Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ateam being greedy and unhelpful

+10
bacsiha
Shinzengumi
p2mc28
jbbiggdogg
larry378
ryesteve
Horg
Demoni
sel
Ace77
14 posters

Go down

Ateam being greedy and unhelpful Empty Ateam being greedy and unhelpful

Post by Ace77 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Alright, so I have a question for the DS community, and it's a little bit long, so I apologize in advance. So here's the story: I've been playing for about two months, I'm a lieutenant in my clan, and an overall easy going player, and I feel that I'm being "scammed" by Ateam. I spent over $200 on soul points in order to get dark summons and make a good team, just because I really liked the game. I would normally never spend so much on a game, and it's more than I've spent on any other games in my life. Anyways, my two best monsters, a 35 BP +m winged demon and a 37 BP event reward maxed demon were the backbone of my formation, and my two favorite cards, which I had to do a lot of trading to obtain. About two weeks ago, I sent them to my friend to catalogue/borrow, and the next day, his account was banned. So all of his monsters, ep, etc are still in the account, he just can't access them. This meant that my two monsters, worth around 500 ep and cost me around $200 in soul points are locked in the account, inaccessible to me. I've emailed Ateam about this issue at least 10 times, and I've basically gotten two emails back, saying that they won't un-ban the account, and gifts and trades cannot be undone. I don't have multiple accounts, and I'm an honest and well-paying player, and I feel like I'm being conned out of my cards by Ateam in the hopes that I'll spend even more money to buy those two cards back. The vast majority of my emails to Ateam have gone unanswered, and it's immensely frustrating to have spent all of that money on a game only to be denied access to what should be mine. I find this to be greedy and outrageous of Ateam, since it's obvious that they could either un-ban the account or send my two monsters back from the account, since I've provided them with the user ID and name of the account multiple times. I got another email back from Ateam this morning saying that they wouldn't do anything about my problem, and not to lend out my powerful monsters in the future. I'm looking for honest opinions and hopefully support on this issue, because I'm currently frustrated and disgusted with Ateam, and I feel that their greed and lack of customer support will destroy the game for me, which I otherwise greatly enjoy. any comments/thoughts/opinions on this issue are greatly appreciated, thank you. If anyone would like to contact my further about this please email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Ace77

Back to top Go down

Ateam being greedy and unhelpful Empty Re: Ateam being greedy and unhelpful

Post by sel Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Sad to hear your great loss. But Ateam has a policy and it had been reminded players many many times. Friends or foe ...if you do what you did is your risk. In this occasion you had taken the risk and the consequences is pretty clear cut. You had pass the monster to your friend to catalogue and expect to be returned... only you know this is true. BUT for Ateam it is a legit gift or trade to a player. But unfortunately your "friend" had done something against the policy which cause his account to be banned whatever the reason is. Whether it is permanent banned or duration banned. If it is duration banned, then there is possible you get your monster back as long your friend logs in back into the account. Otherwise it will be lost in cyberspace.

It is not that they are greedy, well the greedy part was they suck your $200 for the DS. But you are just 1 out of 5million players. Therefore conning just you is not worth their reputation in terms of greed. The rest is just Ateam's Policy in terms of trade,gift,baneed and etc. If you read the rules you will be aware of the consequences of it.

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by Demoni Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm

A-Team is just following the policies they put in place. If you should be pissed off at anyone it should be your friend. He did something to get banned, and thus cost you all your cards.

Demoni
Demoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace77 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm

But you guys don't think that it would be easy (and fair) for Ateam to send them back instead of having them locked away in a banned account? I mean, I would understand if they were lost, or sold, or traded etc., but they are literally just sitting there doing nothing. It would cost Ateam nothing, and probably take under two minutes to fix. Instead of bothering replying to my email, they could have just fixed the problem in the same amount of time? I mean, I see it as being scammed by Ateam, because they're probably just hoping that I spend money all over again, which I won't, and it is no detriment to them to just fix the problem. Idk, I'm really frustrated with this right now.

Ace77

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace77 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

I would be happier if they just let me give them to my friends or something, rather than just letting them rot in a banned account. Either way, I feel like this is a scenario where the policies could be bent slightly. It's not like they don't know exactly where the cards are and how to get them.

Ace77

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:33 pm

A-Team has no blame at all here, the only people who are at fault are you and your friend.

It wouldn't be easy or fair for A-Team to send your cards back; I'm sure you weren't the first fool to gift their monsters and never get them back, if they gave you your cards back then they would have to field all legitimate and non-legitimate claims 1000000 times a day. Policy is there for a reason, if they gave us an inch we'd try to take miles.

It does suck that you basically lost 200$, but lets be honest...you already wasted that $200 when you pressed the "buy soul points" button anyway.

*edit* I'd also suggest re-labeling this thread "Proof you shouldn't let others catalog your stuff", since A-Team isn't being greedy or unhelpful in this case.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Here's the part of the story I don't get:

" I sent them to my friend to catalogue/borrow, and the next day, his account was banned."

The next day? Since when does it take more than 30 seconds to catalog a card and send it back? If nothing else, you have me curious as to what was really going on, and what was the reason for the banning.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 pm

ryesteve wrote:Here's the part of the story I don't get:

" I sent them to my friend to catalogue/borrow, and the next day, his account was banned."

The next day? Since when does it take more than 30 seconds to catalog a card and send it back? If nothing else, you have me curious as to what was really going on, and what was the reason for the banning.

Agreed. This is fishy

A-Team, as much as we all love (and we all DO) to criticize them; are blameless in this.

Incidentally; what did your friend do to get banned?

larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by jbbiggdogg Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

[quote="ryesteve"]Here's the part of the story I don't get:

The next day? Since when does it take more than 30 seconds to catalog a card and send it back? If nothing else, you have me curious as to what was really going on, and what was the reason for the banning.[/quote
Agree you should have had your cards back within minutes. As for A-Team, that is their policy that it is at your own risk. Very similar to when several accounts got banned. All the monsters that were traded to unknowing individuals were just taken away regardless of how much "real" $$ they put in. If this person is a real friend and not just a DS friend then contact them and duke it out
jbbiggdogg
jbbiggdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Ace77 wrote:But you guys don't think that it would be easy (and fair) for Ateam to send them back instead of having them locked away in a banned account?

Just "doing" things like this is almost never easy. It's often very difficult, and more often than not extremely dangerous if your system is not designed to specifically do exactly this. I say this from experience, as this is the exact type of thing that my job entails.

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinzengumi Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm

We are sad for your loss but as what others have stated, ATeam is not at fault and cannot undone the ban. It is what it is. Sorry.
Shinzengumi
Shinzengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:04 pm

one more possibility : your friend hasnt been banned, he told you that to steal your stuff

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 am

ryesteve wrote:Here's the part of the story I don't get:

Time zones, bro. Sometimes I send trade to a partner, to swap catalogue monsters. Because my time zone is awkward for my clan, which generally lives in the US, I'm normally asleep by the time they get the trade and accept.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:48 am

You need to coordinate better, "bro". There's no pair of time zones in the world in which people are never awake simultaneously.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by NghiaLe Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 am

Sorry to hear about your loss. You might want to find out about why your friend got banned and have him pay for your loss. A-Team might be a greedy company but they are in the business of making money as all businesses are supposed to do.

You can tell A-Team that the trade was for cataloging but what they don't know is that it might have been a valid trade. They are not here to dispute claims since it would take up all of their time instead of fixing the game and making it better.

When I catalog, I set up time in advance when we can both meet and trade with fair value in-case the other person fails to send me back my monster. I inherently don't trust other people with my things especially since I don't know them and don't know where they live. Scammers are normal people who decide to treat their fellow human being with deceptions so I don't trust people with my things unless I know them personally first hand but even then, I am cautious.

Try to understand A-Team's perspective on this. They are not a dispute resolution center so they have set up policies for them to ignore it. Blame your friend and try your best to have him get your monsters back either by buying you soul points or starting a new account and getting EP to buy one for you. A good friend would do that and a scammer would care less.

NghiaLe

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 am

NghiaLe wrote:
You can tell A-Team that the trade was for cataloging but what they don't know is that it might have been a valid trade. They are not here to dispute claims since it would take up all of their time instead of fixing the game and making it better..

it doesnt matter if it was just cataloging or not, or even if it was a scam or not, they've sent many notices stating that all trades/gifts are final and that you the player assumes all risks for your trade/gift actions, the trade/gift screen even says specifically now that any thing sent cannot be undone period. while i do feel that it sux to lose what u actually paid for, but policy was clearly stated and in place for a very good reason
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by borix Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Why was he banned?

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down