Lowballing in auctions how common?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by qpwoalsk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 am

So this is the first time I placed an auction that reached the front page or two and
immediately I get two offers, both a bunch of venom and pre strike skill stacks.

So is this kinda lowball normal or are these two guys just joking around? Or are they
hoping I accidentally hit "accept" button lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Id is

255 466 5397

qpwoalsk

Posts : 234
Join date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by bacsiha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:07 am

no theyre just "banking"
if you reject, cards will return to their gift box, so they can arrange their card to the place they want (for example you can make a group of IPD stak, or whatever stack)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bacsiha's store : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bacsiha

Posts : 552
Join date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by qpwoalsk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:32 am

bacsiha wrote:no theyre just "banking"
if you reject, cards will return to their gift box, so they can arrange their card to the place they want (for example you can make a group of IPD stak, or whatever stack)

Ok ye I know banking lol, just that I thought majority banked gold (back when it was possible) as I don't really see why they would bank Breath stacks, they're both lvl 100+

ty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Id is

255 466 5397

qpwoalsk

Posts : 234
Join date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by Scratch102 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 am

With this event there is a fair amount of banking skill stacks, heck when folks are selling DEA(4) for 1 or 2ep each, folks buy them up and wait until the price gets back up to 3 or so and resell...

It's a great time to level up skills, but if you are into the market-game you can make some monies right now.

As for lowballing, omfg yeah people will offer all kinds of drek hoping you'll accept. Last time I put up a skill reset I was getting all the no-skill event monsters, and other useless cards. Always fun when you say "No Monsters, EP Only" in the auction.

bleh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Monster Corp. (26818537)
- A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
Lieutenant ❚❚

Need a new AA+? Why not [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
avatar
Scratch102

Posts : 393
Join date : 2012-11-08
Location : In yer datacenter, unpluggin yer servers

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by LowPro on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Serious question. Now that the Auction House can be sorted by monster guild and rank is it really worth paying up for the front page?

LowPro

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by God_of_War on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:18 pm

LowPro wrote:Serious question. Now that the Auction House can be sorted by monster guild and rank is it really worth paying up for the front page?

It still is for A/A+ cards as still so many being sold and many of the same type. But for AA there is no point.

Players tend to ignore when you say "EP only" and bid what they want. The ones that make me laugh are when I am selling something worth over 100EP and you get card offers worth less than 10EP with either a "please accept" or a "worth well over 150EP so end please"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i.d. 1891614695 Ares

God_of_War

Posts : 228
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by LowPro on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:34 pm

God_of_War wrote:
LowPro wrote:Serious question. Now that the Auction House can be sorted by monster guild and rank is it really worth paying up for the front page?

It still is for A/A+ cards as still so many being sold and many of the same type. But for AA there is no point.

Players tend to ignore when you say "EP only" and bid what they want. The ones that make me laugh are when I am selling something worth over 100EP and you get card offers worth less than 10EP with either a "please accept" or a "worth well over 150EP so end please"!

I think people severely overestimate EP values for their cards especially when they think rarity is the only factor. Sometimes I see an A level 1 Bayard and someone wants 15 ep for it. Unless it's A+ level 70 with maybe Agi 10 it's not worth more than 2-5 in my eyes.

LowPro

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by qpwoalsk on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

LowPro wrote:
God_of_War wrote:
LowPro wrote:Serious question. Now that the Auction House can be sorted by monster guild and rank is it really worth paying up for the front page?

It still is for A/A+ cards as still so many being sold and many of the same type. But for AA there is no point.

Players tend to ignore when you say "EP only" and bid what they want. The ones that make me laugh are when I am selling something worth over 100EP and you get card offers worth less than 10EP with either a "please accept" or a "worth well over 150EP so end please"!

I think people severely overestimate EP values for their cards especially when they think rarity is the only factor. Sometimes I see an A level 1 Bayard and someone wants 15 ep for it. Unless it's A+ level 70 with maybe Agi 10 it's not worth more than 2-5 in my eyes.

You see a lot of these guys. I think its because they don't know the leaderboards, which is where prices are set in my opinion. Otherwise following auction house and random people's pages tend to overprice everything, and rarity being a big factor since access to people that have what you want is limited whereas in leaderboards you just shout what you want and people come flocking to your page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Id is

255 466 5397

qpwoalsk

Posts : 234
Join date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by Xcalibre on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:23 am

Just to be clear, where can I find "Leaderboards"
avatar
Xcalibre

Posts : 471
Join date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by bacsiha on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 am

battle -> player ranking -> top 3 player's wall ( or top weekly ranking players)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bacsiha's store : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bacsiha

Posts : 552
Join date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by Xcalibre on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 am

Thanks!
avatar
Xcalibre

Posts : 471
Join date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Lowballing in auctions how common?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum