Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Big Changes

+22
Fenix00
FrankF
larry378
Jackpyne
JessicaMD
Ologolos
overseer07
zzz1998
XJF
Bobertson
applesauce
Armitaage
TigerStrike
bacsiha
robinsonsteve62
hgrubandT
Deathblob
ryesteve
Horg
Scratch102
B$
Jewelguy
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

More Big Changes Empty More Big Changes

Post by Jewelguy Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 am

More new changes including a controversial one. As of 3/14, monster limit cap goes up to 150. But that's not all. As of 3/14, monster limit plusses and skill point resets will no longer be tradeable, gifted, or used/placed in auction. That changes a lot! Skill point resets were quite valuable on the DS market.

Your thoughts?
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

More Big Changes Empty Re: More Big Changes

Post by B$ Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:08 am

it sucks, but w/e
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 am

I predict ML+ and Reset Books shooting up on the rank chat as soon as this is common/public/verified knowledge etc etc

...and not dismissed like another carbuncle + XYZ = AAA rumor.

Skill books are a smart move by GTeam, more $$ for them, less EP trading within the game. Since the ratio of getting anything good on dark summons is pure unadulterated crap, there is now NO reason to buy soul points other than just buying EP/BP.

meh
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 am

lol that sucks, guess I may want to log in and distribute the 100+ MLP I have...
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 am

I like half of it. The main reason ML+'s get gifted or traded is people farming alts. I approve of removing these kinds of shortcuts.

But the skill point reset thing is just a money grab.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 am

My thoughts are:

#1 "Moar Big Changes" should actually be spelled "OMGWTFBBQ!"

#2 Going to bed

#3 Checking the price on reset books in the AM, may buy & sell one or two.

#4 Horg is single-handedly gonna burst the ML+ bubble, before it even gets off the ground (current ask is 1:2). Go Horg! Smile
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 am

Guess they will never unlock AAA from this trend, unless they release AAAA

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am

Deathblob wrote:
#4 Horg is single-handedly gonna burst the ML+ bubble, before it even gets off the ground (current ask is 1:2). Go Horg! :)

lol really? That might be enough incentive to log in again.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

Really. The price has jumped and will keep going up as folks learn about this. Everyone will need 3 of them (120 -> 150) so I can see many folks spending EP for this.

Not to mention all their alt/spam/VM/junk accounts
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:26 pm

I can't beleive some of these auctions on these thing, I see all these ML auctions with like 25 of them or 15.. I saw one selling 50...its stupid...my thoughts are you have to sell them a few at a time, I mean sell 6 at the most at a time, that covers 3 for a guys main and 3 for is alt, no reason to sell more than that in a lot size, I would assume not many people have a ton of alt accounts to need 25 MLs.....and then a reasonable price would be 6 MLs for 5ep, I see this being the best most reasonable extreme for price........just my thoughts

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 pm

no need to buy MLP
lot of event reward it (daily stamp, next event ....) and you only need 3 more

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 pm

exactly... the fact that some people have 50 extra makes me wonder who wouldn't have more than they need right now?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Well I know for me I gift a lot to new low level clan members and the such, or I get bored and donate to random people on the battle page

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerStrike Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm thinking the ML will only be available in the shops. They will no longer offer them in the game and you need to buy them with soul points. This will be a new revenue stream for them as new players have to spend soul points to get them especially since we can't trade, gift, or get them from the AH.

TigerStrike

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:10 pm

I doubt it, since the next event has them on the prize schedule.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 pm

my beef with these changes is that GTeam is completely unaware of the impact they will have on their profits. ml+s have been totally, utterly useless for over 6 months now, ever since i started playing. now that everyone has reached max monster cap, we're all sitting on scores of ml+s that we have nothing at all to do with them. now here's G-idiot-m*****f******-Team forcing us to hold onto them and have no use of any sort for them at all. be nice if they would at least allow us to use them on the items screen when our inv is maxed to get a myep or something, but no, we're all stuck with them.

as for the skill book change, that is just so retarded that "totally, utterly retarded" doesn't begin to describe it. people will not like being forced to spend 25 dollars on a skill book when they cannot really use it to further their game play experience. the trade between ep and skill books has been one of the prime factors of income for ATeam. The only way to get a skill book into circulation is through buying it from ATeam, and 99% of the unhacked ep in the game has come from soul point purchases too. it's a cycle that feeds on itself, especially during events which are now in progress pretty much every day without a break.

