Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improved DS Lore

3 posters

Go down

Improved DS Lore Empty Improved DS Lore

Post by Ologolos Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Lately I've been noticing an improvement in the stories behind the DS world and characters. It's not totally riveting, but it's gotten better. I hate to sound like an A-Team shill (actually, I don't mind at all), but:

latest event, there is the whole "diary page" storyline, which I don't remember being in many events. There are brief intro "movies", and more varied backgrounds as you progress through event dungeons. For that Millenarius event, I didn't go all-out to travel the walls, but in the progress I did make, I didn't encounter any duplicate background images like I have in the past. I thought that was neat.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Improved DS Lore Empty Re: Improved DS Lore

Post by ryesteve Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:31 pm

I actually read the diary pages... but was kind of disappointed they didn't come to any kind of a satisfying conclusion.
I've also noticed that some of the in-event text is alluding to some kind of boss battle ahead... is this their way of working McFly into the fiction, is it something different entirely, or just text that won't pan out to anything?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 am

does the story escalate at any point?

I'm parked on 51 (fortitude lol) waiting on mcfly so I'm not very deep in but what I've seen so far seems to be spooky flavor text with no real relation to what's going on.

I don't expect a riveting storyline by the time you're reaching floor 1000+ but does it change at all from the "oh my! this tower seems to be quite large, I'm going to explore" ... "my exploration of this tower seems to have confirmed my suspicions that it is in fact quite large! " ... "my feet hurt, I want to go home", or is it pretty much that or some permutation of that throughout?
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 am

I don't know if you'd call it an escalation, but I'd say it reaches it's expected conclusion.

BTW, parking at 50 isn't going to help if they reset the dungeon.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:17 am

ryesteve wrote:I don't know if you'd call it an escalation, but I'd say it reaches it's expected conclusion.

BTW, parking at 50 isn't going to help if they reset the dungeon.

I'm quite curious to see how the reset-mcfly interaction works out...

would be truly unfortunate if they did away with mcfly altogether; however if he IS in the second half, getting to 50 from 0 should be a relatively trivial matter
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:54 am

Yes, definitely trivial, but there's still no benefit to being parked.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 pm

ryesteve wrote:Yes, definitely trivial, but there's still no benefit to being parked.

I'd imagine it gives me more time in McFly bonus zone, but then again depending on how they do this reset it could be a moot point (e.g. should have continued to progress in first half, and only parked in second assuming mcfly will show up then); although I've finally made some progress on the basic missions and got 2ep from doing that since I parked at 50 lol
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:13 pm

They're saying everything is getting reset. Floor progress awards, orb counts, hunter points, etc. It'll be like a new event starting. Maybe we'll even get some new diary pages...
I'm guessing McFly will eventually show up, but not until the weekend.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 pm

I've been waiting for those changes they informed us about some time last month... I'm hoping, Ryesteve, that the allusion to the boss battle has something to do with that announcement.

Honestly, since they said this event was broken into halves, I've been hoping a good portion of those changes are coming up soon. I'm not thrilled with this regurgitated event; even less so with the prospect that it is starting over tomorrow.

Barring a "Snake King Medals III" event, this one seems like a "filler" if I've ever seen one, EES reward or no.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:24 pm

ryesteve wrote:They're saying everything is getting reset. ..., hunter points, etc.  ...

damn it... that's like one of the only two things I like about towers; Mcfly and hunter points (on account of the handful of dark trap (or dark trap analogues) on can squeeze out in hopes of getting something decent in the cocoon zones)

Ologolos wrote:
Barring a "Snake King Medals III" event, this one seems like a "filler" if I've ever seen one, EES reward or no.

shhhhhh... that's like saying "this couldn't get any worse" in a movie, don't jinx it Razz
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm

larry378 wrote:

shhhhhh... that's like saying "this couldn't get any worse" in a movie, don't jinx it Razz

lol true, true.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down