Maduk
Maduk

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 am

As you found out it does work.  It's more efficient to use singles to get the new card up to a skill level of 4 first though, you'll end up with a (12) after saccing the 20 to it Smile

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by sicness Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I would have thought this new trick would have ruined the SOS market but the are still selling high. You can get a SS of IPA for 16-20 EP. And a SOS+ will cost you the same. With this new trick I think the SOS are over rated! The SS will get you 1/2 of what you need to max. As said by lennon_68, but another SS will get you to 16. This is a great find!

sicness

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I always knew you could do that but I didn't think it would be that effective, I'd think that someone would usually save a +m(20) till when the monster they are sac'ing to is like lvl 19 so you could max it out lol
TreyDobe
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm

The price of SOS is especially high now because there's no other way to skill up the new abilities on the EX and Divinity cards.

A good friend of mine was telling me he wasn't having much luck with superstacks and odd numbers.  He had it happen twice - one he had a 4 and sac'd a 9 to it, figuring he'd get either a 6 or 7 but he just got a 5?  I know I've done it with odd/even combinations though and had it work, pretty sure it just rounded down.

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 am

It's probably because it's too close in skill. Saccing a (20) to a (15) will get you up to (16) only, not (17). A (9) is quite close to a (4), that's probably it. Besides, you can't really call a (9) a superstack, it's nowhere near high enough, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am

sicness wrote:I would have thought this new trick would have ruined the SOS market but the are still selling high. You can get a SS of IPA for 16-20 EP. And a SOS+ will cost you the same. With this new trick I think the SOS are over rated! The SS will get you 1/2 of what you need to max. As said by lennon_68, but another SS will get you to 16. This is a great find!
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but don't forget that if you can get IPA (4) stacks for 2 EP, you might not want to spend 20 ep on an IPA super stack if you'll only be getting 8 levels. The same 20 ep would get you 10 (4) stacks. Just something to keep in mind about super stacks; they're convenient, but if you have some patience and can grab 4s from the market at a low price, that can still be a more cost-effective way to go.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:27 pm

So you'd have to succeed 9 out of 10 times with a stack4 in order to be more cost-effective than a superstack. I don't know what sort of lucky charms you're carrying around with you, but I don't come anywhere close to a 9 out of 10 success rate.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:59 pm

ryesteve wrote:So you'd have to succeed 9 out of 10 times with a stack4 in order to be more cost-effective than a superstack.  I don't know what sort of lucky charms you're carrying around with you, but I don't come anywhere close to a 9 out of 10 success rate.
obviously the cost-effectiveness of one over the other depends on how much you paid for a super stack and how many levels you'll get out of it. Depends on the skill too... I think you know how it works.

But yeah, I've frequently gotten 8 or 9 out of 10 using 4s from a 4, making it equal to or better than a super stack. Sometimes you get 10 out of 10. Sometimes you get 7.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm

"sometimes it's equal to or better" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
And yeah, cost-effectiveness depends on a lot of things, but in this case we're talking about paying 20 for the superstack vs. 2 for a stack4, when at skill level 4. On average, it's a wash at best.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 pm

SS are known to fail too, from what I've heard.  Some people might prefer not to risk a failed SS, if the cost is roughly the same.

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Who'd you hear that from? I've never heard from someone first-hand who said they had one fail.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Honestly, hearsay.  I thought it was on the forum in an earlier thread about superstacks. Also, "fail" in this context might mean that it only resulted in a gain of 1 level, which is still the equivalent of 6 or 7 failures if you're doing stacks individually.

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:58 pm

No, that I don't believe either. The closest thing I've seen to what you're saying is when someone said that unless the stack was 20, it wasn't working. And that I do believe, because I was the one saying it Smile

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

I humbly defer, since my only experience is with selling them. If I wasn't shooting for Ex, I'd probably hunt down some SS for my own use after your testimony.

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down