IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Jewelguy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 am

To my fellow ds-forum members,

This forum comprises Dark Summoner players who, the majority hate Ateam and either:
a. hate me because they think that I work for Ateam or,
b. don't think I work for Ateam but hate me because I side with them.

The small (very small) minority who don't fall under that category can disregard the rest of this message.

To the rest,

What is the purpose of this forum? To discuss as a community the goings-on of DS. That includes posting news items that relate to DS such as announced future events. Which is exactly what I have been doing. Many other members have done the same. It's basically who posts first. Why must I apparently work for Ateam by posting what others post as well? You'd probably answer that it's the way I post. Well, all I'm doing is posting the info factually as mentioned in-game. You'd probably say that I find little, if any, fault in Ateam; that I come across as a "cheerleader" for Ateam of sorts. Well, while there are a few changes I do feel need to be made by Ateam, I believe Ateam overall is doing a fine job. And I believe Ateam deserves more credit than they are given on this forum. That does NOT make me an Ateam "mole". Just a person who enjoys playing DS and Rebirth who when something in-game does not go the way he'd like does not let it dampen his spirit but just "rolls with the punches" and turns lemons into lemonade. I change my strategy to accommodate the changes.
I truly believe that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. If you love or hate what is going on in DS, that is your opinion and I totally respect it. I am not argueing that. All I am asking is for your respect just as I am giving you my respect.
I will take advice given to me in another topic on this forum and not share anymore personal information on my life. But I can assure you I don't have any affiliation in any way, shape, or form with Ateam.
Will I discontinue posting news stories about the current game events? Will I "give it a rest" as I have also been advised to do in several instances? No way. I will continue to do so and NOTHING WILL STOP ME. Why? Because I enjoy it just like I enjoy DS and Rebirth. I am entitled to my opinion of DS/Rebirth. And I still enjoy playing. I do not think recent changes have ruined the game. And that opinion does not necessarily make me a secret Ateam agent. And that opinion does not necessarily make me an Ateam buttkisser. I am entitled to enjoy the game if I like. It's my opinion. It's my life. I respect your opinions. Please respect mine. If not, you can kiss my not-so-hairy butt cheeks. I am NOT backing down. And, finally...

I love Dark Summoner and Dark Rebirth!
Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by echoside on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 am

This is not an important message, and nobody cares.

echoside

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by HelloKitty on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 am

echoside wrote:This is not an important message, and nobody cares.

 Agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
HelloKitty

Posts : 151
Join date : 2012-11-24

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Jewelguy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 pm

HeroBaby wrote:
echoside wrote:This is not an important message, and nobody cares.

 Agreed.


I am just asking for some RESPECT. Okay? Is that too much to ask? Is that too much to expect? You say nobody cares. Don't you care about other people's feelings?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by lennon_68 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm with ya Jewelguy.  Not sure why so many people frequent this forum just to bash the game/Ateam?  Some kind of weird love/hate relationship or something I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always trading something Smile

Drop me an email or message me:  darkSummonerTrader_68@hotmail.com
Or send an ally request to 2735496899 (king woobie)

lennon_68

Posts : 140
Join date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by keljaeden on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 pm

I think people give you a hard time because you never acknowledge faults with the games. Yes, you can list them in a bullet point style to try and sound unbiased, but your other post drown them out. Loudly. More so when you act like a living RSS feed for the game. Or someone on wiki 24/7, just so they can be the first to update a major world event.

Dark summoner, I don't mind so much, it once was a pretty good game, but Dark Rebirth, yikes. I can not wrap my head around the fact someone finds it enjoyable. It's not just a matter of different taste. The game has so many flaws it's hard to keep count, it's absolutely atrocious.

So when you come here like a cheerleader for the game, people think of you as an A-team plat. Do I think you're a shill? No. And while you do ramble about mundane information on Dark Summoner, I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose you with aspergers syndrome.

Personally, I think you're just the text book definition of the word Fanboy.

keljaeden

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by HelloKitty on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:55 pm

I am just asking for some RESPECT. Okay? Is that too much to ask? Is that too much to expect? You say nobody cares. Don't you care about other people's feelings?

 You're soooo annoying.  I have never said anything about you on a personal level.  I have just disagreed with that fact that you only see the good side to Ateam, and not the bad choices they make.  I don't agree with people attacking you on a personal level, but you're just perpetuating it now.  So many people are going to be annoyed with you about this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
HelloKitty

Posts : 151
Join date : 2012-11-24

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by ryesteve on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

When you drive past a bull pasture, do you have an uncontrollable urge to get out of your car, hop the fence, and run around waving a red cape?

I'm thinking, yeah...

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Jewelguy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:28 pm

HeroBaby wrote:
I am just asking for some RESPECT. Okay? Is that too much to ask? Is that too much to expect? You say nobody cares. Don't you care about other people's feelings?

 You're soooo annoying.  I have never said anything about you on a personal level.  I have just disagreed with that fact that you only see the good side to Ateam, and not the bad choices they make.  I don't agree with people attacking you on a personal level, but you're just perpetuating it now.  So many people are going to be annoyed with you about this thread.


I want to apologize for sounding/being annoying. That was/is not my intention.

But, just as you have the complete right to disagree with me concerning the game and, just as anyone has the complete right to speak their mind good or bad here on the forum, I have the complete right to speak my mind good or bad.

I will continue to speak my mind BUT will try my extreme darnedest not to annoy anyone anymore. Scouts honor on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Canabliss on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Jewelguy wrote:
HeroBaby wrote:
echoside wrote:This is not an important message, and nobody cares.

