Clan Wars 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Clan Wars 2

Post by Bender214 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am

Too pricey for me Wink 4 out of 5 I ranked for, so it was a pretty easy transition. I would actually prefer a completely grounded team, as most of the ppl I battle with have some nasty anti wing relics. Skills are IPA, DED, DEA, demon down and health on niza. Health up and +15% HP from relics boosts the only "low" stat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:33 am

Basing the rankings on CP would have made clan wars 100% about how much bp was used, which I think no one wants. I have no problems with how the rankings and matches were done. It required strategy, discipline and unity as a clan. Strong forms also played a role, not only on offense, but defense as well. I prefer how they did it, as it was less about deep pockets and burning bp and more about having a good war plan and being able to strike hard when needed..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by KrystaK on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:45 pm

I am sorry bender I disagree a clan that ranked in the top 10 that only had 150k cp didn't belong there.  There was no strat to that it was pure dumb luck.    They could of very well of made the wins be a multiplier or something but flat out disregarding cp except for tiebreakers was really unfair. 

There was no stratagy to this it was whoever you were matched up with .  It was luck plain and simple.  There was no guarantee if you spend x value you would get so and so for an opponent.  The event was broken plain and simple that several top 20 teams wouldn't of lasted 5 minutes against clans several spots below them. This event was about finding out what clans are the best not luck of the draw.

KrystaK

Back to top Go down

Post by byce80 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24 pm

i would've liked it, if victory points were converted to cp at the end to decide ranking. that way ppl that worked hard will still rank pretty well. the ppl that abused the system wouldn't oust clans that worked hard. it does give leverage to ppl that spammed their bp's but i would still rather have that than the current system.

byce80

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Umm. There wasn't luck to who you were matched with. I actually strategized our battle plan and it worked amazingly well. Especially since they told you your rank after each match. We knew when to sandbag, when to put up points, and honestly, when to throw a match to lose the least points.
We had a modest amount of CP, scoring 80% of it in the last 2 battles, and, simply put, we could've and would've pounded almost every clan with more CP than us, so having more CP shouldn't mean you rank higher..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:24 pm

To make a point.. PE had what, almost double the cp that we did, so should they have been ranked higher?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by byce80 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:30 pm

no, but having 1 more victory point, with a total of 50k cp shouldn't mean they're ranked higher than someone with 1 less point and 1mil cp either. is why i said victory pts should been coverted somehow to cp so u get a fat boost for victory pts w/o having to burn as much for cp. also would've preferred battles to have all the same point value or just go by win-lose record. the way it was, once u start ranking pretty high, you throw your 1-2 pt battle to get easier battles the rest of the day.

byce80

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerStrike on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:33 pm

I disagree.  All events require EP/BP usage.  You spend the most EP/BP and you rank higher.  Every ranking event requires that except for Clan Wars.  If you spend the most BP to get CP, you should rank higher. Win loss should factor in it but not if their matching system based it on your last BP usage.  That mean top ranks teams are beating each other out while light weight teams slide by because they almost never fight a top team which is pure stupid.

If you want to solve the problem, have your point score multiplied by team total CP.  Teams that spend the most should be higher ranks like all other events.

I can't see how a 4000cp team out ranks a 1.2 million cp team.  That is plain stupid if you think that is sound logic.

TigerStrike

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:51 pm

I think it should stay as is.  If CP is the ranking there's no incentive to try in any specific battle.  Just pick a couple to go nuts on with crazy combos and ignoring the other battles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something Smile

Drop me an email or message me:  darkSummonerTrader_68@hotmail.com
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:52 pm

If it was longer, like the first one, it would've sorted itself out. The low CP teams would've been beaten and pushed out of rankings.
However, clan wars isnt about which clan can spend the most. Wow, #1 had the deepest pockets!! They are the best!
Of course the people that had 4th highest CP wouldn't feel the same way. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by byce80 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:39 pm

if it went longer that may have fixed it. but this is ds we're talking about deeper pockets usually means win. it makes more sense to me than, put in little effort beating weak clans for a win. no i don't think highest cp should win it all. also why i mentioned victory pts should be a cp value so u could spend little in battles but still have a decent cp total. but i don't see how 38pts with 160k cp should be ranked higher than clans with 37pts and 3mil cp. the system just has lots of flaws.

byce80

Back to top Go down

Post by mojo - Wings on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Well look at it this way: if the Yankees win the first game 18-0, and lose the next two 1-0, who won the series? Does it matter that they scored 9 times as many runs?

Sure, the clan wars setup has flaws, but it's either going to be a flawed system, or it's going to be an event that only a dozen clans care about, and the rest will tune out. In terms of keeping people engaged from start to finish, clan wars is probably DS's most successful event... but yes, this is coming at the expense of those who are used to dumping their bottomless bag of potions into an event to get what they want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mojo - Wings

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:52 pm

+1 to the post above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly

*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:55 pm

I agree with Mojo, CP shouldn't really be a factor.  My clan doesn't have the resources to score 600k cp every match.  But if we can beat a clan, and keep bp consumption low, we're going to do that.  I'd be interested to see with all those high CP clans, what their win margins were.  Because any extra over winning by 1 cp is basically waste.