GTeam really does not understand just how closely the game's economy is linked to their own bottom line. these changes prove that to cavemen even. no, scratch that, even an amoeba can see just how moronic GTeam is if they would ever even consider the idea of considering doing what is set to take effect in 3 days.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Scratch102 wrote:
Skill books are a smart move by GTeam, more $$ for them, less EP trading within the game. Since the ratio of getting anything good on dark summons is pure unadulterated crap, there is now NO reason to buy soul points other than just buying EP/BP.

meh

how is this a smart move? i dont understand it, reset have to be bought, theres no other way of getting it. by making it un-tradable the market will be much much smaller meaning much fewer reset being bought meaning much less money for them. and the the people who add/remove allies is still not going to pay for one...so....i guess im not doing bp events any more lol
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Part of the reason i quit is because what armitaage said.

Anyone not in rancor feel free to battle me for easy honor point. I use one zombiebear as my defense. Rank1st in rancor

PS: will come back to the game once AAA can be traded, so i can give two cypher aaa (from my main & my alt)to my friend lol

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:02 pm

applesauce wrote:reset have to be bought, theres no other way of getting it. by making it un-tradable the market will be much much smaller meaning much fewer reset being bought meaning much less money for them.
I don't see the market getting much smaller. Sure, some people will quit over something like this, but as for the rest, the people who want to rank will have to suck it up and buy their own skill resets now. They'll still be bought, but by the people who intend to use them. And the people who used to buy them and trade for EP, will now be using that money to buy EP instead. It's not hard to see how A Team benefits.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobertson Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:00 pm

I for one think ATeam has done an awesome job recently with changes to the game.

My guess is that Skill Books will show up as time challenge rewards and ranking rewards, etc.

Bobertson

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:22 pm

I wonder how long until event progs aren't tradable
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm

imo, what ateam doing is pretty clever. They are trying to eliminate smart players who can get ep without spending any money, while forcing players who spend money to pay for ep.

Before, if players needs ep and willing to spend money, they would buy a skill reset then sell it for a lot more ep than they would normally get for the same amount of money. Now they have to spend twice as much money to get the same amount of ep.

Now players who do not spend any money can be excel at only one type of event. They may quit, but Ateam does not care, in fact, Ateam does not want those type of players at all because they are getting in way of lazy players who use money to get ahead.

I am sure Ateam won't sell as much skill reset as before but they are hopping to make that up with the sale of more ep.

Yes, next step is that progs won't be tradable until after the event so only players who spend money can win the event.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm

unfortunately for ATeam, there is a big difference between what they hope to achieve with a change and what actually happens. the totally free players will still not spend anything. those spending only on ep will remain the same at best. at worst their number will drop because they now have to spend even more than what they normally would if they want to rank in an event that they're not geared for. consumers do not like being forced to spend extra for the same services they've been getting in a particular way already. the same is true of those spending on resets. they will be useless as they are as they offer no real value ingame anymore. being able to change your own points for $25 real dollars doesn't actually give you ep you can use. frankly, ATeam will see a very large recoil from this decision by taking a big loss in their profits. enough emails about making these two items tradable again after the changes go into effect and a marked drop in profits will hopefully finally open their eyes, but i'm not holding my breath.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 pm

applesauce wrote:
how is this a smart move?

lol sorry that whole post was sarcastic...I'm just exhausted
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by overseer07 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 pm

I just always find it funny when people speculate based on anecdotal evidence. 'ZOMG! I see people do this, so the game only works this way!!!' Ateam aren't stupid. They have a database with tens of millions of transactions, and they know how to analyze their data to maximize their profits. These games all have a finite lifecycle, and they know how to pull the most money out of them before the game becomes unprofitable. They don't make decisions to please the players, they do it to make money before the game sinks and the next one takes over. Don't ever think you're more than a number in a database to them.

overseer07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum