Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fiction Lore!

+2
JessicaMD
Dark Impact
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fan Fiction Lore!  Empty Fan Fiction Lore!

Post by Dark Impact Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 am

Hi everybody! Very Happy If you came across my "Laced Lores" thread you know that a great idea from a poster is the fuel behind this thread! It is a Fan Fiction thread to explain the stories behind the monsters of Dark Summoner, as a badass picture and two sentence background just doesn't seem to be enough to give me an idea of who the monster REALLY is, and I think that we would have so much more fun playing the game if we felt closer to the identity of the monster... Everything I type here will just be nonsense that I come up with as I go along, and I hope I won't be the only poster! Don't be afraid to post stories and replies to stories, and this thread won't become a dud! Together, we can write the history of Dark Summoner!

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Fan Fiction Lore!  Empty Re: Fan Fiction Lore!

Post by Dark Impact Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 am

The beautiful lights of Heaven seemed to contradict the mood of the meeting, which called for the punishment of an angel amongst his people. The angel was accused of attempting to learn dark magicks in the precense of Heaven, which is taken very seriously in higher realms. The angel admitted to his faults, and recieved some amount of mercy for his honesty and repentance, but was sentenced to another life amongst men. He was allowed one privalege; to keep his angelic wings, which were bound to him for eternity to symbolize that wherever he may roam, he is not amongst his kin until he reaches the grave once more...

He spent one year in solitude, in the cliffs above a city. He hid in a cavern, afraid that if he were to show himself to the people below that he would be shunned for the abnormal wings portruding from his back. Once immune for hundreds of years to mental distress, he found himself unused to the lonliness and turmoil. Eventually, hundreds of days of staring at rocky walls, listening to the dripping of water as it fell from stalactites, occasionally peering out at the joyful people below, drove him mad... Before he lost himself in insanity, he decided he would show himself once to the people, to see what they would say, to find hope, to find their acceptance...

He made his decent down the mountain, floating downwards to the center of the city. Time seemed to stop, people gazed up, dropping whatever they held, losing focus of whatever they were doing. The angel landed softly, the soles of his feet bracing against the stone beneath. The only movement seen and the only noises heard came from the fountain in the square of the city, that seemed not to mind his arrival.

After nearly two minutes of staring at the ground, he looked up, and the people were shocked to see how normal he was, that is except for the beautiful wings that folded behind him, attempting to crawl into darkness, but finding none... He looked up. The people did not move. The angel attempted to lift his voice and speak, but could not. He was too afraid, and he had not spoken for a year. He raised his hand to announce that he came peacefully to their city, but the first sight of a sudden movement jarred the people. They cried out,

"Save us from this beast! Guards, come quick, there is a monster among us!"

And a tear came to the angel's eye...

He was quickly seized by town guards, and without retaliation, he accepted his fate, and was taken to the town prison, being prepared there to ship off to a more secure place, denied to right of a trial. The people of the town were not curious, they were scared, and fear has a way of flooding out our other emotions. All they wanted was to be rid of this disruption to their normal lives, and return to their merry ways of singing and dancing, laughing and playing, working and resting.

In the corner of the cell sat a distraught angel, crying in his palm, when a silhouette emerged from the corner of his periferal vision. He wiped his tears quick and discontinued his weeping. The silhouette entered light as it approached, showing a dim cast of its appearance, it was a woman... with red spikes seeming to branch off of her visage...
She stood outside his cell, staring for a while. The angel looked up, confused and frustrated.

The woman spoke up,

"You don't belong here, do you?"

The angel was silent.

"Let me propose a deal to you, my friend. If I were to let you out of this cage, would you come with me and do as I ask?"

The angel waited, and then nodded slighty. He found the courage to speak, and he asked, "Why would you do this for a prisoner?"

She replied, "Because you are more than a prisoner, and I don't belong here either."

"What is your name?" The angel requested.

"I am Anna, and I come frome a place much different than your own. In fact, I somewhat preside over it. A second in command, you might call me. Stand, and come with me."

The bars split and made an opening, large enough for the angel and his wings.

The angel stepped through, Anna grinned, and then it was black.

The darkness cleared to reveal a depressing place. It was bleak, and it was hot. Off in the distance was a massive throne, and barely, a towering shadow could be outlined, sitting upon it. But before the angel could get a better look, Anna pulled him away.

