Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Torrenal on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Shortly aft I started, there was a summoner grand prix event, just a 'who can summon the best critters'sort of thing.

How often is it? Do I continue to save up free summons and ally points? Or is there little point?
//Torrenal

Torrenal

Posts : 26
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by ericju on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 am

Dont bother. They run a grand prix every few months or so but at least once (twice i think) it overlaps the dark summon 11 pack so you just get trounced anyway.

ericju

Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Torrenal on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:14 am

'every few months', eh?

Well, no harm in trying. About 400 summons saved, some of them dark... Let's see how insane I can make my inventory management when the time comes...
//Torrenal

Torrenal

Posts : 26
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Jewelguy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Torrenal wrote:'every few months', eh?

Well, no harm in trying. About 400 summons saved, some of them dark... Let's see how insane I can make my inventory management when the time comes...
//Torrenal


Just curious...


400 saved summons? You said that you just started? How?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Because smiley freaks are sexy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by applesauce on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Jewelguy wrote:
Torrenal wrote:'every few months', eh?

Well, no harm in trying. About 400 summons saved, some of them dark... Let's see how insane I can make my inventory management when the time comes...
//Torrenal


Just curious...


400 saved summons? You said that you just started? How?

probably from last event, i had 500 in free ds alone, about 1.7k total summons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
applesauce

Posts : 539
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 27
Location : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Torrenal on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm

I'd worked the events, and started saving them as soon as the summoner grand pri ended. I'd also started summoning the second raid boss to farm, but I don't think any of his summons netted me anything meaningful. Actually got 200 die sets in the previous event, mostly due to having a fair conversion of BP to dice (27 BP team that rarely lost), which yielded ally points and free summons.

Burned through the roughly 350 ally point summons and 100+ free summons yesterday... Net yield: 389th place on defense, 600th+ for hp and atk. Yay, free dark summon. For the record, the ally point summons had no effect in the outcome, this was purely the result of the free dark summons I had, and none of those were better than As.
//Torrenal

Torrenal

Posts : 26
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by FrankF on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:45 am

I burned through about 81 free dark summons yesterday. I got nothing higher than A, although some of them were useful: Asura (2), Bloodfest, DDD, Gut Devourer, Magic Light, Marbas, Paimon (3), Quetz, and WWSP. We'll see how I rank. I was < 500 on all 3 categories at about the half-way point of my summons (and 18:00).

FrankF

Posts : 126
Join date : 2013-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Jewelguy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:55 am

Torrenal wrote:I'd worked the events, and started saving them as soon as the summoner grand pri ended. I'd also started summoning the second raid boss to farm, but I don't think any of his summons netted me anything meaningful. Actually got 200 die sets in the previous event, mostly due to having a fair conversion of BP to dice (27 BP team that rarely lost), which yielded ally points and free summons.

Burned through the roughly 350 ally point summons and 100+ free summons yesterday... Net yield: 389th place on defense, 600th+ for hp and atk. Yay, free dark summon. For the record, the ally point summons had no effect in the outcome, this was purely the result of the free dark summons I had, and none of those were better than As.
//Torrenal


Makes complete sense. Please forgive me for asking. I, myself (level 81), decided to not use any potions. I have since regretted it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Because smiley freaks are sexy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Torrenal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I've noticed that at least some events are heavily loaded with potions. On the dice event, my decisions included this one: hum, in 20 sets, I have 19 sets that each give a my EP, and each of those get me 1.1 sets of dice... I've mybp to burn which has an even better exchange rate, and that gets me an AA+ to use, or sell for tradeable EP.

Yeah... That decision made itself.

Seriously, early levels, burn that myep to get your Levels up fast and early, and after that do so in any event where the trade off is even or even just short of it. The potions = Xp = levels, so you'll get to better event rewards tons faster for little real cost beyond regen.

Torrenal

Posts : 26
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Summoning grand prix... Recurring?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum