Event: Prison of Atlantis (aka OMFG EES Reward)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Event: Prison of Atlantis (aka OMFG EES Reward)

Post by FrankF on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:13 am

Ologolos wrote:
LazyStevz wrote:Forgive me if I'm stunned at the dedication everyone has for the game, let alone the event. Tell me what you guys do to set up for such an event? How much EP you have as well as pots used.

I'm only what? Lvl 90 and the prospect of spending to get ranked looks ridiculous.  Sad

Depending on the event, you'll probably want at least 600 energy and 200-300 potions with a prog monster. If it's an event where there aren't many folks tryng to get the top ranks, you probably stand a chance.

This one, you can probably forget about it. I don't know how people do it myself, but it seems like some folks have thousands of EP to trade or use as they wish. I only ever have a few hundred at once, tops, and usually spend it on a monster instead of playing an event.

But...

you can still "rank" with a lot less. The prizes aren't as good, but a lot of time's it's still fun to play.

QFT.  I went after the previous event (Devil's Triangle) and ended up around rank 800 -- didn't get an AAA, but I did get a psycho AA summon.  I started at level 92 with ~420 energy and spent about 100 or so EP (half of which were MyEP).  I'm currently level 101, so I was able to put on about 9 levels, which will help the next time I try to rank.  Of course, last event was special in that spending all that EP got me 3 AA summons (Vlad, Dru, and Taroth, yay!), a GES, 3 anima summons (DEA, DED, CRU), 2 randoms, and a bunch of EP, BP, SoS, SoE+, SoW+, jewels, etc.  So ranking was really an afterthought.  But it was more fun than previous events... 

One thing to think about if you're trying to rank is the time commitment.  It takes time to burn EP in some events (Charge Forward is a huge help, but not all events have it), so make sure you start early and don't think you can out-kick everyone at the end.  I've tried that in the past and realized that it would take me past the end of the event to even get to top 500 from yesterday, so I gave up.  So buy a prog first day and budget your time.  And sell your prog as soon as you decide to give up.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:20 am

Did anyone else see the pop-up notice about the 'reset' after the mid-event ranking? Something about everyone starting over at Floor 1?

Has anyone seen that before on a tower event?

Usually by mid-event we get "OMFG RUN MCFLY IS HEEERE" and the Hunter Gamble etc...but if we get a reset, I'd imagine neither of those two...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monster Corp. (26818537)
- A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
Lieutenant ❚❚

Need a new AA+? Why not Zoidberg?
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 am

There better be a mcfly, ive been sitting on floor 51 this whole time

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by borix on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 am

This reset has been announced from the start. Does not mean there will be no McFly or hunters gamble. We will just have to start again from floor 0

Edit: also does not mean there WILL be a McFly and hunter gambles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHat Fr LEADER!!!!

Bro

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by LazyStevz on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:41 am

Merry Hunter's Gamble and a happy McFly! Very Happy

LazyStevz

Back to top Go down

Post by HelloKitty on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:53 am

Well, we can't see individual rankings for 1st half of event. That annoying!  I can say my clan mate ranked 19th at 6183 floors.  I wanted to see all the people that ranked 30-50.  Bet they won't be playing the game for long...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HelloKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by doublej1965 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am

Hunter Gamble:

50%/25% capture success percentage

McFly:

Only 2 appearences

WTF?!!??!!

Edit: 

LVL 151-200 produced 11 McFly's..

This may have been due to the required ep per tap in the lower levels.

Last edited by doublej1965 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Player ID: 1991531414

doublej1965

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranagh on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:41 am

Disappointed in the new batch of death summoners: previously could beat them with my basic (yet well skilled etc.) AA+ formation supplemented with agility up A+. Now they seem to have been boosted a bit, takes more hits to beat them x/

(I know they are AAA+ monsters, but I recall them being such during the previous event. Feel free to correct me though!)

Sadly the A/+ progs won't do a damn thing in reducing the boss parameters...

Dranagh

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Death Summoner Appearance Up Zone is bologna

rate of 1/6floors I've been getting; but frequent myep as a prize which ironically perfectly offsets the amount of myep I used to get to the zone and find more mcflys.

if you're having trouble with McFly; here's a simple set of guidelines you can follow to assemble a team to fight him

1: Unless you are running a 190+bp AA form with a competitive skillset, it is generally advisable to use agility
2: when using agility; try to use an agility monster which allows you to retain species combo
3: if possible; retain winged combo when using an agility A (for that reason; the best anti-McFly budget teams are winged are winged brutes and wyrms which have winged agi hybrid options)

note: the emphasis upon agi, wings, and species are for the following reasons.

Agi: the obvious difficulty in facing mcfly with an AA team is that McFly will attack first. This can be highly problematic for offensively oriented teams (lack of def skills), and winged formations (with inherently low health/def relative to atk). Agi grants first strike; which is necessary to beat McFly unless you have a high combo highbp form with a competitive skillset

The problem with hybridization for Agility is a loss of combos; which translates to a loss of stats; the most problematic of which in this scenario is attack, as McFly's team are relatively high health in comparison to an average AA team, and you are now fighting it with the attack of an AA/A team

Species: should if at all possible be retained for overall good stat bonuses

Wings: should if at all possible be retained for excellent attack bonus

Here's a simple sample formation I've been using against McFly for at least several events; the more affluent of you players out there can probably buy one just like it on a whim as it isn't at all expensive, and has a nearly perfect success rate against McFly (this event's "harder one" included)

Ash/Banished/MoonC(DEA)/Raminas/Lind

Which was actually just an upgrade of my old anti-McFly formation of

Raminas/Banished/MoonC(DEA)/Gorger(HealtP)/Lind

which was equally successful while I was using it, but I swapped Gorger out for Ash because well, I bought an ash, and also since ash has IPA, and is good to have on offense when first-striking against McFly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: the pm system on the forum is on the fritz, incoming and outgoing messages are not always delivered.
For guaranteed communication just reply to the post or message me in-game. Thank You.

Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
General
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Detroitiger on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:57 pm

I fought Mcfly with Agility up 14 and his group still attacked first.

Detroitiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranagh on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

Detroitiger wrote:I fought Mcfly with Agility up 14 and his group still attacked first.

My Bayard has skill level 17, I presume it has to be at least 15 to make AA+ quicker than AAA+.

And btw, yes I could beat one of these f*****s - near-loss experience but still! Had to resort using different combo of relicas (dodge up + enemy acc down in exchange of party health/atk up). Never thought that I'd end up finding dodge skill useful...

I suppose it would make these confrontations much easier if I got my covert brute formation ready for battle, but until that I have to use my 5 species combo (what with them having best skill sets etc...)

Dranagh

Back to top Go down

Post by borix on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:19 am

Just had an encounter with McFly and put my Marbas (agi up 14) in, went first and WON. Very Happy

I was really annoyed when I lost the first few encounters because last event with McFly was the first time I had an AA+ form that could beat him. So now things had changed and this really bummed me.

But now it seems I have a chance again. Won a dark summon :roll:but I WON!

Edit: won 3 times now with Horns of Hell+, Axis of Ani+, Earths demise+, Flaming Fists+ and Marbas A+. Double checked skill level and it is 14 and I went first all 3 times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHat Fr LEADER!!!!

Bro

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by Detroitiger on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I fought Mcfly 2x more since my last post.  I fought him with my A+ group I've been using for many levels...agility up 15 now and Mcfly still went first.

Second time, I changed out 2 of my A+ for 3 AA+ i've been working on and my two AA+ went first (left agility monster in formation), but my remaining A+ monsters didn't go first.  Guess A+ needs more agility to go first against AAA, which I don't get.

Detroitiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Detroitiger wrote:I fought Mcfly 2x more since my last post.  I fought him with my A+ group I've been using for many levels...agility up 15 now and Mcfly still went first.

Second time, I changed out 2 of my A+ for 3 AA+ i've been working on and my two AA+ went first (left agility monster in formation), but my remaining A+ monsters didn't go first.  Guess A+ needs more agility to go first against AAA, which I don't get.

Ah, that makes sense.  I think the comments earlier were regarding adding a single A+ AGI card in with an AA+ form.  Even with AGI(20) my AA+ go first, then his guys, then my A+ would go (if he were alive lol)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something Smile

Drop me an email or message me:  darkSummonerTrader_68@hotmail.com
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Does anyone know if McFly has a specific first target? Like if he always tries to hit lowest level enemy first, or anything like that?

Just curious if anyone has seen a pattern, or if it's random.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by byce80 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:33 pm

believe it's always random

byce80

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 pm

I fought him with Agi(13) and 4 AA+ and he went first.  Now that I'm Agi(14), I'm hoping I get the first shot.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by Detroitiger on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Has anyone gotten an AA or better monster from an ultimate tentaloid?  I've only seen rank A's from capture or from when you fail and it let's you know what monster escaped.

If you did get a rank AA or better from a tentaloid do you recall what floor it was?  Just curious if the chance to get better than rank A comes into play on super high level floors.

Probably better to sell my epic shell for 1 or 2 ep's.

Detroitiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 pm

One of my clan mates got the wyrm on the 1st or 2nd day. I generally don't pay attention, but I noticed I missed an Odin. Didn't feel very bad.
And I will buy all the shells you have at 1ep each.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 pm

I got a formless nyar the first day of the event from the first try for free one...I didn't know whether to be excited or disappointed.  Sold for 1 ep wooo.  All other shells I've used have produced nothing of note.  Did get a banished in the last event though.  So the odds are low but not impossibly so.

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by LazyStevz on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:30 pm

I got heavily burnt the last event with capture items. I think I had a total of 30 and not 1 decent card out of the pool. In some way you're better investing the SP into pots.

LazyStevz

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:57 pm

I never liked these capture item events, the only reason why I play them is for the bonus exp for lvling and the occassional free item when you beat a boss.  I hardly even invest ep or getting items for such an event, feels like a waste of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lt. Colonel of JestersOfDestruction
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top