 Agreed.


I am just asking for some RESPECT. Okay? Is that too much to ask? Is that too much to expect? You say nobody cares. Don't you care about other people's feelings?
I rarely post here but I will say if you have to ask for respect, then you probly don't deserve it. Personally I think the game is going downhill fast. I'm not on here posting it everyday. Give it a rest bro you sound like a tool. And FYI I don't think you work for a team I just think you are one of those people who are super motivated to spread your opinions, which is fine, just maybe pick a better place to do it. Because all you will get here is more hate because frankly you are annoying

Canabliss

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by larry378 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 pm

any mods around? this should be in Off-Topic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: the pm system on the forum is on the fritz, incoming and outgoing messages are not always delivered.
For guaranteed communication just reply to the post or message me in-game. Thank You.


Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
General
avatar
larry378

Posts : 927
Join date : 2012-08-17
Location : Riding a missile waving a cowboy hat

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by capinmorgon on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:04 pm

I could care less about you or your oppinions, but i AM tired of seeing your butt-hurt rants! Either ignore people or stop posting. If other people will post the same shit whats it matter anyways.
avatar
capinmorgon

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-02-18
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by NordicAscendant on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:09 pm

While I understand where you're coming from, it can be rather overwhelming when you post so many updates about both games. Is it against the rules of the forum? No. Can people get annoyed by it? Yes. Just understand that some forum users don't want to see all these topics and updates. That's about it for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to add me, private message me first. Thanks.
You can also find me commonly online on steam: NordicAscendant
avatar
NordicAscendant

Posts : 68
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Viriathus on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Just an observation,

It would appear those that give you the most crap are those who most might consider the "Vets" of the forum. Those who don't need/require any insight/info into the realm of DS, because there's nothing new under the sun(in game) that they haven't already experienced. Just realize that more than likely there are far more people that are new or casual players(that never post and only read) that frequent this forum seeking information about the game(that's why I originally came here) and not to "troll" other members. This mob mentality to attack the messenger(A-Team or not) is kind of ridiculous. Would you attack Walter Kronkite(sp?) for telling the news? Many have said "It's how he says it", I've been reading a lot of Jewelguy's posts lately and although it's apparent he likes these games, I've never taken from the posts that he was trying to sway people's opinion of the games. I've never sensed an ulterior motive. I understand that each of you has the right to  harass(troll) Jewelguy's threads, just as he has the right to post new ones, but is there really any point to it? Isn't more beneficial to the community as a whole to let those who can glean whatever information possible from ds-forum without having to sift through this constant flow of hate towards one member who I honestly only see trying to enlighten those not already in the know? All of you who judge, what have you contributed to the forum? Surely some of you have done something positive here, but not all of you.

Viriathus

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by echoside on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Viri, it's the threads like this one that annoy me, pointless. Like Larry said this should be in off-topic as it has nothing to do with the game.

echoside

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Viriathus on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Agreed, this isn't an "Important Message" for DS, but I've wanted to reply to this issue regarding Jewelguy for a while now and this was the most recent post still being viewed to do so.

Viriathus

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by EdwardStarbuck on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:56 pm

If you have to post a thread on a forum begging for respect, it's probably time to find yourself a new forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SQUIRRELS DIVIDED
SQUIRRELS UNITED

EdwardStarbuck

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by episparh on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 am

Respect is always freely given. Wanting a respect is the fastest way to loose what you have earned or was freely given. 

Well, did not read further ... and frankly , I do NOT care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the end the children cried
That the jackal surely lied
When he said please listen all
Do not look behind these walls
avatar
episparh

Posts : 166
Join date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by JessicaMD on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm

episparh wrote:Respect is always freely given. Wanting a respect is the fastest way to loose what you have earned or was freely given. 

Well, did not read further ... and frankly , I do NOT care.

Shocked 
I thought it was the other way around lol

Respect is never freely given, but earned.

to quote wikipedia

"Respect is also something that is earned by the standards of the particular society in which one lives. Respect cannot be measured as a quantity, cannot be bought or traded, it is one of those things that is earned and built over time, but that can be lost with one stupid or inconsiderate act. One can ask or beg for respect, but only others can bestow us with respect as a result of their perceived treatment by us."

I don't think all these shitty updates are good for the game, and I do feel like a lot of people here on this forum are seriously overreacting... I mean it's a fun little free game, and if it's not fun anymore then no worries... since it's well y'know free.

but jewelguy, on the internet like everywhere else, if you take a hardline stance against popular opinion; people aren't going to like you.

and even in regards to the people who do not fall into category a or b (such as myself; have you seen me actively attacking you in any threads?); your tendency to continue "poking the bear" isn't doing your position any favors.

let me just say like you did that there are two kinds of people on the forum
A. people who are unhappy with the updates and unhappy with you for supporting the updates
B. you

I agree with A's position (the updates ARE shitty), but I disagree with their methods (i.e. I have better things to do than go downrate DR, DS, and attack you online)

I do not agree with B's position (the updates ARE shitty), and I also disagree with your method of continually inviting more argument and conflict. you're like bruce willis in die hard 3 walking around harlem wearing that sign; and that's not going to get you any pity or respect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
Lieutenant ❚❚
cat Visit The DS-Forum Official Funny Cat Picture Thread! cat
http://www.ds-forum.com/t11084-funny-cat-picture-thread
avatar
JessicaMD

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by EdwardStarbuck on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:07 pm

You're right, Jessica, guy is a total beta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SQUIRRELS DIVIDED
SQUIRRELS UNITED

EdwardStarbuck

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE! PLEASE READ!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum