Is heal a good skill?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is heal a good skill?

Post by Henry10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I just wanted to know what do you think about this skill (good or not), and how would you use it in battle (for example would you give it to the leader of your formation?).
Thanks in advance:)
Henry10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is heal a good skill?

Post by Armitaage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Personally, I would not use heal on any monster, as it uses up one of your attacks to heal a monster that's almost dead anyway, on the first available turn when it can be used. this would frequently be too early in the fight for it to really make a difference, as the enemy will most likely still have enough firepower to kill the healed monster anyway, while you make one less attack trying to stall for time. in short, heal is a horrible skill, life spirit is more of a collector's item than anything. crit, which has such a bad rap as being little better than no skill, is better than heal because it at least has the potential to activate multiple times in a fight and doesn't waste an attack in it's activation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
Max Lvl Party Calc*, Sacrificing Guide & Formation Guide by yours truly

*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Ah ok. So heal can be used only once by monsters, or multiple times? And doing so anyway consumes an attack. And what if the monster with heal skill dies? He could even die on the first turn and not having the possibility to use the skill at all right?:/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Henry10

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 pm

the heal skill is one use only(would be more overpowered than agi or health up if you can use it multiple times) and yes, if the monster with it dies before it has a chance to use it, it will NOT be used. in this respect it is very similar to venomous breath, arctic tempest, slumbering breath, hell's blaze, revive, and celestial lightning. like any of those skills, if the monster dies, the skill is not used and it is one use only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]

*needs testing with certain teams to ensure quality. also, monster data doesn't update itself without me logging on to manually add monsters, yet, so some of the newest monsters might not be available for use right away. Missing max lvl stats WILL affect final stats, so make sure to pm me with screenshots of it whenever you want to add data.
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by sel on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Heal skill is pointless...expensive skill to skill up, and not much benefit to the formation because it heal 1 time to 1 creature thats it. Compare to other skill like DED DEA IPA IPD Health Agi are skill for entire duration of the battle. Useless indeed. I rank this skill 2/10. It is because it is better than Sleep.

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:47 pm

actually, sel, i'd rank it below sleep, since sleep can be used to good effect. just set the monster with sleep to be your 5th monster in formation and you can enjoy one less enemy counterattacking after you've unloaded your attacks. the first round is the most important, as it sets the pace of the battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General of Sinnerz
(41708568)
Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]

Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by sel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

True Armi...it more on preference I guess. Either way my message to them is the skill rank is sooo low you need to think twice to put it on a monster.

Like Heal skill. Lousy skill but yet Expensive to skill up.

Like Sleep skill. Can make Blood Blob Version2

Like Crit skill. One of the best of three lousy skill. Cheap to skill up. However there are so many monsters with Crit from high bp to even low bp monster.

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry10 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:41 pm

I am so happy I sold it for 142ep Razz Armitaage I completely agree with you.
Thanks a lot for the informations guys Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Henry10

Back to top Go down

Post by sel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 pm

hooly mooly

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content