Last edited by EdwardStarbuck on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : redundant and grammar usage)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SQUIRRELS DIVIDED
SQUIRRELS UNITED

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by byce80 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Mojo lets be real, clan war2 was possible to get matched up with Astros quality clans and throw away a couple low valued matchups in the morning. and place top 10. i think the matchups would've worked out better if it weren't different values and the matchup system wasn't so basic, 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6 etc however it was. and matched up according to wins - losses sort of like a bracket setting.

byce80

Back to top Go down

Post by LazyStevz on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:01 pm

mojo - Wings wrote:Well look at it this way: if the Yankees win the first game 18-0, and lose the next two 1-0, who won the series?  Does it matter that they scored 9 times as many runs?  

Sure, the clan wars setup has flaws, but it's either going to be a flawed system, or it's going to be an event that only a dozen clans care about, and the rest will tune out.  In terms of keeping people engaged from start to finish, clan wars is probably DS's most successful event... but yes, this is coming at the expense of those who are used to dumping their bottomless bag of potions into an event to get what they want.

There is a major flaw though. There are requirements to receive rewards which is most likely why anyone bothered to compete in the first place.

Now the clan I'm in really didn't compete. We made 12k CP total. Imagine if we had won all of our matches with that CP total and ranked into the top 10. Not only are we ineligible for the pro rank prizes but another clan who's members reached that requirement lose out.

If anything A-Team needed to switch the requirements to properly reflect what mattered. That's the main reason why so many are angry with the outcome.

LazyStevz

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicAscendant on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 pm

However, clan wars isnt about which clan can spend the most. Wow, #1 had the deepest pockets!! They are the best!
Of course the people that had 4th highest CP wouldn't feel the same way.
Never said it should purely be based off of bp spent or cp gained. We planned, role called, figured out strategies and all that, and of course spent bp to be pushed behind a handful of clans whose members didn't even have the cp required to get the AAA rewards. There were others that deserved to be there, and I have no problem with that.

If it was longer, like the first one, it would've sorted itself out. The low CP teams would've been beaten and pushed out of rankings. 

So why not accommodate that and make cp play a larger role? It's rather silly when all those that spent and planned get beaten out by others that can't even claim the rewards.

There wasn't luck to who you were matched with.
So there's another explanation for the low cp clans in top rankings? They strategized a plan and got 10 cp against the inactive clans they were matched with numerous times?

All that said, the event probably would have made more sense (to me) if rankings were determined by both cp and score points. I'd be saying this even if we were in the top ten, as the low cp clans would still be there and still not getting rewards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to add me, private message me first. Thanks.
You can also find me commonly online on steam: NordicAscendant
NordicAscendant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:54 pm

There is another explanation to why the low CP clans are in the top 10. Smile It's because more than a few of us threw our low pt matches to them to avoid losing big matches to PU. We lost to Uchiha at noon, and I believe the Chinese clan lost to Serenity. Strategy played into those decisions. On the final day we were #2 for the morning match and faced PU, we only dropped to #5. Instead of being ranked #2 again for an evening match we threw the match to Uchiha and dropped to #13, we then got Squirrels and PE. So really those low CP did "beat" some big clans. Because of that, we also forced Apoc into being #2 early, losing to PU and out of top rankings, but better them than us. Wink I'm sure PE would've been top 10 as well, because they would not have faced us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:48 pm

mojo - Wings wrote:Well look at it this way: if the Yankees win the first game 18-0, and lose the next two 1-0, who won the series?  Does it matter that they scored 9 times as many runs?  

Sure, the clan wars setup has flaws, but it's either going to be a flawed system, or it's going to be an event that only a dozen clans care about, and the rest will tune out.  In terms of keeping people engaged from start to finish, clan wars is probably DS's most successful event... but yes, this is coming at the expense of those who are used to dumping their bottomless bag of potions into an event to get what they want.

If MLB runs the matches like Ateam then Yankees will win the series because their first match would give out 3 points while 2 game they lost would give their opponent worth 1 point fore each game.   Does anyone really know other team out played the Yankees or the Yankees just took 2 games off so they won't have to face PU?  

1 way to fix this flaws is to count every game the same and don't let anyone change the clan middle of the clan wars.  

We got beat by a bunch of mercenaries that change the clan last day.   I looked up the clan that beat us  in the last battle.  They only have 14 members now.  I looked at them right after the battle (since their general rank, easily to look them up) they had full 33 members.   I am not saying we would have won if they didn't have those mercenaries but at least it would not look as bad as how it ended.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top