"I know who you are, and where you come from. I also know that you were banished for works that were not your own doing. But aware as well that you are capable of carrying these works out. More capable than any human on this planet that is, because you are hardly human... Your training begins tomorrow, you will lead a legion of demons, forcing them to carry out our master's will, and then you will slaughter them."

The angel no longer seemed distraught. He knew what she said about him was true. He did not commit a crime against heaven. And although it was his own choice to submit to their will, knowing he could not prevail, he seeked revenge...

Years passed as the fallen angel carried out the will of his mysterious master, and the depressing place twisted him, his skin melted, and his appearance twisted... He became a monster... His outline wrought with darkened bones, his skull a fearful gazing image... One thing, though, never changed. Because of the spell cast upon him by the elders of the higher realms, his beautiful wings remained. They are a monument to the righteous self that he left behind, a sacrament to the ways he deserted long ago...

Taroth is a legend to the earth, a hero of the abyss, and he is amongst the higher realms' greatest fears.

It was not until many centuries later that Sara, his eldest love, approached him to ask why he had defended her in heaven all those years ago, given himself up and admitted to her crimes.

He stared at her, and she could not keep eye contact, as he spoke these words:

"I held your burden because you were weak. I walked your path, because you were tired. And I took your blame, because you were afraid. But now you, and all the realms will weaken, become weary, and fear me, for the punishment shall now be yours to bear."

Sara eventually gave into the great torture that was Taroth, and submitted herself to his ways, becoming his enslaver, his messenger of death, the one who brough him his legions from the masses of the innocent to carry out the deeds of the underworld.

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 pm

wow! this is really good!

I like how you incorporated the monster names, descriptions, and appearances into the story.

I look forward to more!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:37 pm

wow this is a lot better than I was thinking, lol. A lot better than I can write!
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 pm

In a separate area of the realm, deep within the Gloomy Swamps… an unusual creature stirred.

It was not like the other creatures of the swamp; not of scale or fur or fin. Not of air or water or mud. Not of flesh or bone. It, like the mire from whence it came, was overlooked by the “ordered” world. And yet disorder was exactly what it needed to thrive. Disorder… and blood.

And it just so happens the latter form of sustenance came to it in the form of an adolescent, novice summoner named McFly.
“What is this thing?” said McFly, prodding the gummy crimson substance with a reed. “Some kind of slime?”

The slime quivered and McFly leapt back in alarm, tripping over a rotten log. He spun in midair, trying to stay alight, yet it was hopeless. He fell, face first, into a nearby thicket of razor weed which, as we all know, is often times fatal.

Blood flew, but McFly rolled clear of the constricting weeds and managed to escape with minimal injury. His mouth and cheeks were sliced, to the bone, and one of his eyes had been gouged out, but he was still alive. And now, so truly was the creature.

Smelling (if such a thing can really be done by an amoebic entity) the red offering, the slime jolted and consumed McFly’s missing eye, using it to build upon itself, replicate it’s mass into a larger, more consistent form.

“Gaaah!” McFly screamed, “My eye! What… what are you?”

Sensing the question was indeed some new, unfamiliar form of communication, the creature nevertheless tried out a response. Its voice, though thick and gurgling, was also coherent.

“I… am….Blood Blob…”
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 pm

damn nice! haha and who are you kidding that literature was much better than mine

Now when I encounter McFly in events I will know he is the reason for said blob of blood Smile

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:21 pm

lol thanks... i was thinking maybe he is responsible for more monsters too but i just started with blood blob... blob was the first a rank monster i got so I'm kind of fond of it.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh that's cool Smile my first was a Gigas that my bro gave me to start with. The first one I summoned was Slaughter Bee Queen, from the last prize of the stamp event at the time probably half a year ago

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Oh and thanks for encouragement Jessica Very Happy

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 pm

You guys are really good writers!

I don't know how to write like that, but I made a little fairy-tale/bedtime story style one about two monsters with pictures (just a fore-warning: It's not as good as the ones you guys did)

Spoiler:
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 pm

JessicaMD wrote:that is how gold gorger learned the meaning of christmas

Fan Fiction Lore!  Nbm10

larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm

larry378 wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:that is how gold gorger learned the meaning of christmas

Fan Fiction Lore!  Nbm10

well, if you take it out of context like that then I guess it sounds kind of dumb
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:00 pm

well, here's my attempt at telling how Death Call Covenant came to be:

Spoiler:
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 am

hehehe these stories are awesome!
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 am

Although I'm not so sure about the Christmas one... Christmas is over, Jessica. I think you should be writing a cute story about Valentines Day... maybe how Quetz falls in love with Hydra after being shot by cupid (aka divine bow clarissa)
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:16 pm

These are awesome!!

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm

these are fun to read!

you guys need to make more Smile

someone should do one for banished. It sounds like an interesting story

description in case someone doesn't have it:

"Was banished to the end of dimensional worlds and time by the gods for unforgiving and merciless behavior."
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

larry378 wrote:these are fun to read!

you guys need to make more Smile

someone should do one for banished. It sounds like an interesting story

description in case someone doesn't have it:

"Was banished to the end of dimensional worlds and time by the gods for unforgiving and merciless behavior."

you should write it Razz

Armitaage wrote:well, here's my attempt at telling how Death Call Covenant came to be:

Spoiler:

I like this!

Ologolos wrote:Although I'm not so sure about the Christmas one... Christmas is over, Jessica. I think you should be writing a cute story about Valentines Day... maybe how Quetz falls in love with Hydra after being shot by cupid (aka divine bow clarissa)

I still have the Christmas spirit in me Very Happy it must be all the snow lol

I like that idea though! A nice Valentines Day story for DS
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:47 pm

JessicaMD wrote:

you should write it Razz

idk how to write stories like these lol
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:50 pm

larry378 wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:

you should write it Razz

idk how to write stories like these lol

not knowing how to write a good story didn't stop me Razz

maybe you can chronicle how banished learned the meaning of MLK day since that was the most recent holiday
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

ok, I tried but don't say I didn't warn you

Spoiler:
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm

larry378 wrote:ok, I tried but don't say I didn't warn you

Spoiler:

Rolling Eyes how long did that take to think up of and write lol
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

larry378 wrote:ok, I tried but don't say I didn't warn you..

lol awesome story larry378!!!!

------

Here's one, pretty lame... I was originally going to start like a song or something, but it morphed into a poem - type thing with fancy words and a few Lovecraft references lol.
Embarassed

Forgotten Holy Soldier,
Chained to the bottom of the Sea,
Condemned to the Deep by Misery and Terror.

Once a Warrior of Great Reknown,
whose prowess was surpassed only by his devotion,
His eternal enemy, the Great Old One,
did fool him with a shifted shape of the Fifth Incarnation,
and offered him a malign gift.

And reading from the necrotic text,
so did the proud soldier replace
the abomination of the depths.

Yet he remains devout,
and his fervor is rekindled with a different focus.
And so I say:

"Dezm, help me raise your brother up!
Hastur, help me cast your brother down!
Forgotten Holy Soldier, I summon you to battle..."
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Ologolos wrote:
larry378 wrote:ok, I tried but don't say I didn't warn you..

lol awesome story larry378!!!!

------

Here's one, pretty lame... I was originally going to start like a song or something, but it morphed into a poem - type thing with fancy words and a few Lovecraft references lol.
Embarassed

Forgotten Holy Soldier,
Chained to the bottom of the Sea,
Condemned to the Deep by Misery and Terror.

Once a Warrior of Great Reknown,
whose prowess was surpassed only by his devotion,
His eternal enemy, the Great Old One,
did fool him with a shifted shape of the Fifth Incarnation,
and offered him a malign gift.

And reading from the necrotic text,
so did the proud soldier replace
the abomination of the depths.

Yet he remains devout,
and his fervor is rekindled with a different focus.
And so I say:

"Dezm, help me raise your brother up!
Hastur, help me cast your brother down!
Forgotten Holy Soldier, I summon you to battle..."

hot diddly damn, that's great! Reminds me of all those raid lord descriptions which sound like they're from some ye-olde text. Very nice!
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 pm

ok this one is still a little christmassy (looosely inspired by rudolph and the isle of misfit toys) but It's more detailed than gorger's christmas story Razz

Spoiler:

Last edited by JessicaMD on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next