The Truth About Multiple Accounts & Trading/Gifting Limitations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Truth About Multiple Accounts & Trading/Gifting Limitations

Post by Jewelguy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:21 am

Contrary to what many may believe, multiple, or alt accounts, are NOT ALLOWED. Here is Dark Rebirth's response to the limit on trading & gifting copied from their FB page (pretty sure that this is also the main reason behind DS's trade/gift limits):

After reading the feedback posted here, the team would like to directly address the comments regarding Trading and Gifting:

We would like to acknowledge that we understand some of the dissatisfaction we hear from players with the limits on Trading and Gifting. These limits are in place to prevent abuse of in-game systems by some players that create multiple accounts to obtain an unfair advantage. We will continue to hunt down and remove any such players that we find, while providing in-game functions that offer what we believe is a fair balance for every single honest player to enjoy daily. Keep in mind that your feedback is always taken into consideration by the development team, and your patience is appreciated while we continue to work on the providing the best game experience for all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
Jewelguy

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: The Truth About Multiple Accounts & Trading/Gifting Limitations

Post by hgrubandT on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 am

Didn't know that. I better delete all other accounts on my iPad and old iPhones then. And play other games on those devices in stead of ds
Thanks for the info man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by keljaeden on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 am

They sure like to give each other high fives and brag about their X million anniversary downloads with those fake accounts. This is nothing more than damage control for their greediness. You think the players with bots, ems, and dozens of accounts just wont make more?

The only thing the restrictions do is annoy the mortal hell out of legitimate players. It's like how DVD's have five minutes of content that you can not skip and are forced to watch, telling you not to pirate movies. I just paid for the damn thing, why are you telling me this?

keljaeden

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:09 pm

keljaeden wrote:They sure like to give each other high fives and brag about their X million anniversary downloads with those fake accounts. This is nothing more than damage control for their greediness. You think the players with bots, ems, and dozens of accounts just wont make more?

The only thing the restrictions do is annoy the mortal hell out of legitimate players. It's like how DVD's have five minutes of content that you can not skip and are forced to watch, telling you not to pirate movies. I just paid for the damn thing, why are you telling me this?

dvds are dead Razz

who knows what's next?

and trading/gifting limits does not affect multiple account users negatively in any way. If I wanted to make 200 accounts and just log in to them for stamps and free dark summons from stamps, I can still gift anything I like to my main account. Maybe just 5 things a day, but the only thing that would do is encourage me to make even MORE alts to increase 'bandwidth' (with 2 alts, my main can get 10 free SoEs, dark summons, skill stacks, etc... with 4, I can get 20, etc...)

If anything, I would say that this hard-cap limit encourages alts more than anything else. more accounts = more trades daily, more liquidity of stockpiled goods (e.g. SoE for fast maxing, sending 5 over with 1 alt, or 50 over with 5)

no matter how PR can try to spin it, trade restrictions are objectively bad.

they can grasp at straws all they want, but this is like trying to justify having sex with animals to cure AIDS, or communism.

and sure it's a free country/world, so you can do whatever you want. but at least have the goddamn decency to be honest about why you're doing it. I'd have far more respect for the communist sticking his dick in a goat who says he's a sick powerhungry bastard who does what he wants when he wants than the one claiming it's actually for our own good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: the pm system on the forum is on the fritz, incoming and outgoing messages are not always delivered.
For guaranteed communication just reply to the post or message me in-game. Thank You.

Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
General
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Btw- I think they still can't find a way to find people who use bot then how the hell can they find people with multiple accounts?
Btw-goats are lovely

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 pm

larry378 wrote:goats

hgrubandT wrote:goats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monster Corp. (26818537)
- A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
Lieutenant ❚❚

Need a new AA+? Why not Zoidberg?
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix00 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:33 pm

another useless post started ...

we ALL know that multiples accounts are not allowed.

this explanation really does nothing to explain why they limited player to player trading when its a freaking TRADING CARD GAME

all they did was effectively kill the game playing experience for many active players that trade cards, stacks, souls, etc on a daily basis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* My first +M(20) form back when Victoria was actually rare, the good old days.*

Fenix00

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:50 pm

I know for the fact that even Ateam's employees who play the game have alts.  So Ateam does not care about alts and has no plan to do anything about it.  You can easily use a C cards to pass up to 5 cards using 1 ticket between main and alts.  Limiting trade does not discourage alts use.  

What they care about is people announcing 'they made thousands of ep while spending $0' on their intro.  They simply want to limit the players ability to make ep (game currency) without spending any real $.   Most are not dishonest players.  They just spend time and hustle more than other players.  Since they are not breaking any game rule, Ateam cannot say they are trying to limit those players action.  So they came up with this BS.  

By the way, what is their execute for not allow crystal trade (but you can gift)?  Selling Crystal was an easiest way for noob to make eps.  I would not be where I am in game without selling crystals.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by MR.C on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Dude, everybody knows this is bull.  Otherwise you could still trade/sell progs and rewards during the event to recoup cost during events.  You could sell crystals to make ep.  Ateam is doing everything possible to make real money expenditures a necessity.

MR.C

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Scratch102 wrote:
larry378 wrote:goats

hgrubandT wrote:goats

Observe the goat in its natural habitat happy and carefree

Every time somebody supports A-Team, a goat is sodomized

now observe this poor little goat that's sad and hiding behind a rock because it was sodomized

Say no to shitty trade restrictions

Say no to goat sodomy

it is wrong

This Ad paid for by the Commission to end Goat Sodomy©

Last edited by larry378 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: the pm system on the forum is on the fritz, incoming and outgoing messages are not always delivered.
For guaranteed communication just reply to the post or message me in-game. Thank You.

Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
General
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by sel on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Rubbish discussion

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by JSOG on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 am

zzz1998 wrote:I know for the fact that even Ateam's employees who play the game have alts.  So Ateam does not care about alts and has no plan to do anything about it.  You can easily use a C cards to pass up to 5 cards using 1 ticket between main and alts.  Limiting trade does not discourage alts use.  

I see this all the time. I fully maxed 200+bp AA+ team and all for only one violet kobold! What a generous trader .

Ateams ONLY motivation is getting people to spend money. PERIOD. Those of you who think they give a dam are sadly mistaken. Their only concern is keeping the player mildly amused and desiring to spend. THATS IT PEOPLE! Wake the F up! Stop wasting your hard earned money on this garbage. Its nothing more than a money pit.

Ateam is a money making business NOT an amusement game company.

JSOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 am

I can honestly say that for once I agree with you all. The fact simply is that Ateam probably is trying what they can to get as many players as possible to spend real $. Players who play without spending any money certainly isn't paying their bills. And the games are (thankfully) ad-free. Quite frankly, Ateam needs the real money players & is not helped financially by players who don't spend anything. Yet they use the fact that their games are free-to-play to attract new players hoping that they'll spend real money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:47 pm

I only have one account, that other one is my twin brothers device... Really.. yep.
Imho, by limiting trade tickets, they made it even better to have Alts. You get 5 trades a day? Oh, I get 15. Yaa!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by lennon_68 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:55 pm

zzz1998 wrote:
By the way, what is their execute for not allow crystal trade (but you can gift)?  Selling Crystal was an easiest way for noob to make eps.  I would not be where I am in game without selling crystals.

My guess would be to discourage bots farming crystals?

I still don't get what the rub is on A-team trying to get people to spend $... this is 'Murica where capitalism is king after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something Smile

Drop me an email or message me:  darkSummonerTrader_68@hotmail.com
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by JSOG on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Jewelguy wrote:I can honestly say that for once I agree with you all. The fact simply is that Ateam probably is trying what they can to get as many players as possible to spend real $. Players who play without spending any money certainly isn't paying their bills. And the games are (thankfully) ad-free. Quite frankly, Ateam needs the real money players & is not helped financially by players who don't spend anything. Yet they use the fact that their games are free-to-play to attract new players hoping that they'll spend real money.

Thank you for this reply jg. With it, I also must apologize about some of the things I've said about/to you. This reply gave me a fresh look at you and if it is truly how you feel, then we are on the same page. 
I used to play up to 6 hours a day. Now maybe 10 minutes. Its lost all its appeal. Why would I spend real money to buy 500ep to rank top 500 for a monster thats only worth 50? Its a loose /loose for all players now. I'd love to know how many active players they lost in the past month. I bet anything its at least 10,000

JSOG

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:14 pm

This has always been my biggest issue.  Investing actual money into this game never seemed like it would make any sort of return on investment.  And more importantly, I've not agreed with many of Ateam's changes and decisions of various sorts.  I'm a huge... HUGE advocate of supporting developers.  I love Kickstarter, I only buy games new.  And I drop money on F2P games for no other reason that supporting the devs.

Ateam just... wants money.  And I feel like they're giving me nothing in return, and I don't agree with their design and direction anymore.

When they do things that make sense (like severely reducing the rewards from that first Black Fortune Card event) because it was overpowered, but then spinning it like they're giving us manna from heaven (Greatly improved rewards!  Other BS!) it just... It upsets me greatly.

Don't get me wrong - I wanted to spend money on DS while I was playing.  But it was like Ateam wanted to rape my wallet rather than be satisfied with something more reasonable.

I feel like there's a big disconnect between paying for F2P in the US vs Japan, and in the end, the Japan market style wins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Main Wanzer - 2427735606
Alt#1 Vijari - 1483699905
Alt#2 Unmanned Pants - 2201605517

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix00 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 pm

darksummonerTrader_68 wrote:
I still don't get what the rub is on A-team trying to get people to spend $... this is 'Murica where capitalism is king after all.

Because their greed took over and for many of us who've been playing this game for a long long time, It's sad to see a once fun game that I was more than happy to fund with the occasional Dark Summon Pack or Treasure Chest turn around and take my money to limit my game playing experience.

Do I keep paying into games that take AWAY features, certainly not. That's why I purchased my last soul points a few months ago and I don't see myself buying them again unless they fix a couple of huge mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* My first +M(20) form back when Victoria was actually rare, the good old days.*

Fenix00

Back to top Go down

Post by Viriathus on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 pm

p2mc28 wrote:When they do things that make sense (like severely reducing the rewards from that first Black Fortune Card event) because it was overpowered, but then spinning it like they're giving us manna from heaven (Greatly improved rewards!  Other BS!) it just... It upsets me greatly.

This was probably one of the biggest disappointments during an event I had ever experienced. I waited with bated breath for the mid-event addition A-Team likes to throw in to mix things up for the rest of the event, but instead they nerfed the heck out of it. That's probably right around the time I first noticed the game starting to lose it's shine for me. Even with all of the potions I stockpiled, it was like A-Team wanted to "correct" it's mistake by releasing lack-luster events to drain our reserves. Crappy Events + Shi**y Rewards = 0% Fun

Viriathus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:22 pm

i agree that they shouldn't switch things up mid-stream 'cuz they made a mistake, but that first black fortune card event was SICK lol. Some of the monsters weren't, but i had so many potions and souls, i was up playing until 1 or 2 am to try and get the rewards until they removed them. That was FUN! lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:16 pm

JSOG wrote:
Jewelguy wrote:I can honestly say that for once I agree with you all. The fact simply is that Ateam probably is trying what they can to get as many players as possible to spend real $. Players who play without spending any money certainly isn't paying their bills. And the games are (thankfully) ad-free. Quite frankly, Ateam needs the real money players & is not helped financially by players who don't spend anything. Yet they use the fact that their games are free-to-play to attract new players hoping that they'll spend real money.

Thank you for this reply jg. With it, I also must apologize about some of the things I've said about/to you. This reply gave me a fresh look at you and if it is truly how you feel, then we are on the same page. 
I used to play up to 6 hours a day. Now maybe 10 minutes. Its lost all its appeal. Why would I spend real money to buy 500ep to rank top 500 for a monster thats only worth 50? Its a loose /loose for all players now. I'd love to know how many active players they lost in the past month. I bet anything its at least 10,000

Thanks JSOG. Much appreciated. It is truly how I feel.

Look at the just-announced War of Legions. It's going to be a big money grabber for Ateam. How? I interpret it as being based on DS's Clan Wars. Clan Wars is an expensive event. Lots of bp used. Hence, Legions will be expensive. Ateam is hoping players will constantly spend money on Legions' bp potions since it is a 7 day a week, 365 days 'event'. One reason I won't be playing it. I am also not spending money on Clan Wars 2 either.

Ateam is not commiting any crimes. They are not doing anything wrong. They have to try to pay the bills. But we have the complete right to not spend money if we don't want to. In fact, it's a smart idea to know when not to spend real money so we don't end up in the "poor house".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:20 pm

I'd rather have ads than the new changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SQUIRRELS DIVIDED
SQUIRRELS UNITED

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Ologolos wrote:i agree that they shouldn't switch things up mid-stream 'cuz they made a mistake, but that first black fortune card event was SICK lol. Some of the monsters weren't, but i had so many potions and souls, i was up playing until 1 or 2 am to try and get the rewards until they removed them. That was FUN! lol.

Yeah, I know they gave out a lot of rewards, but it was probably the most fun I've had on Dark Summoner.  I was hoping that they'd toss in a stock up event like that once in a while so all players can chase rank or contribute to clan events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SQUIRRELS DIVIDED
SQUIRRELS UNITED

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Viriathus on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 pm

EdwardStarbuck wrote:
 Yeah, I know they gave out a lot of rewards, but it was probably the most fun I've had on Dark Summoner.  I was hoping that they'd toss in a stock up event like that once in a while so all players can chase rank or contribute to clan events.

Agreed. Definitely the most fun event I've taken part in.

Viriathus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, I'm out. DS that is. It's too much to play DS & Rebirth. Plus, I'm spending too much for SPs for both games. I really enjoy Rebirth more than DS so I am retiring/quitting DS. I will only play Rebirth. Hopefully my decision works out because I do experience frequent freezing problems in Rebirth. But luckily when it happens & redo the quest I froze in, I don't lose any ep for redoing it. So I am not out ep for the quest that was canceled due to frozen phone. And I have played DS every day since October 2012 when I first started playing. Goodbye DS, I will truky miss u.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content