Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

+51
Event Horizon
ailarius
Marked0001
K0ta
Panda987
TigerStrike
zzz1998
Jin_HD
X3R0N
ChickenNecker
Deathwish
gf2013
Ologolos
NghiaLe
Will22
Spit_
JessicaMD
South.sin
FrankF
faithnomorex
pacer0928
SwtLaotiaNix7
qwersjc
bbr
Grendel
Scratch102
JSOG
The Skill
bacsiha
HelloKitty
Billly
Xcalibre
ryesteve
verbalkintify
MR.C
Armitaage
WorpeX
XJF
EdwardStarbuck
Ardios
Dagodz
hgrubandT
rathmorg
robinsonsteve62
Lisu
Deathblob
Noc3
B$
Demoni
applesauce
Jewelguy
55 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 4 Empty Re: Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

Post by Grendel Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 pm

ryesteve wrote:What rank are you at now? This event seems pretty rough for lv85

2238 but at least i am trying xD

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 4 Empty Re: Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

Post by bbr Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:45 pm

applesauce wrote:tyranny winged brute with impulse down for ranking reward? instantly decide to go for it. lolol, all other stuff=bonus Smile

Any estimated value of the AA moster?
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

bbr wrote:
applesauce wrote:tyranny winged brute with impulse down for ranking reward? instantly decide to go for it. lolol, all other stuff=bonus Smile

Any estimated value of the AA moster?

anyone ranking will also have gotten ges from the summons so reg will be rare indeed
600+ should be easy sale

anyone ranked 20 or better wanna tell me what floor they're on?

applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:48 pm

applesauce wrote:

anyone ranking will also have gotten ges from the summons

don't say that.

I'm on Floor 255 which means i got 11 Summoner of Night since Floor 200.
In this 11 Fight i didn't get a single Orb but you need 6 to summon, and the chance to get a GES at the summon is only 1/4.

Let's say i simple have bad luck and in average you get 1 Orb every 10. fight, which means you get a summon every 300 Floors.

So in the worst case scenario you must be at least Floor 1400.

But this calculation can't be done adequate as long as we don't have someone telling us at which Floor he got his first extra summon =)

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xcalibre Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Scratch102 wrote:
WorpeX wrote:Im doing the event for the insane amounts of XP they give you! Need some level ups! Very Happy

Basically that. Since I don't care about the extra xp, i parked myself at floor 49 and just waiting for McFly to show up at 50 then try to cash in on some Death Summoner kills for a few days.

Yay more winged covert wyrms... or right no health up wyrm and Wyrm Down skills coming soon. ... yay.

Refresh my memory, does the prog weaken McFly at all. Just wondering if I should level him up.
Xcalibre
Xcalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 pm

JSOG wrote:This event sucks. Finally made the 4th set at lvl 660! And got the crappy covert AA. Put my prog up for auction. The random summoner rewards stink. REALLY ATEAM 200 ally points? Should I say oh thank you? I feel once your past say floor 500 they should increase dramatically. But I guess they are saving the scams promise of that for the summoner they will add at mid event. I'm getting tired of being sold a song and a dance. And don't get me started on the other scam they got going now. Not one person has summoned an AA from it.

By any chance is your name Genevieve?
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Grendel wrote:
applesauce wrote:

anyone ranking will also have gotten ges from the summons

don't say that.

I'm on Floor 255 which means i got 11 Summoner of Night since Floor 200.
In this 11 Fight i didn't get a single Orb but you need 6 to summon, and the chance to get a GES at the summon is only 1/4.

Let's say i simple have bad luck and in average you get 1 Orb every 10. fight, which means you get a summon every 300 Floors.

So in the worst case scenario you must be at least Floor 1400.

But this calculation can't be done adequate as long as we don't have someone telling us at which Floor he got his first extra summon =)

i said ranking (ie top500), meaning 2500+ floors, chances are at 2500+ floors ull get at least 1 ges. im at 2k and already have 3, u have to have some incredible bad luck to not get a single one.

Xcalibre wrote:
Refresh my memory, does the prog weaken McFly at all. Just wondering if I should level him up.

yes it does
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:36 pm

applesauce wrote:
i said ranking (ie top500), meaning 2500+ floors, chances are at 2500+ floors ull get at least 1 ges. im at 2k and already have 3, u have to have some incredible bad luck to not get a single one.

I see so i just started way to late playing this game, because i will never catch up with guys like you xD

sorry that you have to shout at me but i only started this game in december i didn't expected there to be 500+ ppl with more than 2k floors....

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Grendel wrote:
applesauce wrote:

I see so i just started way to late playing this game, because i will never catch up with guys like you xD

sorry that you have to shout at me but i only started this game in december i didn't expected there to be 500+ ppl with more than 2k floors....

lol im not shouting, was just pointing out that i did clearly say ranking players in my original post and yes in this type of event top500 will absolutly be 2000+ probably 2500-2800
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 pm

applesauce wrote:lol im not shouting

sorry but making something bigger, underlined etc. is the same as using CAPS LOCK or 5 exclamation marks.

If you are writing in a forum or chat all this means shouting.

But thanks for the information with the number of floors i would need to get into top 500 ranking. Smile

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by HelloKitty Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Grendel, don't worry about it. Some experienced players forget that newer players might not know what 'ranking' means. Instead of top 500 ranking. There is lots of lingo it takes time to understand. I got yelled at by someone once because I offered something on their WL. I didn't know what WL=TL meant.
HelloKitty
HelloKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Demoni Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:09 am

Grendel wrote:

We were all new to this game at some point. I was fortunate enough to have a few real friends to give me guidance from the beginning.

I would suggest you don't even worry about trying to rank in an event before you hit lvl 100 or better yet 125. The reason I say that is energy is king and the more energy you have the further ep's go. Kind of lame I know but attempting to rank and failing early on is much worse than not trying in the first place. By making an attempt you are burning your myep. If you do not succeed in getting the top 500 reward it's pretty much a loss. It is however less of a loss these days because of all the prizes that are actually worth ep along the way, vs the old days where the final prize was pretty much the only thing of worth.

The longer you play the better you get and the more the game dynamic makes sense to you. Just like most things in life good things come to those that wait. I first attempted to rank in the last tower event and was successful. Since then I have ranked in 4 events.

Looking back however I tried to rank to quickly and burned through alot more ep than I needed to on that first event. I was able to sell the prize monster for an minimal net loss of ep. However the other side benefit was priceless, over 25 levels and the energy boost that comes with it. That push helped me in all the other events.

Demoni
Demoni

Back to top Go down

Post by qwersjc Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 am

Were any of you ever that rare person out of the top 500 (like 555 or something) that got the monster? I think that would be awesome and incredibly lucky! Surprised

qwersjc

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 am

Grendel wrote:
applesauce wrote:lol im not shouting

sorry but making something bigger, underlined etc. is the same as using CAPS LOCK or 5 exclamation marks.

If you are writing in a forum or chat all this means shouting.

But thanks for the information with the number of floors i would need to get into top 500 ranking. Smile

my first post that said ranking was being ignored so i wanted to make it very clear on the second post, it was not my intention to be seen as shouting but whatever take it how you will.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by WorpeX Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:22 am

Demoni wrote:
Grendel wrote:

We were all new to this game at some point. I was fortunate enough to have a few real friends to give me guidance from the beginning.

I would suggest you don't even worry about trying to rank in an event before you hit lvl 100 or better yet 125. The reason I say that is energy is king and the more energy you have the further ep's go. Kind of lame I know but attempting to rank and failing early on is much worse than not trying in the first place. By making an attempt you are burning your myep. If you do not succeed in getting the top 500 reward it's pretty much a loss. It is however less of a loss these days because of all the prizes that are actually worth ep along the way, vs the old days where the final prize was pretty much the only thing of worth.

The longer you play the better you get and the more the game dynamic makes sense to you. Just like most things in life good things come to those that wait. I first attempted to rank in the last tower event and was successful. Since then I have ranked in 4 events.

Looking back however I tried to rank to quickly and burned through alot more ep than I needed to on that first event. I was able to sell the prize monster for an minimal net loss of ep. However the other side benefit was priceless, over 25 levels and the energy boost that comes with it. That push helped me in all the other events.

The problem with this logic is that you will never level up if you don't burn myep's. If you just sit on your eps and wait for the auto refresh of ep, it will take you a year to get to level 125. I was trying to do that for awhile, but in the last 2 events I gave up sitting on my eps and have been just going balls to the wall. Fuck it. I started spectrum helix at level 67 and im now level 88. Worth it!
WorpeX
WorpeX

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:44 am

I was at 816 floors and ranked #498. So...........take that information and do what you want with it.

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 am

I did event from lv 20, needed 300ep to rank
Ended at lv 85, sold stuff and AA reward for 400+ ep

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:34 am

Grendel wrote:and the chance to get a GES at the summon is only 1/4.
'I know statistically this is true, but tell that to my 3 GES in a row lol :-p
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:20 am

One of my ally was at 2,000 floor and ranked 20, at this moment I have 3-4 allies with 3,000+ floors already

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 am

XJF wrote:
Grendel wrote:and the chance to get a GES at the summon is only 1/4.
'I know statistically this is true, but tell that to my 3 GES in a row lol :-p
No, you don't know it's statistically true. Just because there are 4 possible outcomes, that doesnt mean ATeam made them equally likely. I've gotten 4 ges in a row, so i have my doubts

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 am

WorpeX wrote:
Demoni wrote:
Grendel wrote:

The problem with this logic is that you will never level up if you don't burn myep's. If you just sit on your eps and wait for the auto refresh of ep, it will take you a year to get to level 125. I was trying to do that for awhile, but in the last 2 events I gave up sitting on my eps and have been just going balls to the wall. Fuck it. I started spectrum helix at level 67 and im now level 88. Worth it!

Same goes for me, after thinking a bit about it I decided to burn all MyEp on this event since it gives the best XP per Energy =)

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 am

ryesteve wrote:
No, you don't know it's statistically true. Just because there are 4 possible outcomes, that doesnt mean ATeam made them equally likely. I've gotten 4 ges in a row, so i have my doubts

OK this information just makes clear it can't be a 25% chance ^^
And all this proofs that you will most likely have a GES if you get SoL gg

Something other what' will mostlikely be the reward for defeating this McFly after the Mid-event rankings?

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by pacer0928 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

How much do GES sell for nowadays?

pacer0928

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:21 pm

And I was hoping GES would go up in price after this event. Guess not...

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Grendel wrote:
ryesteve wrote:

OK this information just makes clear it can't be a 25% chance ^^

This does nothing of the sort. The odds of getting 4 ges in a row if there are 4 possible outcomes and all are equally likely (assuming independent events) is 0.39%. Small, but not impossible. Given the number of active players (> 50K I think), you would expect a good number of them to get 4 ges in a row.

Now, if you had said "OK, this information just makes clear is most probably isn't a 25% chance", then I wouldn't have had to get on my pedantic math-nerd soapbox.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next